Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lost my Mobilephone

Hi guys,Good morning everyone,today morning tradgedy happened,as usual i was on my wa to the Andheri Station to get a local train till Churchgate.I was using a Motorola A780,though the fone was quite old and a rare find but still served my purpose very well.The only issue is about the Sim card which had phone numbers of my clients and friends.
That was one of the phone which i really liked,so please you guys be careful in trains as i think a gang is operating in the first class of the mumbai locals,as unfortunately ive been robbed today,but from past two weeks ive heard about 5-7people loosing their phones during peak hours.
Now that my phone is lost i am sad ,but we need to move on and forget the past.... and that call for an upgrade a Sony Ericsson P990i , a Nokia E-90 or a HTC touch...cheerz have a nice day and thanks for reading my post.

Mods I have searched for this thread,if this thread is created earlier you may please merge it.

Ramie
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:34   #2
BANNED

Yes Here in Bangalore also same problem,but not train its BTS bus

I lost my cell last year in BTS bus that too removed from my pocket

without my knowledge .
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ramie, sorry to hear about your phone.

Mine was flicked while i was purchasing tickets in black for 'Rang De Basanti' at a theatre in Hyderabad. Neatly lifted from my jacket pocket.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

same happened yaar someone flicked it from my pocket as well,but though i salue these people how neatly they do their job,i wish they use their skills in doing something good and longterm
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:54   #5
BHPian

^ like what? What could they possibly use thier "skills" for that would be "good" ?!?!?
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

any other work rather than doing robberies
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

i think SE launched P1 (28K-ish)- take a look if possible. what about A1200 or even ROKR E6? both are Linux based IIRC.

sorry about the fone though :(
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

My first mobile, a Samsung R220 was neatly flicked when I was buying ticktets at IMAX theatre in June, 2004---it was barely 360 days old! I can recall the agony---probably was the costliest object I ever lost---had cost me 5K when I bought it.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

same here yaar,this stuff was also very expensive,i am just thinking how much hit will i get to buy a good new phone,as this sal.i was deciding upon to buy a PSP for myself after a 4months of thinking:(
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:33   #10
BHPian

Sorry for the phone!
Not always, but sometimes its our own carelessness which leads to these kind of incidents. usually phones have small strings attached to it. When we keep it in pockets, Please make sure that string does not hang out of pocket else its almost inviting for trouble.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:50   #11
BHPian

Duplicate! deleted the post

Last edited by greatDrive : 3rd September 2007 at 16:51.
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:31   #12
BHPian

dosent LG or motorola have some phone with an anti theft device? i've seen the ads on tv, but never could figure out what it does?

also keep backing up your contact list onto a pc that way if phone is gone, you will atleast have all the numbers.
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

this one didnt had any strap,but for sure it was a group of smart thieves as i am not sure if i was the only one who's fone was robbed from the entire compartment,nope my fone do not have any anti theft device.Sending the IMEI number of the fone to motorola might help in disabeling the fone from usage???? any idea about it.
Old 12th September 2007, 12:31   #14
BHPian

The problem with losing a mobile phone is not even the monetary loss, but the loss of numbers of friends, relatives, clients, & business associates. With v-cards & the like, storing a "contact" has become trivial, & we give nary a thought to the actual 10 digit number itself.

I lost my mobile phone last year too, but it was not stolen - I absentmindedly placed it on the roof of my car, & drove off ! Only on getting to work did I realize that the phone was missing... By then it was too late, & since my phone has STD, & ISD facility, I immediately reported the loss to AirTel, who disabled dialing out of my number. I've been syncing up my phone to my PC religiously since then.

A funny end to this tragic story though, a couple of days after I lost my phone, I called my own number & got a person who courteously informed me that he'd bought my phone for Rs.500 & that although it was a nice phone & all that, it wasn't dialing out
Old 12th September 2007, 13:15   #15
BHPian

Sorry to learn about your loss @Ramie2400, I have all my phone numbers stored in my lappy, Would be handy in situations like this. All you need is the Instalation CD, Works for my Nokia and Motorola.
Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks