Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 22:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The roving eye of a Red Speed camera will grab an image of the vehicle’s registration number.
Some vehicles have fancy number plates with small lettering and stickers all over / plates with numbers faded off due to rains etc. I wonder how they will manage to challan them.

Quote:
On a lighter note, can you test the same on the other 4 junctions too, just to be sure.
Great idea. Riju, please do the honours.
Old 10th January 2008, 22:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Some vehicles have fancy number plates with small lettering and stickers all over / plates with numbers faded off due to rains etc. I wonder how they will manage to challan them.
took this pic last month, it did have the number at a sticker at the bumper, but the man loves his 'FIESTA' i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
All you dude's like I said earlier it was at 11pm and there was hardly any traffic. I never endangered any lives or never risked anything.
I thought high speed/rash driving and accidents were more prominent at night. anyway, I am sure u knew what u were doing.
Old 10th January 2008, 23:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

well the cops here in Hyd too tried this method but the traffic constables noted the vehicle numbers instead of cameras but dint workout at all!
this particularly happened this way, a friend of mine changed his address and the letter from ended in the old address, and hence fine was not paid,however he had to clear the dues at the time of selling the vehicle!, which were actually more as the guy dint make it a point to change the address in the RTA!
so the effects might not be instant but can cause trouble later on to the offender!
Old 11th January 2008, 12:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

The london congestion charge works in a similar fashion taking pictures and sending the toll fee to the relevant owners who entered the congestion zone.

The system is run on a generally automatic basis using CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition and I had read that the software for the same was developed by an Indian company.

These cameras with the motive of collection of fine's can work in bangalore, if administered properly.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:06   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The london congestion charge works in a similar fashion taking pictures and sending the toll fee to the relevant owners who entered the congestion zone.

Until cops come out with proper standardised number plates, those machines wll not be able to reach the various vague fonts, the number plates on a postage stamp.

The other problem is that number plates can be cloned. So if I find another black octy, make and slap the plates on, and offent away.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:15   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OK I took the plunge today,was on my way back home and deliberately jumped the signal at Sadashiv Nagar,the camera flashed twice. This happened at around 11pm.
Am waiting for the outcome and hoping to see a challan at my door in the next few days.
So now we would actually know how effective this is. Riju, the RTO under which your car is registered, is it computerized? Any idea?
Old 11th January 2008, 13:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys , last night I stopped at the signal around 11pm.The signal was open to the traffic on the opposite side. Two cabs jumped the signal and so did a Hoysala patrol jeep, surprisingly the camera dint flash.

Lets see now how well this system works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So now we would actually know how effective this is. Riju, the RTO under which your car is registered, is it computerized? Any idea?
My car is registered under the Yeshwanthpur RTO and yes its computerized. I don't mind paying the fine as long as the system is effective and puts all the imbeciles into place.

Am with the cops if they start imposing hefty fines on the law-breakers, using this system. Good luck bangy cops.
Old 11th January 2008, 23:10   #53
BANNED

Quote:
.... I had read that the software for the same was developed by an Indian company.
Based in Bangalore, by any chance?
Old 11th January 2008, 23:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys , last night I stopped at the signal around 11pm.The signal was open to the traffic on the opposite side. Two cabs jumped the signal and so did a Hoysala patrol jeep, surprisingly the camera dint flash.
Hoysala Patrol Jeep jumping the signal is a good excuse Riju to cover your folly

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th February 2016 at 12:32. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 12th January 2008, 00:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Hoysala Patrol Jeep jumping the signal is a good excuse Riju to cover your folly
LOL dude , I accepted what I did and the reason behind it. So its nothing like a cover up act, infact on my way back home now I saw a traffic cops jeep accompanying a politicians car driving in the wrong direction bang opp Golf club.
Old 12th January 2008, 10:08   #56
Team-BHP Support

Why is everyone so concerned when someone has broken a signal making sure he is doing safely just for checking if the camera works. I don't get it.

I am sure everyone here has also done it even if it is at 2 - 3am. Has anyone stopped at the GPO signal near vidhan soudha at 2am when the signal is red?? I am sure even the most responsible driver will look around before going past it. If you do stop in all probability you may get rear ended by a call centre taxi.
Old 12th January 2008, 10:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These cameras with the motive of collection of fine's can work in bangalore, if administered properly.
Mayo hall wont suffice in this case. They will need to build a sessions court/administrative office at each RTO which will ease things up a bit. It will be interesting to see how they are going to collect fines.

Anyway its a good step. Dont know if its the right directions though

@Maverick, how is RJStyles covering anything up??
Old 18th March 2014, 13:03   #58
Team-BHP Support

Re: Traffic Enforcement/Red Cameras in Bangalore

I noticed police interceptors now focussing on the private roads between the trumpet flyover and the airport. The interceptor stands at the second roundabout targeting traffic coming into the airport
Old 18th March 2014, 13:20   #59
Team-BHP Support

Re: Traffic Enforcement/Red Cameras in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I noticed police interceptors now focussing on the private roads between the trumpet flyover and the airport. The interceptor stands at the second roundabout targeting traffic coming into the airport
The limit on that private road is posted at 60kmph. That's easy money for the guys as you can comfortably do triple digits after the trumpet turning.
Old 16th February 2016, 00:02   #60
BHPian

CCTV's now capture Traffic Offenders.

A friend of mine recently warned me regarding traffic rule violations.

He was sent a picture of his driver talking on the phone while driving his car along with a ₹100 fine.

This incident was in Vadodara, so I'm positive it's operational in the larger cities and Metro's

Take care guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic Enforcement/Red Cameras in Bangalore-1455560942047.jpg  

saravcshah is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks