Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Drive @ Swift ZXI’08 from Bangalore - Faridabad

Hi All,
I’m Vikas a newbie on Team BHP, working in a MNC at Bangalore. I’m planning to drive down to my hometown Faridabad from Bangalore for Diwali Vacations. I usually don’t plan my drives but it’s different this time as I’ll be driving with my wife and it’s a really long journey.

Now the plan that I have chalked out is as follows:

Start from Bangalore on Friday night at 12:00 am.
a) Bangalore ->Hyderabad (570 kms) -> Adilabad 300 kms (approx). 1st Night Stop
b) Adilabad ->Nagpur (180 kms approx) ->Betul 160 kms @ NH69 ->Bhopal 160 kms @NH 69. 2nd Night Stop.
c) Bhopal ->Guna (200 kms Approx) ->Gwalior (220 kms@ NH3 -> Agra 110 kms ->Faridabad 170kms.

Planned kms day wise.

Day 1 =900 kms approx. In 18 hrs
Day 2 = 550 kms approx. In 12-13 hrs
Day3 = 540 kms approx. In 11-12 hrs.

Now, I have some concerns please be the guiding light.
1) Please advice about the feasibility of my plan?
2) How is the Road condition from Hyd to Nagpur (NH7)?
3) How is the Road condition from Nagpur to Bhopal? (NH 69 + NH12)?
4) How is the Road condition from Bhopal to Gwalior? (NH 12+ NH3)?
5) Things to carry with me?
6) Safety Concerns on any particular location?
7) Any Maruti service centres on all above mentioned highways.

P.S (recently I have done a test drive from Bangalore to Ananthpur and back to Bangalore in 7.10 hrs nonstop and my body is conditioned well for long drives).
I’m sorry for long list of questions but I guess you’ll understand my concerns.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:57   #2
BHPian

I think your plan is very ambitious. I would advise you to be more conservative in planning the distances. You are going to travel with your family (not sure if you have a kid also) and must enjoy the trip by driving at a leisurely pace (I don't mean slow)rather than just covering maximum distance. You are sure going to be very tired after the first day's drive and it will affect your concentration the next day.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Travelbug,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

There was a relevant discussion about this. Check out the following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html

-h

p.s. This should have been posted in Route/Travel queries subforum.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pls pm hvkumar. You will get all the details you are asking for. He is "route query guy" of t-bhp. Do some searching in route/Travel queries. You may find the answers.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Travelbug,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

There was a relevant discussion about this. Check out the following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html

-h

p.s. This should have been posted in Route/Travel queries subforum.
Thanks Hondadude,

It's is a good link but i'm planning to do a different route .
This is my first thread so i guess i posted at a wrong place , will take care in future.

Mods, can you move this to appropriate place.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Pls pm hvkumar. You will get all the details you are asking for. He is "route query guy" of t-bhp. Do some searching in route/Travel queries. You may find the answers.
I was also thinking on the same lines. I guess hvkumar is the guy to ask anything about M.P. Roads.
Old 25th August 2008, 09:51   #7
BHPian

Day 1 looks a bit ambitious. Driving at night on the Bangalore-Hyderabad is troublesome because of the trucks and volvo buses and 4 laning work. Unless you are comfortable at night driving the average speed might come down a bit.

Also according to your plan you will hit Hyderabad during day time. So be prepared for at least 1 hr to cross the city.

For long drives carry lot of fluids such as glucose or energy drinks. Apples and chewing gum are good for keeping you awake.

Also read this thread for necessary preparations for a long drive -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html
Old 25th August 2008, 11:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Day 1 looks a bit ambitious. Driving at night on the Bangalore-Hyderabad is troublesome because of the trucks and volvo buses and 4 laning work. Unless you are comfortable at night driving the average speed might come down a bit.

Also according to your plan you will hit Hyderabad during day time. So be prepared for at least 1 hr to cross the city.

For long drives carry lot of fluids such as glucose or energy drinks. Apples and chewing gum are good for keeping you awake.

Also read this thread for necessary preparations for a long drive -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html
Thanks Watashi75,

Well i'm comfortable in night driving and have also done a test run on the same route till ananthpur just to get familiarize to NH7. Can you tell me the shortest and less time consuming path to cross Hyd at daytime.?
Old 25th August 2008, 14:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Can you tell me the shortest and less time consuming path to cross Hyd at daytime.?
I don't see any other good option to cross Hyderabad other than NH7. NH7 passes right through the city and would be the most direct and shortest.

PS I think you should move this thread to Route/Travel queries...then hvkumar will notice it immediately! bthirthankar has also done Hyd-Blr at night recently.

Last edited by watashi75 : 25th August 2008 at 14:21.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, Interesting. Are u gonna drive back to blore.?? If yes then a CRDi might join ZXi back to Blore...<Fingers crossed>
Old 25th August 2008, 14:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

The route via Bombay is preferable. The above mentioned route is not at all nice. The road to hyderabad atleast on the karnataka side is completely messed up thanks to 4-laning.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The route via Bombay is preferable. The above mentioned route is not at all nice. The road to hyderabad atleast on the karnataka side is completely messed up thanks to 4-laning.
You are right about bombay route but that is around 500 kms more than MP route and I have a time constraint.
Old 25th August 2008, 16:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hmmm, Interesting. Are u gonna drive back to blore.?? If yes then a CRDi might join ZXi back to Blore...<Fingers crossed>
Hi Kpzen,
I have not deicided about my return but yes chances of return by road are more. I'll decide once I complete my one way journey.Will keep u posted.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Hi All,

Start from Bangalore on Friday night at 12:00 am.
a) Bangalore ->Hyderabad (570 kms) -> Adilabad 300 kms (approx). 1st Night Stop
b) Adilabad ->Nagpur (180 kms approx) ->Betul 160 kms @ NH69 ->Bhopal 160 kms @NH 69. 2nd Night Stop.
c) Bhopal ->Guna (200 kms Approx) ->Gwalior (220 kms@ NH3 -> Agra 110 kms ->Faridabad 170kms.

Planned kms day wise.

Day 1 =900 kms approx. In 18 hrs
Day 2 = 550 kms approx. In 12-13 hrs
Day3 = 540 kms approx. In 11-12 hrs.

Now, I have some concerns please be the guiding light.
1) Please advice about the feasibility of my plan?
2) How is the Road condition from Hyd to Nagpur (NH7)?
3) How is the Road condition from Nagpur to Bhopal? (NH 69 + NH12)?
4) How is the Road condition from Bhopal to Gwalior? (NH 12+ NH3)?
5) Things to carry with me?
6) Safety Concerns on any particular location?
7) Any Maruti service centres on all above mentioned highways.
Good route plan, a good alternative to avoiding the terrible roads beween Laknadon and Gwalior, and shorter than via Bombay.

Hyderabad-Nagpur is a good road, but can be slow during daytime, some bad sections were repored in Adilabad area but nothing serious. Driving from Bangalore to Adilabad is ambitious, but I would do it! All depends on how fast you are between Bangalore and Hyderabad - target reaching Hyderabad by 10-11 am and you are through to Adilabad withoutt any problems. alk to our Hyderabad friends o plot the best way around Hyderabad to avoid any encounters with Hyderabad city traffic (that means 2 hours wasted). I would avoid night driving between Adilabad and Nagpur. Facilitties are also terrible after Adilabad.

Road from Nagpur-Betul-Bhopal is very good as per friend Rahul who did the stretch before the rains. Bhopal-Biaora-Guna road is also normally good. Bad roads in MP between Biaora and Gwalior are normally repaired post-rains, they sometimes take a bad beating, no idea how they are this year.

MP roads are not fast - no bypasses, man and animal on the road, bumps at every village, etc., but you can maintain steady speeds of 80-100 kmph.

From Gwalior, road is a lovely 4-laner through Morena, Dholpur and Agra. Quite a tough task navigating Agra city - the bypass exists, but not sure about its present condition (in any case, not an inspiring one, comes out at Sikhandra on Nh2)
Old 26th August 2008, 11:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Good route plan, a good alternative to avoiding the terrible roads beween Laknadon and Gwalior, and shorter than via Bombay.

Hyderabad-Nagpur is a good road, but can be slow during daytime, some bad sections were repored in Adilabad area but nothing serious. Driving from Bangalore to Adilabad is ambitious, but I would do it! All depends on how fast you are between Bangalore and Hyderabad - target reaching Hyderabad by 10-11 am and you are through to Adilabad withoutt any problems. alk to our Hyderabad friends o plot the best way around Hyderabad to avoid any encounters with Hyderabad city traffic (that means 2 hours wasted). I would avoid night driving between Adilabad and Nagpur. Facilitties are also terrible after Adilabad.

Road from Nagpur-Betul-Bhopal is very good as per friend Rahul who did the stretch before the rains. Bhopal-Biaora-Guna road is also normally good. Bad roads in MP between Biaora and Gwalior are normally repaired post-rains, they sometimes take a bad beating, no idea how they are this year.

MP roads are not fast - no bypasses, man and animal on the road, bumps at every village, etc., but you can maintain steady speeds of 80-100 kmph.

From Gwalior, road is a lovely 4-laner through Morena, Dholpur and Agra. Quite a tough task navigating Agra city - the bypass exists, but not sure about its present condition (in any case, not an inspiring one, comes out at Sikhandra on Nh2)
Hi hvkumar,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I'll keep all the suggestions in mind while driving. Just one more thing is it ok to start from Adilabad at 5:00 am ( read safe) as I've never been to that part of the country?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks