Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 12:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

Wow the AC and the headlights creamed you here.
How much did insurance give? I think it would be around 60K odd?
Old 28th May 2008, 12:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

These levelling headlights level your wallet as well .. I heard the non-levelling ones are about 2-3k !!
Old 28th May 2008, 13:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wow the AC and the headlights creamed you here.
How much did insurance give? I think it would be around 60K odd?
Perfectly right. It hurt hard. Actually we thought that replacing the condensor assembly was not necessary, but then thought not of taking chance considering the duty car has to perform. All this ended up in a shock and my eyes popped out when I saw the prices.

We have company insurance i.e. the car is registered in name of company and insurance is also handled by them and all is satisfied in dad's salary. The agent gave estimated damage as 75K. Got around 70K eventually and rest is adjusted by salary. Those 70K will come back to us in sort of installaments. But to get the car back, we had to pay through nose ( and wallet became ultra light ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
These levelling headlights level your wallet as well .. I heard the non-levelling ones are about 2-3k !!
Yes absolutely accurate. They levelled wallet. Now we consider taking the car in city twice. Any more brushes and light damage alone would give a shock. We knew that the prices of spares are expensive in this segment car, but never knew that they will be this expensive. For what is the cost of headlamp, the lights are poor. Extremely poor. Expensive headlights must atleast have proper lights. Now after the repairs are carried out, the light/focus/height setting of headlamps have gone absurd. Driving the car at night is impossible. Now we will have to do something about it : Adjust ourselves. Even after adjustment the lights are really insuffecint for a car this capable.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
At this site just before our accident, there were two more crashes and the one just before us had occurred around 10mins earlier. The people just had moved that 800 and Mahindra Jeep, and then our crash happened.

Sounds like an eerie place.

Thanks for putting up the bill.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 28th May 2008 at 13:25.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:50   #20
BWN
BHPian

OMG.. 1.17 Lac INR seems to be too expensive affair for me. That must have really hurt you. Thanks for putting up the bill.

Folks, please urge all your co passengers to wear seat belts.
Old 28th May 2008, 14:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

The whole list looks atrocious with the prices mentioned.

The leveling headlamps aren't that costly and its about 13k odd a pair. I just got these changed on my car recently under warranty.

For eg : Washer -- Rate = 0.43 and see the taxable amount(3.01) ?

Also aggoswami your car doesn't look like its taken a hit for 1.17 lacs if you know what I mean.
Old 28th May 2008, 17:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Thanks for the positive reply.

Its my mistake for not providing the time when it happend. It actually happend some time before. Now the car is OK.

The repair bill was Rs 1.17 lakh, and the front grille was the biggest disappointment.
I have also observed that the AC efffectiveness has reduced after the crash.

I was able to find only these images and not the images taken after the reapirs were done. I will be searching for these.

This crash is the reason that why I, in another thread, said that spare parts availablity and cost are an issue.
Recently I had a very similar crash, both the bumpers were cracked (not considerably) & they had to change the headlamp & taillamps, the bonnet was tilted in & up, I just paid 20k total cost & the insurance co is to reimburse 15k. Although there was absolutely no damage to the engine or even the radiator which I would've sulked about.
Just make sure the car regains it's original symetry. It gives me a sore eye to see the lines out of place even though it's minor.
Drive safe!
Old 28th May 2008, 18:16   #23
BHPian

That's bad happened, but no one seriously injured is what we are happy !!
Quote:
A pair of headlamp unit costed around 12K. We were keen on chanigng only one i.e left side headlamp, but the argument from dealer was : They come in pairs.

I havent heard about any issues till now , that only lights can be sold in pairs not as single piece!!!

You should have argued for this as they aren't cheap 12k for a single headlight is expensive deal !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

The leveling headlamps aren't that costly and its about 13k odd a pair. I just got these changed on my car recently under warranty.

Also aggoswami your car doesn't look like its taken a hit for 1.17 lacs if you know what I mean.

I think there's a quantity too in it i.e. 7pieces!!

And as per my calculation 0.43*7 =3.01
Old 28th May 2008, 18:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sounds like an eerie place.

Thanks for putting up the bill.
There are many stories about that particular spot ( I dont believe in this beyond a limit and this is out of limit ). Now we are still passing by that sight every two months and no troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
OMG.. 1.17 Lac INR seems to be too expensive affair for me. That must have really hurt you. Thanks for putting up the bill.

Folks, please urge all your co passengers to wear seat belts.
Yes all the car passengers must wear seat belts. Dont wait for experience to teach this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

You are correct that the hit wasnt so big that it would have lead us to 1.17 lakh. Thats why I have posted the bill.
Headlamp as individual are 3rd costiliest and as a pair are about 20704.X rs. this is really killing price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Recently I had a very similar crash, both the bumpers were cracked (not considerably) & they had to change the headlamp & taillamps, the bonnet was tilted in & up, I just paid 20k total cost & the insurance co is to reimburse 15k. Although there was absolutely no damage to the engine or even the radiator which I would've sulked about.
Just make sure the car regains it's original symetry. It gives me a sore eye to see the lines out of place even though it's minor.
Drive safe!
Although overall the things are fine the bonnet and left side panel need some working on. Will surely be done.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:56   #25
ECM
BHPian

Check your PM AAAG,I have some doubts on some values shown in your bill.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Nope - 5-6 k each for non leveling. Also expensive as these are (I am guessing) SGP from Japan.

Goswami, let me just say in your support I understand what you are going through !!!! I really do. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...g-holiday.html

I dont think you should worry about the cost break up, if its a reputed place they would not and should not overcharge on bill. esp when Insurance is going to go through the bill with a magnifying glass.

Baleno front end has some costly components and you'd rather get rear ended by someone if you are Baleno owner.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Check your PM AAAG,I have some doubts on some values shown in your bill.
Yes done that and also replied to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nope - 5-6 k each for non leveling. Also expensive as these are (I am guessing) SGP from Japan.

Goswami, let me just say in your support I understand what you are going through !!!! I really do. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...g-holiday.html

I dont think you should worry about the cost break up, if its a reputed place they would not and should not overcharge on bill. esp when Insurance is going to go through the bill with a magnifying glass.

Baleno front end has some costly components and you'd rather get rear ended by someone if you are Baleno owner.

Saw your case. Really not something one can expect while on trip.

Baleno has some very expensive components upfront! We learnt the hard way round. I dont think that they have messed up with me, but then I will definately be visiting the dealer as even after paying so much the left panel is a problem.
The insurance guys never knew the that the cost can be so high. He quoted 75K and this was his first experince in mid size segment cars. Later he admitted his mistake.
I had to manage the insurance and dealer while my father was in banlgore at Yokogava.

At the time of passing, the dealer wrote Vadodara and the bill said baroda. Reliance said that they cannot pass the insurance till the addresses match. this played a major culprit in this case.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
That's bad happened, but no one seriously injured is what we are happy !!
Yes that was the positive point and only injury was my uncle who had 8 stiches in his head. If he had put in seat belts, then it could have been avoided. Easliy and effectively.

Quote:
I havent heard about any issues till now , that only lights can be sold in pairs not as single piece!!!

You should have argued for this as they aren't cheap 12k for a single headlight is expensive deal !!
At that time I was running exams and father was at Banglore at Yokogava. My exams will now end at 15th june, but then again I will be visiting dealer today evening.

Quote:
I think there's a quantity too in it i.e. 7pieces!!

And as per my calculation 0.43*7 =3.01
Definately will be again looking more carefully at this.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

that was expensive but good thing is that u did not compromise on quality parts..

but i find it strange why the dealer is selling the headlamps only in pairs...i had changed one side alone in my OHC 3yrs back.

OT- couldnt resist going at the "denting and penting charges " !!!
Old 29th May 2008, 11:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
that was expensive but good thing is that u did not compromise on quality parts..
The car has to do duty on the highway for long distnce journeys, sometimes more than 800kms a day. So we cannot make a compromise here. And the things are quite OK now.

Quote:
but i find it strange why the dealer is selling the headlamps only in pairs...i had changed one side alone in my OHC 3yrs back.
Yes we also felt very strange. And still feeling strange. He is the only dealer of Maruti who can handle accidents in a proper way( again the comparison is with other dealer, Cargo motors, from where we bought M800 in November 1992).

Quote:
OT- couldnt resist going at the "denting and penting charges " !!!
It is for repairing dents and painting the parts that came without paint.

It is for repairing and

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks