Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 10:50   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

When I called Psycho early one morning, and asked for "Psycho".....I think his wife was pretty pissed off.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
like for eg. our Benny boy. You look at him and you dont even have to double guess before you can bet your last shirt that he is Mallu.
I agree and no ways on sweet earth I would wanna bet a single shirt of mine for that.

No offense baby boy.I think you need to start sporting a mustache and longer side burns. Just to get that achayan look and live up to that mallu looks .

I hope you dont mind me posting this

Has happened to me also, a colleague of mine wanted to go for an ICE upgrade. Gave him blueraven's number , actually sent a business card to my colleague.
Satya's number was stored as tbhp-blueraven on my phone.

My colleague comes back asking , whats his name and damn he caught me off-gaurd. I literally had to scratch my head. LOL !!

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 24th August 2007 at 11:09.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

i solved that problem by storing the nick names as the "designation" and t-bhp as the company!
Old 24th August 2007, 12:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
Good to know that my Mallu traits are beginning to show up now.
Actually I would rather you not pick up one of the Mallu traits, which you do not have currently. Which is imbibing alcohol. You dont drink, right ? Atleast that is the impression I got at Yelagiri.

Keep it that way - that Mallu trait ain't worth having.

Seriously OT : BTW, I have a Mallu friend in Blore, named Kevin, who is quite similar to you in looks and the way you talk and in not drinking. Only difference being he is a bit taller and has a good physique (he's a gym-freak). If you run into him, I am sure it would be like the classic case seen in movies - both of you look each other up and are like, "do you have that mole on your shoulder" or whatever dialogue it is that is usually said.
Old 24th August 2007, 13:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

its the same here in this part of the country as well - whenever we (the kol gang) meet each other - most of the time we address each other by our team BHP handle.

OT: shuvc gets really pissed whenever i call him shuvc da(dada).

one instance - Kolaghat Reliance A1 Plaza meet - Razor keeps calling me by my real name at the venue - but i responded only when he called me "oye planet! #&#^%#"

so we decided on maintaining an Excel sheet which includes our team BHP handle, our real names, phone numbers, etc. but still we address each other by our team BHP handle.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 24th August 2007 at 13:33.
Old 25th August 2007, 15:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
It is bound to happen when most of us here have nick-names or strange ids as T-bhp ID, and for the same precise reason I had suggested Mods long time back to request all Bhpians to put their real names, place and Car models they own in their signature, but sadly there were no takers for this idea.

Sounds Intersting....
Idea taken!!!!
Old 27th December 2007, 23:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
And then he says he works for Amex at Chennai. I am like, "Where's the office?". When he says, "Spencers Plaza", I say, "Hey, I know someone there". And then he asks me the name. I almost say, "slipstream", before I realise that it is his tbhp nickname. And I am racking my brains for his actual name, but ofcourse I dont know it.

First thing I did after coming to office was PM slipstream for his name. I am still waiting, slip. Respond.
Supreme, being used to tamil/indian cinema, i was expecting something like the guy you met was 'slipstream' and you came to know about it when he responded etc.,, sort of an anticlimax for me
Old 27th December 2007, 23:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't really look Tamil. Infact I dont even have the stereotype Mallu look, like for eg. our Benny boy. You look at him and you dont even have to double guess before you can bet your last shirt that he is Mallu.

Ofcourse I found later that he is a Mallu, born and brought up in Chennai, hence the Tamil. God, is there no place you can be in peace without these wandering Mallus ?
Haha...good one. I guess its easy to spot a mallu.. Count me in the league,sans the typical 'moosh'. A goatee makes me look more like a Mexican (same with my brother,and we invariably end up being spoken to in Spanish0

My mom had this incident in Kerala,5-6 years ago. She bumps into this person who looks so familiar.So she smiles at the lady,and they begin to have a conversation. 3-4 minutes go by,and the lady asks my mom if she remembers her(the lady's) name. My mom is caught off-guard,and she's trying to recollect. At first my mom says..'oh yaa..i sure do remember'.

And what's even more funny,is that this lady didn't let my mom get away with it.She grills my mom for over 15 minutes,asking her to come out with the name.Ever since, my mom (and everyone in the family) decided that she'd rather say that she doesn't remember the name,than get stuck in this mess.
Old 28th December 2007, 01:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

I got away a couple of times by asking their mail IDs, which more than often gave away the names.
Old 28th December 2007, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
And then he says he works for Amex at Chennai. I am like, "Where's the office?". When he says, "Spencers Plaza", I say, "Hey, I know someone there". And then he asks me the name. I almost say, "slipstream"
u shud've said it, man ! there are a lot of guys in the office (we're 350+ strong) who keep referring to me as the guy who owns the "slipstream esteem". But I guess this is just the guys who have the slightest of inclination for cars. The others wouldnt care less if my nick was "slipped & fell into the stream". Not too sure wat category the dude you met belonged to.

well, a few bhp'ians were at N_Aditya's wedding and he was introducing us to his newly wedded wife as slipstream, islero, hotrod & headers. Should've seen her reaction...

thats she's used to it now is a different story....so much so that last track day when someone used the word torque steer, she was quick to point out to Islero
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:06   #26
BHPian

My dad is a retd. professor and quite often he bumps into his former students. He would have taught thousands of students in his 32 years of teaching. Students often remember the names of profs, however, the converse is not always true.

Dad says he circumvents this problem of identifying the name by asking the student "So, where do you work now?" so that he can connect the dots better. However, most of the times the reply he gets is "I work at the same place, sir!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks