Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 17:15   #31
BANNED

Ah! It's really bad. A bad way to return from a holiday trip.
Hope those unlucky goats would've ended up as nice mutton chops in some lucky soul's plates. (what else would be done?)

So, it was you? Baleno with stock wheels etc.. sporting a Rudra sticker behind? I was curious to find out who, but the Bangalore boys are no good with remembering fellow BHPians' cars!
Old 15th November 2007, 17:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The Bangalore boys are no good with remembering fellow BHPians' cars!
Zak he has only made it to one meet till today. We have quite a few baleno's(silky silver) in town now .
Old 15th November 2007, 17:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
no offence, but my heart goes out to the animals rather than to a car.

Anyway, i know precious little can be done in such a situation and it could happen with anyone. bad luck. i hope the goats died a quick death and that your car recuperates as soon as possible.
None take Skandy, even I love animals... (Burp!!!)
Sadly none of them died on the spot. all got up tried to walk and were stumbling. They would have suffered a bit .. and the goat lady would have taken them to the mutton shop that evening for sale for sure.

So v1p3r if you were near Ranganatthitu you could have had them for dinner on sunday anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
My heart goes out to the goats or kids that were caught in your car, but there is very little you could have done. There is one thing though, you can stay away from lamb chops for a year.
Muahaha.. Its call gosht revenge. I had mutton that very night. I plan to have it every weekend in some form or the other till I am sick of mutton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
yeah???
can you please quote the section so the next time i'll be sure to let them pass.
what can one do when the speedo is at 90? break hard and kill people on board?

this has to happen when V6 engines and cattle live side-by-side in our country.
gbp, I am actually sure there is some Moronic law out there that protects livestock and herdsmen. Which is why I did not stop to find out.

I just cut my losses by opening up my throttle a weeee bit .

More replies tonight.. also WIP pics to be updated. bonnet tinkering done.
Old 15th November 2007, 18:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988
when you hit a horse, cattle, goat, sheep etc., you should stop and give your name and address to the owner of the goat if the owner of the goat is willing to give his name and address to you.
Crap I think I just peed a wee bit in my pants laughing at this ....

I knew something like this would exist... Just did not know that is also suggested that I network with the Goat owner and keep in touch with him.
Mods you need to allow me to put another 6-7 of these
Old 16th November 2007, 09:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988
when you hit a horse, cattle, goat, sheep etc., you should stop and give your name and address to the owner of the goat if the owner of the goat is willing to give his name and address to you.
the law quotes a very kind gesture indeed.
but, sounds like this was written before fropper or friendfinder got online!!!

i might as well go ahead and fix up a wedding between our families.

thansk tsk,... now let me keep off cattle,... i mean keep atleast my car off the cattle.
Old 16th November 2007, 11:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good that you didnt stop...coz i have a friend who tells me that there are some villages near mysore where people actually make their chicken jump on the road to claim compensation.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
coz i have a friend who tells me that there are some villages near mysore where people actually make their chicken jump on the road to claim compensation.
Thats really absurd . How do the villagers catch the one who kills their chicken?

May be like this- Once a chick is ran over by a motorist who doesn't know about the sinister plan of the villagers, the lead villager radios their HQ. They have Crown Victorias standing by 24x7 on the next corner. Once the chase begins, there is no escape for the "chicken killer" motorist.

Or the villagers employ "Recovery agents"?
Old 16th November 2007, 14:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good that you didnt stop...coz i have a friend who tells me that there are some villages near mysore where people actually make their chicken jump on the road to claim compensation.
I would be really interested to know the method of stopping the motorist and claim/extract the money ?

Abhi
Old 16th November 2007, 14:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I too feel like skandy.

A herd of goats is not small enough to be overseen, that too under clear sunlight on a straight line road. But I also understand that its dangerous to stop from those speeds.

You also lost your number plate there which can be rebuilt from the broken pieces and if the herdsman files a police report, its a hit-n-run.
Dadu... I actually kinda pride myself in foreseeing such things on the road. I always keep an eye on even the other side of the road on such highways... The problem here if you read my post was that the plants in the middle of the highway was bocking my view, which is why it was a complete surprise.

Also good catch there ... I did not mention it but yes they do have bits of my front Number plate. So far so good. no farmers at my doorstep with goat carcasses demanding payment. Phew !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, stopping would have put you into lots of trouble. Suddenly those goats would have commanded astronomical price considering you would have been the sole and compulsory buyer. The police will completely take the farmer's cause and will swindle you to the sky, it doesn't matter that the farmer was wrong in driving the goats into the roads. Police themselves don't know the rules or don't care about it.

Now let's just hope there are no Team-BHPians who are kin to this farmer whose goats you slaughtered.
I know Samurai. The cops will only side the local farmer and I would be paying ridiculous prices for the goats. (Which they would not have given me in any case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
See it was an accident, they were but animals. The owner should have been more responsible.

Whether they deserved to go down that way or go down v1p3rs mouth is a tough one.

Ironwolf, stopping to help and being a good Samaritan is no use in our country, Iv tried and been at the receiving end at things.
s0ljah if this was in the US or Europe, the herdsman/farmer is not only responsible, but I could have sued him for economic damages as well as non-economic (emotional) damages for reckless endangerment...(add a whole lot of legal jargon here..)

Also I thought there would be mixed responses of

"You should have stopped" / "Good you did not stop"

Thanks for understanding guys !!!
Old 16th November 2007, 14:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And how much would they be asking for a chick ? I would ask them to fry it while i have a beer in their village, before i pay up.
Old 16th November 2007, 14:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I felt sorry for those goats, but you could do nothing in such a situation. Not a wise thing to stop. But it would have been better if you included a sorry pic for the goats

You in the right or left lane of the road? are these goats walking in the roads or trying to cross it?
Hahahah.. after running over a few goats would you go back for pics? I would not. I hit the pedal to the metal to get my bum out of there.

I was on the right lane. They were not on the road when the scorpio passed, the came on to our side of the road once he passed from the oncoming lane. They were crossing the road as this woman was chasing them with a stick. I moved towards the center of the road to try and avoid most of them as they were clearing with the honking and screeching. Others in the car saw the woman after we passed not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Aah so you were ripping thru Coorg when Speedzak spotted you and called me to find out whoz Baleno it was.

Man you should have stopped over , collected the dead/injured goat and arranged for a t-bhp mutton kurma/chops meet at your place .

Jokes apart , good that you dint stop and try being a good Samaritan.

One word of advice, get some better/wider rubber for the car 1st.
Man if I went back for the dead goats I would have been chopped.
Yupp. it was me.. Boy those Coorg roads were super fun.

v1p3r and rj - I completely agree to new rubbers. I agreed long time back.. just that finances does not permit it yet. More on that later........

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ah! It's really bad. A bad way to return from a holiday trip.
Hope those unlucky goats would've ended up as nice mutton chops in some lucky soul's plates. (what else would be done?)

So, it was you? Baleno with stock wheels etc.. sporting a Rudra sticker behind? I was curious to find out who, but the Bangalore boys are no good with remembering fellow BHPians' cars!
Heehe Guilty as charged. which part of coorg did you see me?

Were you in your Qualis or Swift? I think I did see a red swift once...
On a 25km run we passed just about 8-9 vehicles.

Tell these guys how awesome the roads there are.
Old 25th November 2007, 23:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

The cars is back from the shop. REady to run over more livestock

46k Estimate for Insurance >

Things like AC condenser really did not need to be changed so phew.. 27k final bill

Also since front grill is 7.5k . I said I would rather get my own custom grill done.

Also need to get some good tires to try and avoid such livestock massacres in the future.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey IronWolf, Nice to see the car back in shape...

and yes, you should doing away with those stock rubbers, baleno badly needs 195s...You will feel the difference then

Abhi
Old 26th November 2007, 10:22   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Bad idea. Esp without a pilot vehicle. Just dont get caught - else they'll make mincemeat of you.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Good to see your car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
There we have it folks, our own Team-BHP butcher.

Try getting a trolley attached to your car to carry all the roadkill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks