Team-BHP - Watch out, black Pulsar riders!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Watch out, black Pulsar riders! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/29019-watch-out-black-pulsar-riders.html)

Watch out for the black Pulsar riders!

Quote:

New Delhi: Dudes riding black Pulsar motorcycles need to watch out!

In what is a recent trend, Pulsar riders have been linked to most cases of snatching gold chains and purses in the capital.

Delhi Police sources say that instructions have been given out to specifically look out for bikers riding swanky 150cc or 180cc black colour Pulsars - who have a tendency to zip through roads in Bollywood style.

"We have asked our officials to put barricades at strategic points in crime prone areas and frisk those riding Pulsars in the age group of 18-30 years," a senior Delhi Police official told IANS.

"We have seen a trend. In most chain or purse snatching cases, the criminals fled on black Pulsars. Those who got caught in snatching cases were mostly found using these bikes," the official added.

According to Delhi Police data, over 850 cases of snatchings have been reported this year in the capital. Most cases were registered from the city's northwest, west and south districts.

The police, however, claim that around 70 percent of those involved in these snatching cases have been arrested and in 50 percent of the cases, the stolen items were recovered.

A person involved in chain snatching can be jailed for up to three years.

A senior official of the Crime Branch, which deals with special crimes, said that most chain snatchers operate on motorcycles or scooters and mostly in open areas where escape is easier.

The Indian-made Pulsar is said to be the preferred mode of transport.

"The criminals mainly target women and children - outside schools, colleges and market places. Most incidents take place in evenings. Most victims get frightened by the sudden attack and are hardly able to protest," the official explained.

"And the snatchers disappear before the victim realises what has happened. Sometimes people don't even know that they have been robbed!"

Policemen who have interrogated the snatchers say that most of them had a fascination for black Pulsar bikes as these could be manoeuvred and controlled better in comparison to other bikes.

"They told us that these bikes are more comfortable and easy to maintain," the official added. "But why they prefer black colour bikes, we don't know."
Source

That's because black is the most common color. :)

I have a black Pulsar. Time to feel scared?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 568804)

How about some stripes of Zebra shade on your vehicle to seperate from others :Cheering:

Quote:

Dyou run a delivery service in DXB? lol:

So Guys,
Bang your old cars/Mahindra jeep(Commander-the old one) against some black Pulsers and Lo we might be able to catch some thieves.

Quote:

Man, i could never relate you to the chain snatchers. Goes to show that you can never tell. he he he. SO, what was the collection this week, black pulsar boy ? (With AP regn. ?)

its time to fear the black...LOL

i love the way the media puts things across

bikers riding swanky 150cc or 180cc black colour Pulsars - who have a tendency to zip through roads in "Bollywood style."

Quote:

Not unless you were riding it in Delhi at the wrong time

I needn't go hiding as i snatch chains on a red one !!!

Edit: Just kidding, incase someone reports it to the policelol:

A similar saga happened in Mysore long ago. They had started stopping all the Yamaha RX 1xx bike riders since there was a report that the culprits were using an RX.

One simple question - if the cops publicize this information and get it out to the media, are they trying to send a message across to the culprits to change their bikes? I don't see any other reason for having this in the newspapers. Besides, if they really wanted to catch the culprits, they should have had this drive very quitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 568953)
Not unless you were riding it in Delhi at the wrong time

And doing the wrong thing hehe:)

"most of them had a fascination for black Pulsar bikes as these could be manoeuvred and controlled better in comparison to other bikes."

Drat!!! i guess that explains why my RED pulsar is not such a good handler!!!lol:

One late night my brother was returning home on his 180 cc pulsar and was stopped by a couple of cops on a deserted road near my home. On being asked what they were looking for, the cop angrily complained that some guy had stolen a cop's pulsar and fled from the police station!

Beat that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 568909)
Dyou run a delivery service in DXB? lol:

Hehe... now that would make for a good alibi as well !!