Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 12:43   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these videos and images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page.

Quote:
I had started for an office event at 1:45 pm (approximately) from my home and was at Ejipura Signal when this incident occurred.

I was minding my business (the 2 minutes before the incident verify this). I hadn't done anything except being in a bit of a hurry and overtaking a few cars and had done about 70-80ish on the stretch.

Quote:
At the signal, two autos were miffed that I hadn't let them pass me and slot in behind the Honda City in front of me.

Quote:
At this stage, as soon as the signal turned green, the autos tried to intimidate me into stopping by serving randomly. Post this, I tried to extricate myself from the situation until they cornered me by stopping the car in front of me and boxing me in.

Quote:
The rest is documented in the video I recorded without saying a word since my escape was cut off. From the moment the tempered glass shattered, I was bleeding from my ear as well as my arms which had some fragments that punctured it.

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers-20240229_162627.jpg

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers-20240229_162819.jpg

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers-screenshot_20240229_162756_gallery.png

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers-screenshot_20240229_162718_gallery.png

Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers-screenshot_20240229_162734_gallery.png

Last edited by Aditya : 6th March 2024 at 12:53.
Aditya is offline   (103) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: My car was vandalised by autorickshaw drivers

I'm so so sorry for what the OP had to go through. Please share this widely on social media. Please contact St Broseph as well. Him and his team are doing the god's work of bringing justice in such cases.
TejasKinger is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Totally unacceptable behaviour by the autorickshaw drivers as well as the passengers. The passengers were accomplice to this and were also apparently getting thrill out of it.

One important information missing is was his car an outside state registered car? We have read about similar situations on the forum where such cars were targeted in Bangalore but this doesn’t in any way justify what they did.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 6th March 2024 at 13:34.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't help but notice that too many such incidents are now being reported in Bangalore.
saket77 is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:38   #5
BHPian

I am seeing a spike in road rage cases on social media coming out of Bangalore. Is something going on over there, or just my imagination. From my time in Bangalore, I remember it to be a civilised place with civilised people. These incidents make it seem like not much different from the situation here in north.
cryptarchy is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Are the videos in their original speed? If not, I feel the speed is too high for that road. This is a high density corridor and have seen too many vehicles driven beyond the permissible speeds.

Having said the above, NOTHING can justify what those rogues did. I hope the police was called and a complaint raised. The vehicle numbers, the faces of the rowdies are very clear. I sure hope the police make an example of these kind of people.
dass is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:48   #7
BHPian

Bangalore has traffic problems indeed. But I'd call a spade, a spade.
If this is the pace at which the OP drives when he is running late, perhaps it's high-time that he signed up for some serious driving lessons.

Last edited by jeeva : 6th March 2024 at 13:49.
jeeva is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:49   #8
BHPian

Is it only me that sees an aggressive driving by the car right from video 1-3? The rickshaw crew were hooligans at best, but there was so much de-escalation possible with some sedate driving. It felt like the car was driven right from the highway to the city interiors with the same mindset. Audio which is not present in video 1-3 will give us the other part of the story as well.
ananthacharya is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
Is it only me that sees an aggressive driving by the car right from video 1-3? The rickshaw crew were hooligans at best, but there was so much de-escalation possible with some sedate driving. It felt like the car was driven right from the highway to the city interiors with the same mindset. Audio which is not present in video 1-3 will give us the other part of the story as well.
I also felt the same. I feel the audio seems to have been purposely removed from the first 3 parts to depict there was no provocation from the driver. In case the explanation is that the first 3 videos are from dashcam and it doesn't record audio, the driver should have described the actual complete situation. I do not think the auto drivers would have behaved the way they did without proper provocation. If you see at the 45 second mark in the second video, the auto and car at the same level and I am sure some verbal altercation was taking place. It is very important to deescalate situations whenever you can as sometimes peoples egos are bigger than their common sense. No one becomes small by just saying sorry and moving on instead of getting aggressive and then crying when beaten up.

Last edited by praveen789 : 6th March 2024 at 14:04.
praveen789 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

The first overtake of the autos by the car in itself was little aggressive, and the second one would be where the car pushes the auto on the left almost off the road.

I would definitely expect trouble if I drive like this in Bengaluru which is seeing a lot of road rage incidents off late.

What the auto fellows did is not justified no matter what, but this could have been avoided with some toned down and calm driving given this was in city limits.
DRIV3R is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I also felt the same. I feel the audio seems to have been purposely removed
Audio may be muted in dashcam, as, I also have muted settings for dashcam audio. But from what I understood based on mobile recording audio(profanities apart), auto got hit somewhere which lead to the auto guys chasing, but not justifeid to attack/damage the car. And auto guys are genrally known to gang up and take advantage of situation to make some dough. I reserve my judgement but in general, many yellow board drivers have become very impatient as I observed, also road rage, hooliganism has gone up among certain section.
Normally if an auto or any other vehicle comes close to me trying to overtake or otherwise, I just let them pass. Helps keep my mind peaceful.

Last edited by DetectiveMiles : 6th March 2024 at 14:19.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Too many questions

1. Why is the audio off on the earlier videos? I'm suspecting there's something missing, which might sharewhy the auto drivers were so aggressive.
2. Why not share a combined video. There seems to be gaps where the OP might have responded or done something to incur the anger of those guys.
3. This is the Domlur circle - Ejipura / Koramangala (Intermediate Ring Road) stretch. Wide multi-lane curvy roads with divider, with heavy traffic. Those speeds are not okay for such interior roads. And the way the OP was weaving through those two wheelers and Autos, I'm guessing there's something that happened to trigger these guys.

What the Auto guys did is obviously wrong. But I don't think the OP was completely innocent either. At the bare minimum, a speeding ticket of reckless driving is definitely warranted.
ninjatalli is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:37   #13
BHPian

A few questions cropped up my mind while seeing the videos:
1. Was this a KA registered car?
2. Why was the car being driven like an ambulance?
3. The person who was talking after the window glass was smashed, seemed to be aggrieved about something. What was their contention?
4. Was any money demanded by the persons in the auto?
5. Wasn't any police complaint made after the incident?

I would like to hear that the car driver was really in a rush due to an emergency for driving like that. I can't understand why someone would be so rash.
HIGHWAY_PATROL is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 15:14   #14
BHPian

The first thing I noticed too was the speed of the car. There are some overtaking and poking into front of other vehicles at speed and had to look at other vehicle's speed to make sure the video was not sped up.

I hope the driver drove straight to a police station. If not there is no excuse for that. Less said the better about the auto driver's reaction. No one has the right to destroy or even touch other's property.

I see road rage incidents in NCR region regularly in newspaper web sites where people thrash each other. No excuses, but in Bengaluru everything comes to fore which is good.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 6th March 2024 at 15:16.
PreludeSH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 15:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what lovely speeds the car was doing! Zig-zagging all over. Video is deliberately muted to mute out constant honking as well!

While the behaviour of Auto driver is deplorable. There is no smoke without fire! The VW guy could've been more patient as much of a hurry he was in.

Nowadays whenever people are caught for rash driving or so -- they say "I was going to the hospital"

I guess the guy was wanting to get into a hospital with that kind of driving. Luckily ended up at the service station with a whimper!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th March 2024 at 20:12. Reason: Removing non-forum emoticons
Shubz is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks