Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 00:24   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
few funny signs from an email frwd I received today.
damn - lovely VIRGINs?????

and one has to have a 'relationship' with 'servant' - what is this place?? some creepy dystopia?
Old 26th May 2010, 00:25   #557
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
damn - lovely VIRGINs?????

and one has to have a 'relationship' with 'servant' - what is this place?? some creepy dystopia?
"Lovely Virgin Suppliers" to be specific

The other one is in Goa I suppose
Old 26th May 2010, 00:35   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Pervez, did you send this pic to TOI? Saw an edited version of this pic in the TOI a couple of days ago.
Nope! Must have been someone else. This is somewhere near third block where we get some excellent Taate/Thatte Idlees.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:14   #559
BHPian

Got this in a email forward.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-image023.jpg  

ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 16:36   #560
BHPian

very pleased ??

Here's one that I received in email today.. Mr Brownridge must be one happy man !
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-1.jpg  

s@tan2s@int is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 16:55   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Here's one that I received in email today.. Mr Brownridge must be one happy man !
I don't think so. He might have taken police protection or had to wait till the correction came to go back to his wife .

Excellent one s@tan2s@int.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:08   #562
BHPian

This one near NASA, Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-29012010002.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 19:04   #563
BHPian

A match box I got yesterday in Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-img00365201005281734.jpg  

sv1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 19:10   #564
BHPian

These are some really good NO Parking signs

These are some signs from around the world that I received in an email.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_01.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_02.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_03.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_04.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_05.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_06.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_07.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_08.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_09.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_10.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_11.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_12.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_13.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_14.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_15.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_16.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_17.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_18.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_19.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_20.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_21.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_22.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_23.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_24.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_25.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_26.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_27.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_28.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_29.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-funny_no_parking_640_30.jpg  

Old 31st May 2010, 08:01   #565
Senior - BHPian

Here is one at the Tattoo shop.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-moto_0075.jpg  

Last edited by prince_pervez : 31st May 2010 at 08:04.
prince_pervez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 07:00   #566
Senior - BHPian

I am slowly beginning to realize why americans are so serious about their cars. Here we have drive-in food, banking, pharmacy, theaters, beaches and what not. I thought I had seen everything until I saw this in my trip to florida a week before.

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-img_0268_small.jpg
Old 1st June 2010, 07:40   #567
Senior - BHPian

Extracts from Colin Todhunter's article on road signs. No pics though.

Quote:
The Leh-Srinagar Highway has a baffling array of signs, including, ‘This is a highway not a runway’, ‘Drive like hell and you’ll be there’ and ‘Do not be rash and end in a crash’. Pure poetry. But one of the best ones has to be the highly sensuous, ‘Be gentle on my curves’. Surely, they are not really talking road safety, are they? The signs themselves may actually be more trouble than they are worth.

Drivers who care to read them may end up in serious trouble, losing control of the steering wheel as they reel in fits of laughter. As the hapless driver becomes gripped by uncontrolled laughter, he plummets over the cliff edge, and, just before leaving the road, he may glimpse the sign that reads, ‘Hospital ceiling are bored to look at’.

Travelling certainly broadens the mind, and travelling in India has definitely opened mine to the endless talent and wit available in the sign-writing business. I’ve seen, ‘Hurry-Burry spoils the curry!’ in four-foot green and yellow letters, and who could fail to nod sagely at the following gem in white and red — ‘Better to arrive 15 minutes late in this world than 15 minutes early in the next!’

Do sign writers spend hours thinking up these wonderful sayings? How about the brilliant play on words, ‘Mind your brakes or break your mind’ and the very catchy ‘Don’t dream or you will scream’. Indian road signs are an endless source of fascination to foreigners.

We are not really sure whether they are deliberately funny or are written and designed in some workshop by deadpan workers and bosses who fail to see the wit in their work. But, through the wit, a serious point is being made — signs like ‘Donate your blood at the blood bank, not on the highway’ can provide a stark reminder that India doesn’t have the best road safety record in the world. I’ve been on more than a few bus rides with first time visitors to India who see the signs, experience the driving, view the mangled trucks by the side of the road and they look to me and ask if it’s safe to travel by bus in India.
The klaxon may be a constant deafening sound throughout the night, and after 12 hours, you may be forgiven for believing that you have embarked upon the bus ride from hell. But, just when all seems lost, a passing headlight may catch the sign that says, ‘On this corner please get horny’. At that point, a smile will play on the lips and the preceding 12-hour-grind will somehow seem worthwhile.
Source - Deccan Herald.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:44   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Saw this sign outside restaurant "chilis" in hiranandani, powai, just near to my house-
Same board in New Jersey
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-photo-1.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 11:26   #569
BHPian

Caught these this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-dsc00936.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-dsc01327.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 23:35   #570
BHPian

Few Funny signs

got these in a frwd email.. real funny ones..
Attached Thumbnails
How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-clip_image0s1.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-clip_image0ss1.jpg  

How do you stick a bell on a wall? Pics of Quirky signs, captions & boards-clip_image001.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks