Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 09:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Majority of the people who trong these malls dont shop at all.. they just stand around watching other people stand around
Old 7th February 2008, 09:58   #47
BHPian

Thats a good one BENBSB.
For myself, its only Forum once every two months or so(only on a weekday evening). Why=good book shop (landmark)+Modelart(at least 15 mins. of browsing)+hog some stuff at the foodcourt.
Then, its the torture drive all the way back home to Hebbal.
Old 7th February 2008, 15:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Majority of the people who trong these malls dont shop at all.. they just stand around watching other people stand around
But one way or the other during this process, the counters at the Food court keep ringing in the money.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:01   #49
BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

- check the bill carefully - probability of being billed for more is above 50%. dont believe the price tags put on display and also barcodes.they read differently when billed( went to big bazzar 4 times-billed more or cheated all the 4 times- 100% probability) they have the cheeck to say it old rate even though date shown is current one
Big bazaar's customer experiences need a lot more than a small post in 1 thread...may be a forum in itself...
I am sure everyone of us who has visited big bazaar even once will have a story to tell
Old 7th February 2008, 21:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with Lohith. There are many malls in the city and the traffic situation is pathetic.

Permission for new malls should be given only in outskirts.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Big bazzar old madras road- parking 90% on OMR only. these malls and commercial complexes can block roads like this.no problem. but if a small hawker sells his ware for an hour or two during non peak hours in aretrial roads it is bad and primitive

actually govt is subsidizing these malls by allowing parking of their customers on roads

one note of caution based on personal experinaces in these malls

1.if you can buy the same thing outside especially in neighborhood store buy it there.it is not worth the pain and effort

2.if it a must that one needs to buy in these big malls and complexes

- check the bill carefully - probability of being billed for more is above 50%. dont believe the price tags put on display and also barcodes.they read differently when billed( went to big bazzar 4 times-billed more or cheated all the 4 times- 100% probability) they have the cheeck to say it old rate even though date shown is current one

-most of the time goods sold are of unknown brand quality made specifically for these stores alone and sold at the rate of popular branded product( these are not available out side except in these stores) so there is no chance of comparing the quality

- It is very rare that a popular branded product being sold at a rate less than market rate.very very rare..in my personal experiance i got popular branded products at much less rate from small shop fellows than these malls.

- these malls operate more on human psychology

a) nobody got time to check prices out side especially routine stuff

b) popular belief among educated that technology is fool proof-
true-but the person using tech is not

c) false prestige

d) it is very easy to cheat an educated guy with pomp and show

these are my opinions and not intended to offend anyone
I completely agree. Malls charge a big premium for unbranded stuff compared to small shops, especially the ones in inner roads of Commercial street.

I like Big Bazaar in OMR as they offer good variety in everything from grocery to furniture. I found Staples section last weekend and its great!!

Amongst malls, my favourite is forum because of the ambience, landmark shop and PVR Cinemas. But the crowd of window shoppers is very high during weekends.
Old 8th February 2008, 17:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
OT:I am sure everyone of us who has visited big bazaar even once will have a story to tell
I have a funny one: Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching: modulo 50 customer Oops I'm sorry!
Old 8th February 2008, 22:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Just read in a newspaper - the govt. is planning to develop malls and resorts on land adjoining the Mumbai-Pune expressway !!!!!!!

I won't be shocked now - if 2 wheelers and autos are allowed on the expressway in the near future
Old 8th February 2008, 22:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Exactly how many malls does Bangalore have now?
Navi Mumbai has 35 malls planned in the next 2 years !!!! Yes you read that correct - 35

It is going to a hell hole in a few years from now. guess we will have no option but to go back to using the bi-cycle.
Old 9th February 2008, 09:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Malls have become like a pan-beda shops wherever got some space build one! and it goes the same for the apartments at least in bangalore, every nook and corner one aparment is built..

And once the low priced cars are launched...Chaos to more chaotic:(

lord save this country!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks