Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 19:08   #16
BANNED

Wow!!! What a time to read this thread????!!!!
This was our RUMBLE in the JUNGLE drive route. And now, we are in the process of planning the next one.

Nicely written travelogue. Keep it up.
Old 5th June 2008, 19:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Is this place close to Munnar / Kerala?
Maybe the Airtel distance is less than 45 kms from Valparai to Munnar. But road route is quite long. You have 2 routes:

Route 1:
Return to Pollachi from Valparai. Go to Udumalipet and take the conventional Munnar route via Chinnar, Marayyoor. Distance should be approximately 160 kms.

Route 2:
Go forward from Valparai to what is one of the best forest roads in India. Via Malakkiparai (the highest-yielding - by quantity - tea estates in India), Sholayar, Peringalkuthu Dam, Vazahchal, Athirapalli Falls to Chalkudy), 110 kms. From Chalakudy, go on NH47 till Angamali and take the well-travelled Munnar road via Perumbavoor, Kothamangalam and Adimali. Should be around 250 kms. The Valparai-Chalakudy road is highly recommended, except that you don't travel after dark - has tuskers, giant cicadas and tall bamboos, besides the "God's Own Country" watterfalls.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
well, so are you! what are you stalking me?!!
always wanted to do this route. dad has been discouraging me ever since I got my DL saying that this route is very narrow and that I'll have to reverse for kilometers together if i need to let a lorry pass.

now I know. probably was a narrow track during his college days.
We have dads of the same league!

My dad has driven around the coimbatore - valparai - athirapalli route in his scooter with his gang, and he has been discouraging me to take a drive in my Santro.

Can someone please help with more specific details of managing to get accommodation in one of those gov guest houses or the estates?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks