Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 17:27   #16
BHPian

Hi,
I too lost 2 mobile during last one year, one at andheri station while boarding train(mobile in shirt pocket), second one at Borivali station while boarding again, but this time mobile was in trouser's pocket.
First one was Siemens(old model) and second one was N2112.
If at the same rate, i lost my third mobile, dont be surprise to see a person travelling in Mumbai with a thick iron chain tied to a mobile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th September 2007, 19:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Some thing that can be helpful in cases of loss/theft of mobiles:

1) Take back up of your phone contacts .
2) In case you are an Airtel user with GPRS capable handset, go to Airtel Live. There is a mobile protector option there. What you can do is feed upto 5 alternative nos. Once a person inserts a new sim card the handset will generate an sms ( without the user getting to know) and send it with the mobile no of the new sim to the alternative nos registered earlier. You will thus know the mobile no of the new user. This can be shared with police although it is a different matter if they really act on the information provided and help you. ( Mobile thefts figure low on their list of priorities unless you can get some pressure to bear on them)
Old 12th September 2007, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your advise i will suerly back up everything from now on-I have recovered most of the contact numbers,the phone which i am using is LG KG110(cost1.7k)http://www.tech2.com/media/images/im...kg110large.jpg
i got it in emergency as i do not have any spare cell phones except a communicator9210i which i hate to use.LG is good till now its serving my purpose of messeging and calls,later on when i am in urge of using the net i will upgrade for the HTC Touch.really awesome.

cheerz
Old 13th September 2007, 10:13   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Some thing that can be helpful in cases of loss/theft of mobiles:

1) Take back up of your phone contacts .
2) In case you are an Airtel user with GPRS capable handset, go to Airtel Live. There is a mobile protector option there. What you can do is feed upto 5 alternative nos. Once a person inserts a new sim card the handset will generate an sms ( without the user getting to know) and send it with the mobile no of the new sim to the alternative nos registered earlier. You will thus know the mobile no of the new user. This can be shared with police although it is a different matter if they really act on the information provided and help you. ( Mobile thefts figure low on their list of priorities unless you can get some pressure to bear on them)
To register a police case they asked me 500 RS ,then how can they trace and find the lost phone? .Even if we have a good technology there is no proper system to trace this and no co ordination between service provoider and Police department.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Mobile thefts figure low on their list of priorities
Actually I do wonder what their list of priorities is :

- They dont worry about mobile phone thefts
- They dont worry about traffic rules being broken - just look around at any time of any day at any road in India and you will know what I mean.
- They dont care about people being stabbed (a friends maid was stabbed 3 months ago and though they have all the details of the perpetrator there has been zero movement on the case since the last 3 months. They actually kept the perp's friend in jail for a couple of days. Are they waiting for the perpetrator to surrender? I wonder.....)
- They dont worry about burglaries
- They dont care about extortion calls - supposedly.....

The only thing they seem to do diligently these days is VIP duty. Am sure it is very exciting to chaperone Aishwarya Rai (or some other celebrity) when she visits one of the temples.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post

- They dont worry about traffic rules being broken - just look around at any time of any day at any road in India and you will know what I mean.
- They dont care about people being stabbed (a friends maid was stabbed 3 months ago and though they have all the details of the perpetrator there has been zero movement on the case since the last 3 months. They actually kept the perp's friend in jail for a couple of days. Are they waiting for the perpetrator to surrender? I wonder.....)

The only thing they seem to do diligently these days is VIP duty. Am sure it is very exciting to chaperone Aishwarya Rai (or some other celebrity) when she visits one of the temples.

To add to that list:

rowdy taxi drivers threatening hapless motorists
Old 18th September 2007, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post

Sunita, being an advocate, you must know the priorities of Bangalore Police..its just $$$ from whoever goes to the station for anything...whether he is a complainant or accused
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
To add to that list:

Yeah.... how did I forget that one?
Old 4th October 2007, 10:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
To add to that list:

Not that they ignore such cases.. they ask you to settle the dispute amicably, or else drop your car at the police station. Then on, its their rule. They never try to actually help the harried motorist.
Old 4th October 2007, 14:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guys,I have upgraded my fone to Sony Ericsson P990i with a 1GB card,works fantactic,lil sorrows for the stolen phone but its ok,everything should go on and i have recovered almost 70% of the numbers.

Cheers..!!!

Most Viewed