Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I ran into 3-4 goats/kids/lambs.... It was all over in a coupla seconds, however I remember most of it as if it were happening in slow motion.

In a span 3-4 seconds this is what happened

Tires screeching... Loud Thuds on the front... one goat thrown to my right... sound of bones cracking under us... thoughts going through my mind that I was glad I did not flick the steering at that speed in a reflex reaction.... Thoughts of the damages to the Baleno these freken_good_for_nothing_but_lambchops have caused. :(... Thoughts of my family in the car and that I need to GET THE HELL OUTTAAA THERE.
well we all know that you could not have done much than run from there for your own safety, but you should have spared us the gory details like cracking bones etc.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

I felt sorry for those goats, but you could do nothing in such a situation. Not a wise thing to stop. But it would have been better if you included a sorry pic for the goats

Quote:
It then got better as a 4 lane highway and the wide divider in the center. The type with plants growing and you cannot see the other side if anyone or anything is trying to dart across.

On SH17 before Ranganathittu a Scorpio overtakes me and we were at the same pace for over 10km. We maintain good distance. On one section of the open road the road goes downhill and as I go downhill at about 90kmph... as soon as the Black Scorpio passes a point a herd of little brown cute little goats trot along right in front of me with their more cute looking kids following them. There were about 15-20 goats of all colors and sizes.

You in the right or left lane of the road? are these goats walking in the roads or trying to cross it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

A herd of goats is not small enough to be overseen, that too under clear sunlight on a straight line road.
Quote:
On one section of the open road the road goes downhill and as I go downhill at about 90kmph...

Last edited by Surprise : 15th November 2007 at 11:35.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:00   #18
BHPian

One badly designed road- pain for drivers as well as villagers. Never take a leap of faith on this road (rather any road in India).
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
If he cannot, the TBHpian will get a lesson from us for sure
Damage is done to both sides, let's acknowledge that.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aah so you were ripping thru Coorg when Speedzak spotted you and called me to find out whoz Baleno it was.

Man you should have stopped over , collected the dead/injured goat and arranged for a t-bhp mutton kurma/chops meet at your place .

Jokes apart , good that you dint stop and try being a good Samaritan.

One word of advice, get some better/wider rubber for the car 1st.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Hmmm... thinking about what your baleno would have suffered while hearing the crunch and grind of bones under you sure needs some iron heart. no offence, but my heart goes out to the animals rather than to a car.

anyway, i know precious little can be done in such a situation and it could happen with anyone. bad luck. i hope the goats died a quick death and that your car recuperates as soon as possible.

second that - very well put
Old 15th November 2007, 12:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I'm thinking better rubber would have ensured those goats reached Bangalore, and my empty plate. So buy nice tyres and make sure I get my quota of lamb burgers!

Mutton fry? Yum!

they still will reach ur plate - watch out for bits of rubber in that mutton fry
Old 15th November 2007, 13:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Been there,done that.
Technical term is Roadkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie
46k bill.
Main damages:
Front Bonnet bent (dead center edge)
Front Bumper (smashed, cracked, hanging)
Grill
AC Condenser (Bent), (Fan Broken), assembly et all
*cough* SGP !
Old 15th November 2007, 14:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie
46k bill.
Main damages:
Front Bonnet bent (dead center edge)
Front Bumper (smashed, cracked, hanging)
Grill
AC Condenser (Bent), (Fan Broken), assembly et all
goes to show, never crash a maruti head on, all the expensive stuff is laid out there.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:24   #24
BHPian

I don't know if the situation is so funny that it tickles a few people to excessive amusement.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
yeah???
can you please quote the section so the next time i'll be sure to let them pass.
what can one do when the speedo is at 90? break hard and kill people on board?

this has to happen when V6 engines and cattle live side-by-side in our country.
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988
when you hit a horse, cattle, goat, sheep etc., you should stop and give your name and address to the owner of the goat if the owner of the goat is willing to give his name and address to you.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:56   #26

Thats a pretty bad thing to happen on a holiday... both to the car and the goats... Anyways I was in Coorg too last weekend and we came across a huge tusker near Nagarhole park.He was almost getting on the road when I luckily passed thru.Heart wanted to stop and see what the tusker's plan was but head made me stamp the accelarator hard....
Old 15th November 2007, 16:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988
when you hit a horse, cattle, goat, sheep etc., you should stop and give your name and address to the owner of the goat if the owner of the goat is willing to give his name and address to you.
Once that is done, shake hands, pretend nothing has happened, and rejoice over the fact that you now have a new pen-friend.

As for those who blame the car driver, maybe you need to think over the facts again, this time putting your car and yourself in the respective places. What would you have done? Made a new pen-friend as mentioned above, or carried on with life?
Old 15th November 2007, 16:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988
The British do have a good sense of humour.. No credit goes to the Indian babu who must have copied the MV act word for word .
Old 15th November 2007, 16:56   #29
BHPian

in such incidents, its better we screw the IMV acts... other wise some one would be reading the IPC sections..Frankly thats a horrible incident when you are with family.. hope you and family forget that incident soon.
The animal lover iam my heart goes out to the lambs, goats..
But it is shocking to think what would have happened if lambs, goats were kids and people..i shudder even thinking about it. Mysore road on some stretches is trecherous esp maddur to mysore as there are numerous small villages either side better reduce speeds and be extra careful.
Old 15th November 2007, 17:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
in such incidents, its better we screw the IMV acts... other wise some one would be reading the IPC sections..Frankly thats a horrible incident when you are with family.. hope you and family forget that incident soon.
The animal lover iam my heart goes out to the lambs, goats..
But it is shocking to think what would have happened if lambs, goats were kids and people..i shudder even thinking about it. Mysore road on some stretches is trecherous esp maddur to mysore as there are numerous small villages either side better reduce speeds and be extra careful.

What if they were people? Finally animals or humans, they are all living beings, whose lives are lost. I am sorry to know that there is a Rs 46K damage, but frankly tell me something, when iron wolf was passing the scorpio @90kmph did the goats cross from the scorpio side (left side of the road), or the median side of the road? If from left side, then iron wold wuld have seen them before overtaking the scorpio, median side, then its completely the goat owner's fault

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks