Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 12:47   #1
IMP
BHPian

Miscreants on a car window smashing frenzy - Palio 1.6 sport.

This is bad, writing with a heavy heart, my cousin's 3 month old Palio 1.6 just got its rear window smashed while it was parked below his apartment at around 4 am today. A total of 12-15 cars damaged, for no reason at all. Miscreants were on a car smashing frenzy, pelting rocks on to car windows.

The only good thing is that nothing got stolen from the car, and no other damages.

My cousin has lodged a complaint with the police, also have informed the insurance company about it. The insurance guy is expected today.

All this, while the police station is a mere 400m away.

How much compensation can be expected from the insurance company? Glass and plastic parts have 50% na?

We stay quite near to each other and i am also now worried about it, such incidences were unheard of in Pune, never in kothrud, the city is changing IMO.

Will post some pics if possible.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is this something to do with the random protest that some nut cases staged becoz their swami or guru got arrested in Mumbai?
Old 15th January 2008, 13:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is high time Govt enforces stringents law against mob frenzy, anyone caught damaging public or private property or endangering lives should be put behind bars atleast for a year!
Old 15th January 2008, 16:31   #4
BHPian

Yes, some kind of control against such behaviour is required. Mobs agitating against something or the other crop up in the news everyother day with innocent bystanders being the main loosers. Mobbing seems to have become the latest trend for people with nothing else to do to spend their time on.
Old 15th January 2008, 19:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> How much compensation can be expected from the insurance company? Glass > and plastic parts have 50% na?

The glass does not have depreciation. Labour is paid in full. Plastic and rubber products have 50% depreciation.
Old 15th January 2008, 21:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

you will get the cost of glass & labour, meaning you might have to shell out anything between 1000-1500 bucks.
Old 15th January 2008, 21:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats insane! Some people sure know how to mess up others lives.

Didn't the apartment complex have a Security service?
Old 15th January 2008, 22:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why people do such acts of violence and become insanely hysterical.
I witnessed one such shocker some time back in Bangalore when a rick guy who was pissed off @ a 4 wheeler, who apparently showed him a bad gesture and so he stalled his auto @ the Ejipura signal stop and started banging the bonnets of the cars stopped @ the signal stop. Later an alert cop took him into custody, but not really sure why it started and what happened later?
Old 15th January 2008, 22:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Windshield broken in Pune at Deccan

I just saw the cracked front windshield of my friend's Wagon R. He stays in my society. This had happened when he had parked his car somewhere in Deccan for half an hour last week. Again in Pune.
Old 15th January 2008, 22:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Pune is supposed to be much more calm city compared to other Metros. If something has gone wrong, they should protest in a civilized manner. No point in protesting like this. Pelting rocks at others property. I think these people might have be motivated by some politician/swamiji and they might have gone on frenzy.
Old 16th January 2008, 16:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

These incidents also occur with alarming frequency in bangalore.
I have seen a couple of cars being damaged in this way in our street.
Old 16th January 2008, 16:50   #12
Team-BHP Support

thats pretty bad incident. glass has zero depreciation and plastic and rubber have 50% depreciation. your cousin will have to pay for policy excess, 50% of rubber and 100% for glue required for setting the glass.
Old 16th January 2008, 17:18   #13
BHPian

Also i think your cousin might have to pay for the Rear defogger in the Palio sport.

A friend of mine whose rear glass was broken, was compensated by the insurance company, but he was asked to shell out about Rs 4000 for the rear defogger alone.

Not sure if they fooled him. :(
Old 17th January 2008, 18:11   #14
BHPian

There is another shocking trend I observed on the highway during my recent trip to Trichy from Bangalore. There were a group of teenagers/youngsters doing close to 120+ on the 4 lane between Hosur and Krishnagiri and were tossing small steel ball bearings at oncoming traffic. At that speed and relative velocity, those bearings were like little bullets. I was at the Reliance Plaza for a coffee, when three cars, 2 Altos and a swift pulled in with damages. One Alto and the swift had cracked windscreens and the other Alto had a couple of neatly punched holes on the driver side fender.

Imagine what could have happened if the driver was hit, driving with the window open.

Rajan
Old 25th January 2008, 02:39   #15
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post

We stay quite near to each other and i am also now worried about it, such incidences were unheard of in Pune, never in kothrud, the city is changing IMO.

Will post some pics if possible.
i worked in kpit in 2003 and cannot imagine this happening in kothrud. It was a perfect middle class locality? whats happend to it?

if this can happen in kothrud, then i wonder which part of pune is now safe?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks