Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 14:19   #16
BHPian

The good news:

This Sunday, I shifted to alloy-wheels (Konig), and tubeless tyres (Bridgestone) on my Hyundai Getz. I basically stuck to Hyundai's specifications for the original rim and tyres. My gratitude goes to the folks at Checkered Flag in Minister's Road, Hyderabad, who were a pleasure to deal with. They also provided genuine assistance in getting the tyres at a reasonable price, even though they were in no way obliged to do so.

The bad news:

On Monday night, while parking at a restaurant (near zero speed), the front wheel of my car went into a manhole. There was no thud. Rather, the front of the car gently (where the lifting jack normally fits) gently landed on a cement slab next to the manhole.

Kun Hyundai was 50-meters away from the place. Their on-road service guys came and skillfully lifted the front of the car from the manhole, using a combination of two hydraulic floor jacks, and then pushed the car back out of the hole.

Now the query:

There seems to be no visible damage, either to the alloy wheels or to the tyres, or to the chasis. There are no weird noises, and the car does not steer abnormally. Should I still approach the KUN fellows for a thorough check-up?
Old 1st December 2009, 11:32   #17
BHPian

kspv,

I had a similar experience with my Wagon R. Its front right wheel got into a hole (though smaller than a manhole) and the rear left one was left hanging. I simply reversed the vehicle, and it was out.

Some weeks later, I found oil stains in the garage. Upon investigation, I found the engine oil leaking (a little). Tried tightening the screws, but it did not help. I took the car to an A.S.S and they said that the leakage was due to a liner problem (not covered under warranty). So I ended up paying for it (about 1200 INR). They fixed the problem to my satisfaction.

I don't know if the little accident caused the leakage, but I guess it might have. I haven't had any other problem.

You might get your vehicle checked for such oil leakage.

Regards,
Aroop
Old 1st December 2009, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Aroop,

Thank you for the reply.

I went to KUN Hyundai at the ECIL Cross Roads. After lifting up the vehicle, and inspecting the under-chasis, KUN fellows concluded that there was no damage. They even said that a wheel-alignment is unnecessary.

While I am happy about it, I shall wait and watch if I can notice anything adverse.

Thanks once again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks