Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sateesh, what exactly were the extent of damages?
Approximately:

Rear bumper: 7500 = parts+paint+labor
Tail light: 2000 = parts+labor
Metal between rear door and lamp: 15000 = parts+paint+labor
Small metal piece beneath the lamp: 2000 = parts+paint+labor
Bulb, electricals repair etc all inclusive approximate estimation 30k.

Waiting for the final estimates.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:51   #17
BHPian

Updates: The car was back in 12 days time with a bill of 22K. We were supposed to pay up Rs.5700 of which we got Rs.5000 from the OM Shakti travel guys.

It was a bit tough to get them pay up as even after the vehicle was ready they dragged for 3 days. After some words exchange and involving the police inspector again they paid up Rs.5000. Though they were complaining that I gave some scolding and as if they were nice guys. Who cares? Job done! :-)
Old 28th January 2008, 17:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Landcruiser, that is a happy ending. Looks like influence is the only thing that works in India.

I can understand the fleet company refusing to pay the damages, but the behaviour of the cops is unforgiveable. They seem to exist only to serve the folks who pay.

Wonder when these folks will wake up and realize that their actions cause people to loathe them. All these negative vibes will surely impact them sooner or later.
Old 28th January 2008, 17:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Updates: The car was back in 12 days time with a bill of 22K. We were supposed to pay up Rs.5700 of which we got Rs.5000 from the OM Shakti travel guys.

It was a bit tough to get them pay up as even after the vehicle was ready they dragged for 3 days. After some words exchange and involving the police inspector again they paid up Rs.5000. Though they were complaining that I gave some scolding and as if they were nice guys. Who cares? Job done! :-)
good LC... you got those guys to pay up. This happens only to a lucky few and you are one of them!

If only we were so lucky here in Bangalore!
Old 28th January 2008, 22:09   #20
BHPian

OST Sucks !

I saw this thread very late. I have been having several run-ins with vehicles of OST Travels on OMR and within the city. I have been noticing the vehicles more and more after I (my siwft actually) got hit from the rear by a OST bus on OMR. The bugger actuall has the gall to tell me to move my car after he hit me and then runs away by driving over a median on OMR !!! I called up the travels number but it wasnt of much use as they had a thug-type sounding person they called their "Director" talk to me. I gave up pursuing this since there wasnt any visible damage to the car - just that it rattles in certain RPM. :-(.

FYI: OST has a big contract for Tata consultancy Services. Only some busues have the OST Travels Name and number most of the others have the name removed.

A family friend had involved the police due to OST travels parking their buses in his colony and blocking his house gate for months and inspite of repeated warnings to them.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

LC, good that you were able to extract money from them.
However, i dont think they would learn anything from the incident.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:22   #22
BHPian

Benny, they will never that is for sure. These thugs are grown to such levels owing to the growth of the IT companies. IT companies need transport and they have to make some one grow that big to support their operations.

These OST guys run several buses for my company and I have heard numerous issues and scary experiences from fellow employees. They have seen the money and they have innumerable illiterate guys employed for them and they wont bother anything about going to police and all that. Whereas we cant fight these guys much as it is going to take a toll on our lives in all possible ways. Law and Order has to be ensured by the police and they also side with such hooligans only.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Law and Order has to be ensured by the police and they also side with such hooligans only.
After all, they get their income from those quarters as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks