Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 20:03   #1
BHPian

Girl run over by a bus in B'lore

Hey guys, if any of you have any news about this, please let me know.

My mom's office colleague's daughter was killed in Bangalore on Friday evening/night. She was travelling in her Activa(with a helmet on) and was supposedly run over by a bus. I guess was was killed on the spot. Unfortunately we were in Pune at that time and we just got back. So no news from papers as yet. Gotta go meet them and find out what happened.

The girl was a very sweet girl, and was doing her Bcom in Bangalore itself. Its such a tragic loss of someone so active, friendly and helpful. May her soul rest in peace and peace be with all her near and dear ones. Amen.
Old 29th October 2007, 20:12   #2
BHPian

2 die as bus runs amok-Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India

may her soul rest in peace!
Old 29th October 2007, 20:32   #3
BHPian

the bus that hit the girls is my college bus.

it came in the papers but in papers it says the bus drive lost control because of a bmtc bus but actually heard from my classmates that there was no bmtc bus but actually the drive lost control (not sure to what extent its true).

from what i heard last the bus driver and cleaner are behind bars and 5 people are injured and two dead including the girl and a milkman.
Old 29th October 2007, 20:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah read about it in the newapaper on friday/saturday.

There was another case of a BMTC bus killing a biker this morning in Malleshwaram.
Old 29th October 2007, 21:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Jeez!! Thats really disturbing.
May her soul rest in peace.
I hope these culprits are taken to task,and dealt with severely.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Let alone driver awareness, To what extent are the archaic technologies in our Buses are responsible for the accidents and losses involving them?
Old 29th October 2007, 22:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I hope these culprits are taken to task,and dealt with severely.
Today i would have become one of those culprits, by running over a girl in school uniform, running across the ORR like crazy. My day was saved by new brake pads which did their job effectively...
Old 29th October 2007, 22:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Today i would have become one of those culprits, by running over a girl in school uniform, running across the ORR like crazy. My day was saved by new brake pads which did their job effectively...
Oh no! Thank God you were able to stop in time.
I guess not everyone is as luckly.And to top it off, a chunk of vehicles run on worn out brake pads,coupled with morons who have no clue how to control the vehicle.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Let alone driver awareness, To what extent are the archaic technologies in our Buses are responsible for the accidents and losses involving them?
Absolutely right 1110D. Some of our buses have such strange seating positions that the drivers have to lean forward & practically move around in their seats to access the brakes & their clutch. There is absolutely no concern for the drivers, not that i am blaming this unfortunate incident on the system, but this has to be taken care of too, before we accuse the drivers.

really sorry for the girl & her parents. as a parent myself, i can feel for them. it is the worst thing that you can experience as a parent.
Old 29th October 2007, 23:01   #10
BHPian

Wonder whats happening to these bus drivers, first we had the blue lines, then the BEST and now this. Sad to see someone so young dying for no fault of hers. May her Soul rest in Peace.
Old 30th October 2007, 00:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

I saw this in the news today. Very saddening indeed.

E_L, while I agree with you, I also think these BMTC/State transport bus drivers drive horribly. If you look at them take a turn, you'll know that they give a damn to anyone on the road. Especially in crowded areas, they dodge without honking. And I'm not started with their over speeding and bad driving in small roads.

Whoever is at fault, should face the punishment.

May her soul rest in peace and may her family be blessed with strength and courage.
Old 30th October 2007, 08:26   #12
BHPian

bah... pathetic incident. Feel so sorry for the kid. I dunno how my mom is going to go and face her parents. The kid was a part of one of the troupes at rangashankara and just last week her team had a show/performance there.

These maniacs on the road have to be controlled somehow. At first I thought she would have met with an accident while riding, but as it turns out she was on the other side of the road and was killed for no fault of hers. Who would expect a bus to come barreling across the divider. There would be no chance to take any sort of evasive maneuver.
Old 30th October 2007, 09:23   #13
BHPian

I am in loss of Words completely.
May her sould rest in peace & GOD give the girl's family the strength to deal with this tragic incident.
AMEN
Old 30th October 2007, 10:19   #14
BANNED

More BMTC news:
A head constable at Bangalore Rural district SP office, was killed on the spot when he was knocked down by a BMTC bus in Sadashivanagar police limits on Monday morning.
Deccan Herald - 5 killed in mishaps
Old 30th October 2007, 10:26   #15
BHPian

The BMTC buses and private buses in Bangalore are becoming as bad as the Blue lines in Delhi!

Jeez... So sad this is.

May her soul RIP. Amen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks