Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 13:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to adilabad can be done in the night too; pretty safe road. We did adilabad nagpur in the night in a qualis (), without any unfortuanate incidents but that was long ago.
Old 26th August 2008, 19:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Hyderabad to adilabad can be done in the night too; pretty safe road. We did adilabad nagpur in the night in a qualis (), without any unfortuanate incidents but that was long ago.
Thanks Cooldude,

I was worried coz some of my friends were telling me about some naxal problems. And I'll be having my wife with me.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Adilabad region is indeed a Naxal area, bu Naxals don't bother ordinary motorists. I have been intercepted by Naxals (around 20 of them, men in black, faces covered, sten guns in hand) between Pulimentla (AP CM's hometown!!) and Puttaparthi (15 kms before), who stopped me, checked out my credentials and let me go.

Problem with Adilabad-Nagpur route is it has very poor facilities, hardly any towns and lots of long lonely stretches, besides always presenting a inter-state policing problem.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Just one more thing is it ok to start from Adilabad at 5:00 am ( read safe) as I've never been to that part of the country?
No problem at all. Adilabad has very average hotels, not impressive, I stayed there a couple of years ago.
Old 26th August 2008, 23:33   #20
BHPian

Towards Adilabad or from Adilabad at night time is not advisable since it is a Naxalite prone area. Like Dr.Kumar says, it is better to do that stretch day time.
Old 4th September 2008, 16:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
No problem at all. Adilabad has very average hotels, not impressive, I stayed there a couple of years ago.
Hi hvkumar,

Could you please let me know any decent hotel in adilabad area. I tried googling but invain.
Old 4th September 2008, 18:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have stayed in Hotel Ravi Teja at Adilabad. On NH7 itself.
Old 4th September 2008, 23:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I have stayed in Hotel Ravi Teja at Adilabad. On NH7 itself.
Thanks for the prompt reply.And your logs are really helping me a lot.I have started preparing my car for the long journey ahead, will be going for 2nd service this weekend. Any pointers to what all specific to get checked by showroom guys ??
Old 5th September 2008, 11:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Check out all essential oils. Carry spare coolant, engine oils. Get servicing done at least 1 week before you leave so that you can iron out any messes the service centre monkeys have created. Check wheel alignment.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Check out all essential oils. Carry spare coolant, engine oils. Get servicing done at least 1 week before you leave so that you can iron out any messes the service centre monkeys have created. Check wheel alignment.
I'm also planning to take tubeless puncture kit and air pump with me. Just wanted to know whether it's possible to fix tubeless puncture without any expert help ?
Old 26th September 2008, 07:02   #26
BHPian

Possible Route Change

Hi All,

I might have to take Bangalore - Pune- Rajasthan-Delhi- Faridabad route for my trip. Kindly suggest the route and the time required for the same.
I'll be starting on Saturday early morning (4:00) and planning to reach Pune same day (1st night halt).

I'm skeptical about few things :

1) Road conditions from bangalore to pune (Chitradurga patch), Is it doable by Swift?

2) From Pune is it possible to avoid mumbai and reach udaipur on the same day?

Please let me know ASAP as i have only 28 days to start this trip.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Road conditions from bangalore to pune (Chitradurga patch), Is it doable by Swift?
It is doable by any car. Dont worry about Blr - Mumbai route. have fun. Chitradurga BP - Haveri will take around 3 hours because of diversions and bad roads. Other than that you will see you swift flying. If you start at 3Am , you can reach Pune in 12 hours.

Quote:
2) From Pune is it possible to avoid mumbai and reach udaipur on the same day?
Well ask/PM hvkumar !! He is expected to reach Mumbai by this weekend, he is travelling from Raipur. You will surely get your reply by that time.

Abhi
Old 26th September 2008, 10:12   #28
BHPian

Hi Travelbug,

When are you planning to leave Bangalore, I am plannig to leave BLR nov 1st week and will drive to Patna, I have Two options i.e. NH5/NH7, Could you tell about NH-7 because you have already done a stretch till Ananthpur.

Thanks
Old 26th September 2008, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
Hi Travelbug,

When are you planning to leave Bangalore, I am plannig to leave BLR nov 1st week and will drive to Patna, I have Two options i.e. NH5/NH7, Could you tell about NH-7 because you have already done a stretch till Ananthpur.

Thanks
Hi Gogo,

I'll be starting on 24th Oct. NH7 is in good condition except 10kms before and after penukonda and ( according to a friend) for some good distance after kurnool. Every 500mts - 2 kms you will find deviations. Make sure you have ample food with you as facilities are almost nil. It took me 3:50 hrs to reach Anathpur.

Happy Driving
Old 26th September 2008, 23:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
It is doable by any car. Dont worry about Blr - Mumbai route. have fun. Chitradurga BP - Haveri will take around 3 hours because of diversions and bad roads. Other than that you will see you swift flying. If you start at 3Am , you can reach Pune in 12 hours.

Well ask/PM hvkumar !! He is expected to reach Mumbai by this weekend, he is travelling from Raipur. You will surely get your reply by that time.

Abhi
Hi Abhi,

Thanks for clarifying my doubt about chitradurga.
I've PM'd hvkumar and waiting for his reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks