Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Guys, we are suggesting what we are suggesting to him for his own safety only. I remember reading an assessment of his driving style from a friend of his on the forum in the last thread he started about his Alto which he had banged & was getting repainted. IIRC this is the 3rd or maybe more time that he's had an accident in recent memory, that is why we're telling him to either seriously reconsider how he drives or hire a driver.
its the third time time in last 1 year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
It is understood raghava. Everyone here wants the other to be safe and sound.

But, I just realised that this manik is the same manik @ "My little Alto got rear ended by a Bullet"!

I guess this is just Manik's style!
yup the same manik

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Looking at Manikjeet's profile, I observe two facts: He is aged 20 and secondly, drives the following cars: innova, ohc, alto and zen.
My sincere advice to Manikjeet is that if he is constantly switching cars, then he should make 100% sure that he is fully adjusted to the car that he is currently driving before pushing that car. And of course, as others said. concentrate and pay attention to the principles of safe driving, which could also vary from car to car.
i very well adjusted to the innova i mostly drive innova on my highway trips i drive the alto when i am in the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolg View Post
Mate you should stop driving or alter your driving style. Dont push your luck,it can backfire. I have seen your alto being repaired and after seeing that one can say, it had been seriously abused.
You could land yourself in serious trouble one day. You should also get your janampatri checked.
Cheers
i am seriously thinking about it

Last edited by manikjeet : 2nd January 2008 at 22:38.
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

the projectors cost about 22k. Viper can get them.
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

preaching again.

all I can say is keep ur seat belts fastened, follow traffic rules and try to keep a distance of 1 car (your's) per 15 km/hr of speed.

and for a week or so, drive relaxed, let others overtake you and still not get excited (it's not a competition, and even if it was, try to be a baazigar, haar kar bhi jeetne waala), keep your engine below 2K RPM, anticipate braking and slow down well in advance, accelerate at realistic rates.

you will probably see lower fuel consumption, may be 5 mins more per commute, but increased safety. who knows you may permanently change your driving style.

and if you are already doing so, ignore this post cheers:
I have realised in last month india trip that i am not suited for indian driving anymore. the 'right of way' has a totally different meaning there.
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:50   #34
BHPian

my two cents of advise

Sorry to hear about what happened. It could have been unfortunate event or Driver error similar to Pilot error.

In any case I just looked at your profile and you are too young and you blood is very hot compared to a old guy like me at 35 years old.

When I was young around 22years I used to get at least 2 to 3 speeding tickets a year. I used to think at that time I was unlucky but now I realize it is not that it was my poor judgment and recklessness because I did not have any responsibilities and my mind has not matured that much.

The judgment factor improves as you grow older.

Here is what I say: At the age of 20 you are able to own and drive these nice cars and you should appreciate that fact and the luxury you have been given and enjoy the life responsibly because not many people are that fortunate.

Do the Safe driving and please do not make your Dad regret for buying these powerful cars for you.
Old 3rd January 2008, 10:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the projectors cost about 22k. Viper can get them.
22k is a little steep

the oem lamp cost around 2,582 without taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
and if you are already doing so, ignore this post cheers:
i was slowed down, but now and then i get tempted to drive fast

trying to control myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
When I was young around 22years I used to get at least 2 to 3 speeding tickets a year. I used to think at that time I was unlucky but now I realize it is not that it was my poor judgment and recklessness because I did not have any responsibilities and my mind has not matured that much.

The judgment factor improves as you grow older.

Here is what I say: At the age of 20 you are able to own and drive these nice cars and you should appreciate that fact and the luxury you have been given and enjoy the life responsibly because not many people are that fortunate.

Do the Safe driving and please do not make your Dad regret for buying these powerful cars for you.
i am much the same have got arund 4 speeding ticket since i got my DL

and now i am starting to drive carefully
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE gave my car for repars yesterday

yesterday morning i gave my car to the dealer (pioneer toyota)

i will be claiming insurance for the repairing of the car as the estimate which is given to me is near the 90k mark without including taxes

heres a break up of what needs to be replaced
  1. front bumper rs3,577
  2. radiator grille rs587
  3. rh headlamp rs2,582
  4. ld heaplamp rs2,582
  5. radiator support rs 12,658
  6. supprt hood lock rs 438
  7. radiator assy. rs5913
  8. condeser assy. rs9447
  9. fan rs2663
  10. shroud fan rs380
  11. reserve tank rs5809
  12. hood s/a rs5247
  13. moulding hood rs2018
  14. rear bumper rs 2502
  15. tail lamp rs 1427
  16. cleaner air rs 3,769
  17. louv cw/top vntlr lh rs 821
total rs 62600

+ labour and paint which is costing rs22000
+ a/c gas rs 1400

the grand total is 86000 withot taxes and i have been told the cost will go beyond 1lc when the car ready

Old 3rd January 2008, 14:15   #37
BANNED

As for a safe driving diatance, I recall as a student in the UK the thumb rule was 2 seconds. The aide memoire was to slowly say "Only Fools Break the 2 seconds rule" when the car in front crossed some marker and see whether you were before or after the marker after completion of the phrase.
Old 21st January 2008, 23:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Gadi shadi theek ho gayi ???

Aur logan / golden wali NHC theek hai ? I mean they are still blessed or not ? or have u un-virginized them too ?

Last edited by abhibh : 21st January 2008 at 23:54.
Old 22nd January 2008, 00:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

After looking at the pics again I'm wondering why is the condenser being changed for??
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Gadi shadi theek ho gayi ???

Aur logan / golden wali NHC theek hai ? I mean they are still blessed or not ? or have u un-virginized them too ?
yes bro told you gadi shadi is with me only and running great

and me taking good care of the logan and the golden wali nhc and they are still virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
After looking at the pics again I'm wondering why is the condenser being changed for??
it was written in the estimate but not changed

they were only guessing it to be broken

And the car is of the lot which is recalled by toyota

will update on that also
Old 31st January 2008, 11:00   #41
BHPian

WOW. I guess we will not see you soon m8. The way you drive will get you killed.

I had come to Kufri by road all the way. I can only say one thing about North India drivers. They accelarate and brake like there is no tomorrow. I had many guys braking in my face so they could slow me down. I hated it.

I have advice m8. Never go to Shimla and if you do, one of these days we will read RIP MANIK NANDA. I am also 23 so I know how you feel as I am very quick too.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
And the car is of the lot which is recalled by toyota

will update on that also
Hi Manik, how was the paint job, what was your final bill and how much did the insurance company pay. is the Innova clean and spotless now,

what about the recall, is this from the lot that smokes and needs re-mapping of ECU?
Old 10th December 2008, 13:37   #43
BANNED

This is a common problem with Innova's, I had also pointed out in some other thread too. Though a lot depends on driving styles too, but Innova is prone to wheel lock ups/skids.
My Innova also underwent a similar crash & repairs cost ~ 1L.
Btw, which is the model of your car- G/V?
Old 10th December 2008, 20:13   #44
BHPian

I have a G-3, we wanted bench seats in middle so that the kids can sleep, they did not have it the in the V

had to trade off with the ABS and AirBag, rest of the V trimmings, I am working on it and will have every thing as V or better, I like to keep it like stock
Old 10th December 2008, 20:19   #45
BHPian

bhp1 - btw, your crash remids me of a friends innova, his driver hit a street light pole right in the centre of the road and bought the pole down.

it was a frontal impact with the busted radiator and even the engine case was damaged.

they had to pay up around 1lakh, covered by insurance, which they did and sold the vehicle off and bought a new Innova

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks