Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 08:09   #16
BHPian

Thats a nasty accident. Glad you guys are safe.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

Lambo, thank God you are fine, and the same for your friends.

What i dont understand is, why claim for total loss on the car? I dont think its in that bad a shape. Beats me.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thats a pretty bad crash taken by the accord,happy that you all are fit and fine,came out of the disaster unscratched.Is the accord considered total loss or still its going to be repaired and re-sold???
Old 26th May 2008, 14:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good that you are safe, Lambo.

The car doesn't look like a complete write-off. What all is damaged other than cosmetics? As everyone said, your friend is most likely booked for not maintaining distance.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:36   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
The car is a total write off. My friend says that the engine and chassis and all was damaged.
He is planning on something like a Civic given todays oil prices. Lets see what happens though.
My friend was actually booked for swerving on to the breakdown lane and not about distance. It wasn't that we weren't keeping distance, it was just that he was going to change lanes when this happened. He is a pretty safe driver.
As for keeping stuff in the back, we had no other option. It was the day we were supposed to shift and we had to take all our belongings with us.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lambo, the important part is that everybody is safe and sound... sorry about teh car though ... and do take care
Old 11th June 2008, 11:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

write off... 4-5 lacs and in Whitefield honda or any Indian dealer would love to put that back on roads... Pity that such a less damaged car is going to the crusher!!!
Old 11th June 2008, 11:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
write off... 4-5 lacs and in Whitefield honda or any Indian dealer would love to put that back on roads... Pity that such a less damaged car is going to the crusher!!!
I agree. Well, thats the difference between a developed and developing economy

Jokes apart, the chassis and engine it seems is badly hit. So the crusher has the pleasure of this car
Old 11th June 2008, 11:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Well, thats the difference between a developed and developing economy

My friend's SX4 was so badly damaged but the Insurance guys just did't agree for a write off.
Attached Thumbnails
My First major accident - In the U.S. and I wasn't driving-02102007116.jpg  

Old 11th June 2008, 16:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
My friend's SX4 was so badly damaged but the Insurance guys just did't agree for a write off.
But man is that SX4 a safe car, see the passenger compartment looks completely unscathed

@ lambo why did the SUV in front of you suddenly brake and then why did it swerve into the breakdown lane ?
Old 11th June 2008, 17:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
But man is that SX4 a safe car, see the passenger compartment looks completely unscathed

@ lambo why did the SUV in front of you suddenly brake and then why did it swerve into the breakdown lane ?
He probably was trying to avoid rear ending the guy in front of him.

Nice crumple, probably saved major injury. I think I see the face of Jesus Christ on the bonnet. Could be a sign. A little touch up paint and a new bumper and it will be back on the road.
Old 11th June 2008, 17:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Nah not the crusher... it'll be sold off by the insurance company and some dealer/shop specializing in salvaged cars would bring it back to life.

That SX4 looks fit for the crusher though!
Old 11th June 2008, 20:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
My friend was actually booked for swerving on to the breakdown lane and not about distance. It wasn't that we weren't keeping distance, it was just that he was going to change lanes when this happened. He is a pretty safe driver.
Quite logical. He used the breakdown lane to avoid tailing the SUV in front. If he had tailkissed the SUV, he would have been charged for failure to keep safe distance. The "Breakdown" lane is for emergency/service vehicle use. In this case, this lane was used as an additional lane due to the failure to use the driving lane safely. It gets a little tricky, but atleast this is still better than ramming into the SUV. The fine is a small price to pay in comparison to whatever possibilities incidents like these can invite.

Why did the front - passenger even take off his seatbelts for a moment, even to fetch his lighter?
Old 11th June 2008, 20:40   #29

Glad to know everyone is ok after that accident.

From the pictures provided, it seems to me writing off the vehicle as "totaled" was unreasonable.

I understand if airbags were deployed, fixing those can be quite costly and thus cost more to fix than the actual worth of the car.

However, in this case, none of the airbags have seem to been deployed and the majority of the damages is done to the sides...I was wondering if you were able to start the car after the accident and moved it to the side or whether the car would not start at all?

It may also be worth it to try and defend your argument in court and challenge the ticket presented to your friend. Although lawyer costs may be a few hundred bucks, it may save your friends thousands of dollars in insurance costs since your friend tried not to rear end the car in front of him....

Take care,
-Deziboy
Old 11th June 2008, 22:59   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

@1100D - I have no idea. The front passenger was an Indian and only the driver was an American. From what I have seen is that very few indians understand the concept of the seatbelt and even if they know the purpose, they don't care. that mentality is carried over here as well and even though i have told them to wear it, I cant make them wear it.
I guess it is because of the mentality that he removed his seatbelt. But it was only for a minute and was put back on promptly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks