Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2007, 21:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflanker View Post
IF they bitch , let them bitch. Dont get away with "chalta hai" mentality.
I would recommend that you do not try this in Delhi. It could and would lead to road rage and you would become just another statistic of this great capital of ours!
Discretion is the better part ....
Old 24th November 2007, 21:39   #32

I know i dont have any contacts but does it means that only people who knows cops and politicians can get justice.
If this is the case, then its so crazy...
Lets see what happens, could not meet my lawyer today...
but i beleive something fruitfull will come out..
Old 24th November 2007, 23:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Very true. Most of the people who break rules are already mentally ready for some confrontation and generally have plenty of experience from the past. Trying to put some sense into these morons is simply a sureshot way to increase our own blood pressure! When the protectors of the law generally don't give a damn, there is very little one can do - unless you have access to a police officer or a politician.
Old 24th November 2007, 23:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, it's so nice to see the people here cowering down saying nothing can be done. And exactly because of this mindset of so many people others(say politicos/police/goondas or whoever) are able to keep on screwing your lives.All such people can do is to sit back at home and crib.
That guy got hit by someone and he wants to drag the offender to the court and what's wrong with that?Let him fight his case and if you can't help him then don't also discourage him please.

Yes I also know,that life is tough out here but why should we not stand up and do something when we are right?why?No I'm not telling to take law in hand or something but within law if someone wants to do something then let him do it.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:12   #35
BHPian

Simply go and meet the Police commisioner with your FIR and let him know what has happend. The things will start moving and the cops will act. I went through the same nightmare around 4 years back, but once I escalted the issue, things moved faster than what I had expected and the agressor was made pay all my damage ( No isurance claim, as insurance was lapsed) and fined. I am sure he learnt his lesson.

regards,
-manju
Old 26th November 2007, 11:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Lets not be too cynical about the law and judiciary. We are not living in some banana republic and that shows that a lot of things are working.
Is there anything more the cops could have done if the law itself has been followed here ?
Old 26th November 2007, 12:00   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Lets not be too cynical about the law and judiciary. We are not living in some banana republic and that shows that a lot of things are working.
Is there anything more the cops could have done if the law itself has been followed here ?
Huh? This guy should have paid for repairs. OTOH the poor OP had to bribe the cops to get his car back. And then you say its not a Banana Republic
Andheri nagri Chaupat raja; takeh ser bhaji, takeh ser khaja

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks