Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 23:41   #16
IMP
BHPian

One more incident of similar nature occurred around 2 days back somewhere in pune, 9 -12 vehicles in one society got broken into, using glass cutters, ICE and other stuff looted, read it in the papers 3 days back.

Well, my cousin got his car back on Friday thats the 25th, so 10 days needed to change one glass, that too after a lot of phone calls and visits to the service center (B.U.Bhandari) The rear glass with defogger was unavailable, they sourced one from the assembly line, this was the reason given by the dealer for the delay, i don't know how true it is. ( and if it is true the some one will very soon buy a brand new fiat palio 1.6 sport sans the rear glass, hehe.)

Total expenses 11,600 Rs. (7.5k for the glass with defogger, 1k for the sealant, rest is labor charges + other charges)
Covered by insurance 10,000 Rs.
Actual Cash paid 1,600 Rs. (all approx values)

rear glass without defogger is around 3k.

@gods-envy: In my case the insurance company paid all charges along with the defogger.

Edit: Guys does anybody know how to clean glass particles from the speakers, we vacuumed away all visible pieces of glass from the speaker after removing the speaker grille, still speakers dont sound healthy, i.e. speakers now shudder/distort due to glass pieces present somewhere, but not visible anywhere.

Last edited by IMP : 30th January 2008 at 23:52.
Old 31st January 2008, 23:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
These incidents also occur with alarming frequency in bangalore.
I have seen a couple of cars being damaged in this way in our street.
i hope we can import those guys from pune to bangalore, form a team, and train them how to smash autorikshaw windscreens in bangalore. the auto wallas deserve nothing less!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks