Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 18:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice

I saw this video on Instagram today. Did the op share this video with the particular channel?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwuLc...RlODBiNWFlZA==
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 19:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I saw this video on Instagram today. Did the op share this video with the particular channel?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwuLc...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Video is everywhere, it is being circulated on whatsapp with "caution" with a warning, please don't forward elsewhere. We all know how that work.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 20:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Video is everywhere, it is being circulated on whatsapp with "caution" with a warning, please don't forward elsewhere. We all know how that work.
Yes, that's why I posted the link here - the thread owner sabsubs should be aware of this. I am sure this was done without the OP's consent - they probably lifted it from the YouTube video. I think till the time the case is resolved and closed in the police records, these videos shouldn't surface on social media. You never know how people will use them against you.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Yes, that's why I posted the link here - the thread owner sabsubs should be aware of this. I am sure this was done without the OP's consent - they probably lifted it from the YouTube video. I think till the time the case is resolved and closed in the police records, these videos shouldn't surface on social media. You never know how people will use them against you.
I did not give any consent to anyone to post the videos on other social media platforms. The perpetrators just copied it. Someone has gone through the entire thread and copied it and posted it on other social media platforms, including the video on YouTube. I updated the details only in Team-Bhp and nowhere else. But these culprits took advantage of it
sabsubs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 16:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
But these culprits took advantage of it
Not in your control anymore. They give credit and make money out of hits/clicks. Leave that aside.

Any update on your parents/your own health? And what is happening on the car front?
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Any update on your parents/your own health? And what is happening on the car front?
My parents are recovering slowly. But the pain in the ribs has deteriorated. I am planning to visit the doctor again tomorrow and get it checked & if possible, take an MRI scan as suggested by lejhoom.

Today I got a call from the manager of the body shop. According to him, they have received the green light to dismantle the car, and they have started the process. He also mentioned that they have placed an order for a new chassis. Probably tomorrow I will visit the ASS to see what is happening and how is the progress.
sabsubs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 10:15   #67
BHPian

I was browsing to find out what's the consequence of parking of vehicle in the middle of the road is. I came across Indian Motor Vehicle Act 1988 section 122.

Two cars parked in the middle of the road without warning signs is negligence under the India Motor Vehicles Act, according to the video. Section 122 of India's motor vehicle act 1988:

Leaving the vehicle in a dangerous position.

“No person in charge of a motor vehicle shall cause or allow the vehicle or any trailer to be abandoned or to remain at rest on any public place in such a position or in such a condition or in such circumstances as to cause or likely to cause danger, obstruction or undue inconvenience to other users of the public place or to the passengers.”

But it doesn't specify the penalties for individuals found guilty under this act.

Reference link: https://shorturl.at/knTZ4
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice-screenshot-20230908-102451.png  

Last edited by sabsubs : 8th September 2023 at 10:31. Reason: Added new image and rephrased a sentence
sabsubs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 17:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I did not give any consent to anyone to post the videos on other social media platforms. The perpetrators just copied it. Someone has gone through the entire thread and copied it and posted it on other social media platforms, including the video on YouTube. I updated the details only in Team-Bhp and nowhere else. But these culprits took advantage of it
You lose any control or secrecy once you upload it on the internet. I hope your pain has lessened by now. A couple of questions. From the video, it looks like the stopped vehicles had their brake lights on. Did you not see the brake lights? Secondly, for some reason, instead of stopping or slowing down, you changed lanes and ended up hitting the other vehicle. Did you mistakenly assume there was only one vehicle blocking one lane and failed to notice the second vehicle?
Old 12th September 2023, 20:58   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
You lose any control or secrecy once you upload it on the internet. I hope your pain has lessened by now. A couple of questions. From the video, it looks like the stopped vehicles had their brake lights on. Did you not see the brake lights? Secondly, for some reason, instead of stopping or slowing down, you changed lanes and ended up hitting the other vehicle. Did you mistakenly assume there was only one vehicle blocking one lane and failed to notice the second vehicle?
The bridge had a curve. It is difficult to notice the cars until you reach the top of the bridge. My intention was to take a left, but since my stars were very good that day, there was a biker to the leftmost lane, and no one noticed it.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice-screenshot-20230912-204134.png  

My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice-screenshot-20230912-204157.png  

My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice-screenshot-20230912-204304.png  

My Mahindra ScorpioN crashed into stationary car on bridge | Chassis bent | Need advice-screenshot-20230912-203653.png  

sabsubs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 20:44   #70

Dear Bhipian , Hope you have recovered and all fine from your side including your parents .Could you get any information from M&M on air bags deployment issue?
First take care of your health and later follow-up to get more information from M&M
KRIPS99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 11:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
Dear Bhipian , Hope you have recovered and all fine from your side including your parents .Could you get any information from M&M on air bags deployment issue?
First take care of your health and later follow-up to get more information from M&M
Dear Krips99, Thank you for your concern. I have not completely recovered, however I am a lot better, and the pain has reduced substantially. My parents are slowing recovering.

Yes, I received information from M&M on the air bags deployment issue & their technical team has sent a report to me about it. I will post it here in a couple of days.

My car is ready, the service center informed me yesterday that they completed the work on my car. The body shop manager was in touch with me regularly & was giving updates about the work being carried out. They will test my car next week. I hope that all goes well.
sabsubs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 10:47   #72
BHPian

Hey Sabsubs, Hope you are feeling better.

Wondering if the car is back? Did Mahindra give any satisfactory reply about Airbags deployment? I am.on verge of booking the vehicle, hence, trying to follow this as Mahindra vehicles have been in news for airbags issues more than others.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 08:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:

As there was a small curve on top of the bridge, I could not spot the cars, and there were no hazard lights switched on and only rear brake lights were on. I thought the cars were moving. It was too late by the time I realized the cars were stationary and I rear-ended the car that was parked on the speed lane. The car took a hit, but the air bags did not open. My ribs hit the steering wheel. I had my aged parents in the car. They are 80 years above. We all three were wearing seat belts.

Very sorry for your situation. Hope you recover soon and recover well physically and also get a desired outcome with regards to your wonderful machine.

Next time you are back on the road, please reprogram your mind to slow down if you see brake lights lit up in a vehicle in front. They are there for the very same purpose. Even for me, it is very stressful when I see a hazard in front and brake for that, only to see that the vehicle in my rearview is not slowing down and try to make fast and furious maneuvers. Worst still, some people horn mindlessly at you. Don't be that person.

If those guys stopped in the middle of the highway for no reason, that is still idiotic of them. Nevertheless, you are supposed to atleast slow down when you see brake lights.

Safe driving.
Old 16th December 2023, 12:01   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Any update on this incident? Was the car repaired? Any news from the other party?
Old 17th December 2023, 09:04   #75
BHPian

I would suggest that the mods edit the title to add "airbags did not deploy". More clicks would atleast lead Mahindra to fix this issue. Nothing makes a company wake up as much as negative publicity.

I am yet to hear if anyone has seen or heard airbag getting deployed in Mahindras. We have umpteen number of posts and articles that highlight the same issue over and over again. I am getting disillusioned with Mahindras response. Last time I heard a guy sue them that his car was missing the airbag.

Last edited by pandabear : 17th December 2023 at 09:15.
pandabear is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks