Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 03:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

guys just saw it in the news the boy and his driver has been let off on bail and the child could face a two year sentence. it all depends on what offence is filed by the police.
as per eye witness reports the child was driving and the driver was sitting next to him. according to me the driver should also be punished as he could have avoided the situation. in what i can see is that it does not look like it is the parents fault entirely as the child could have bossed his way to the drivers seat. an emplyee is an employee after all he cant refuse his employer.
Old 6th September 2007, 04:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Blaming it on someone is one thing. Understanding the intricacies is another.

Many things - like manners, decency, respect or proper behavior do not come with education/schooling/teaching. They basically come from the parents/family they are brought up in. Unnecessary pampering, ignorant parents sometimes do not understand what they've made out of their children.

No, I do not mean to say that the parents should be sued. I also don't want to generalize something out of this.

My sincere suggestion to one and all: Please make sure we take the responsibilty of bringing up our kids with responsibility, not JUST care and affection. We should never be in a situation where people point fingers at us and say the above. There is something to learn from this incident - that if we don't teach our kids what is very critical for the society, we would end up facing things we would never imagine. Let us be practical, responsible parents while loving and caring.

P.S: Sorry if I sounded like an advisor, I am just requesting, thank you.
Old 6th September 2007, 08:23   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Is a child of twelve able to be prosecuted for crime in India? I think you have to be 13 in UK, although this fact is exploited by quite a number of wild kids who commit crime and just stick their fingers up to the police because they can't be touched.

To imprison a 12-yr old child seems inhuman to me. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The wrong kind of adoration can ruin a child's life.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Huh

12 yr old driving Qualis, Kya parents hain !! Kammal Hai !!

I think instead of punishing the kid in juvenile court, they should call his parents as well for being such responsible citizens.
I can predict what will happen now. The police and the parents together will scheme and pin the blame on the driver sitting beside the 12 yr old. He will be held responsible for the whole fiasco and arrested and sentenced. Meanwhile the 12 year killer will go scot free to maybe mow more people down. Sad but true, our beautiful judicial and law enforcement system.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:42   #35
BHPian

After reading through the whole thred, IMHO parents should be held responsible. When the child is a minor, the ultimate responsibility lies with the parents.
Old 8th September 2007, 01:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

An adult in charge of a child should be responsible.
Old 8th September 2007, 02:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
An adult in charge of a child should be responsible.
, but in this case who is to be blamed, the driver who was with the child or the parents of the child.
i hope justice is given to the family that lost their 3yr old child. also an example be set to other irresponsible parents.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:50   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

That is the most difficult question.

Ultimately, I guess the parents have the moral responsibility.

I don't know, but I suspect that the driver, as the adult present and in charge of both child and car, probably has the legal responsibilty.

Even though handing over the keys to a child is like handing over a loaded gun, it must be difficult for a family driver to say 'no' to a member of the family.

This, though, is the point, I think, where further speculation is useless without knowing the people involved.

There can be no real justice for the bereaved. Nothing can compensate them.
Old 8th September 2007, 22:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Tough situation to comment on, but the responsibility of teaching the young one the seriousness of driving rests squarely on the parents. I am sure his dad would have let him drive it on another occasion too which is why the kid wanted to try it again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks