Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 16:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

. That's a nice job done. This whole incident is like a bollywood filmy story.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:23   #17
BANNED

We actually are promoting this type of behaviour, no citizen should try and attempt such things.

Not taking anything away from Gregory, he did it at the instance. Not recommended though.
Old 24th September 2008, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
It all started like a typical day for me. Day went by just fine. In the evening I was at sadashivanagar bashyam circle today at 7.30. Going 80 I see a green signal and try to make it but as I get closer I can see it turn Orange. I start slowing down and stop as soon as it turns red. There were 2 cops at the signal both start eyeing me. I ignore them. ( I hadn't broken any rules) :P:

I wave a thumbs up to the cop and I take off, going at 90-100 zipping through traffic with a lot honking and high-low beam..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
We actually are promoting this type of behaviour, no citizen should try and attempt such things.

+1 million to what spitfire said. Going 80? isnt that breaking the speed limit in the city? Then "going at 90-100 zipping through traffic with a lot honking and high-low beam" isnt that illegal and you were a big nuisance to others on the road? Cant believe you're so proud of breaking the rules and showing off :|
Old 24th September 2008, 19:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Have happened once but little different

After working late in office, was traveling back to my residence around 2.00 am. On my way, there is a police station located at the main road. From a distance I could see that someone with a bare body running out from the station at good speed.

Within seconds, a cop came running out of the police station to chase him down. But that guy was real quick and gaining considerable gap quickly. Seeing a two-wheeler headlight behind, the cop never took the pain of running and simply asked me to stop.

He did got on my bike and said that guy was running away from the lock up. Could sense that cop was under the influence of alcohol. Chasing him down is not a tough task and reached him within no time. The bare body guy sensing that he could be caught stopped instantly and gave up. I am a happy man now.

But the way he gave up/ his body language and his face.............I had a gut feel that definitely he was not a guy who involves in crime stuffs. As soon as he become submissive, the cop reached him to punch on this face resulting in heavy bleeding from his nose. He fell onto the ground and he was smashed on the face with cops boot. He cried loudly saying " sir, i dont have money to travel back to my native, hence slept in bus stand"

Tried to intervene only to be warned by the cop to carry on. Seeing that I was saddened beyond words.

Last edited by Surprise : 24th September 2008 at 19:03.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Not taking anything away from Gregory, he did it at the instance. Not recommended though.

Exactly, I never usually am up for these kind of things but that stupid guy could have hurt me bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
+1 million to what spitfire said. Going 80? isnt that breaking the speed limit in the city? Then "going at 90-100 zipping through traffic with a lot honking and high-low beam" isnt that illegal and you were a big nuisance to others on the road? Cant believe you're so proud of breaking the rules and showing off :|

Well SunnyBoi there were 2 cops right in front of me they didnt mind me. And yes the roads were empty, and yes I'm proud of it. I got the guy who tried to knock me over. At least now he will think twice before doing what he did.
Maybe you would reacted differently who knows?
This is just me I'm not asking anyone else to follow on what I did

@
Surprise

I get what you are saying, it sad really sad what you just said. I just cant imagine it!
I can't comment on anything else
Old 24th September 2008, 19:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well SunnyBoi there were 2 cops right in front of me they didnt mind me. And yes the roads were empty, and yes I'm proud of it. I got the guy who tried to knock me over. At least now he will think twice before doing what he did.
Maybe you would reacted differently who knows?
This is just me I'm not asking anyone else to follow on what I did
Isnt catching bad guys the job of cops?

If it was me, I would have just moved on, cant be bothered with all those stunts. One sumo rear ended me badly, I had a fall with injuries. all the auto guys were cheering me to and chase that guy down. didnt bother doing that.
Old 24th September 2008, 21:15   #22
BHPian

Not meaning to offend anyone, but I dont think :
a) fast driving is being promoted - I mean, who sticks to the 50kmph limit anyway??
b) maybe it is the job of the cops but I guess in such a situation when you have a cop hopping onto the pillion, you dont really have too much time to actually think it through.

(Not saying that driving fast and zig zag is cool; but just my 2cents)
Old 24th September 2008, 21:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:

If it was me, I would have just moved on, cant be bothered with all those stunts. One sumo rear ended me badly, I had a fall with injuries. all the auto guys were cheering me to and chase that guy down. didnt bother doing that.
Dear sunnyBoi, when did I ever say or claim that its our job to catch bad guys? And in this incident the guy wasn't a bad guy he was just a stupid, arrogant and a rash driver just like the other 99% of the reckless drivers. Im no vigilante and I don't believe in vigilante justice. All I did was stop a reckless driver who tried to cause me harm with the help the law.

Driving in a Zig zag isnt cool at all. I hate people who drive like this. This was the only time I drove this way.

I never claimed to catch the bad guy or beat him up did I ? This reckless driver tried to cause me injury, destroy my property. The Law saw this and was on my side.
Neither would I listen to a bunch of Auto drivers asking me to do something stupid like that.
In my situation I was told to do so by a legal figure which I and most of the other decent law abiding citizens would follow.

I'm sorry to hear about your case, yes you did the right thing. The first priority for you would have been to seek medical help for your injuries. Did you report this to the cop? Took down the license plate of the car that knocked you down?

On another day if the same thing were to happen to me again would I still go after someone who tried to knock me down? Yes provided I have backup! (the law)

In a more extreme case you mean to tell me that the next time someone tries to break into your house or cause damage to you or your property, you are just going to sit by and say let the cops catch the bad guys and do nothing?

Cheers
Gregory

cheers:

Last edited by Gregory : 24th September 2008 at 22:11.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What do you think we as public should do? Do not help cops in their activity? It is every citizen's duty to uphold the law. In this case, Gregory has helped cops catch and punish the stupid guy (not bad guy). I feel He has done the right thing.

As far your 2nd part, everybody are not kind hearted as you.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In a more extreme case you mean to tell me that the next time someone tries to break into your house or cause damage to you or your property, you are just going to sit by and say let the cops catch the bad guys and do nothing?
okay, did he actually hit you? your analogy isnt proper.

If you were so law abiding, you should have stayed back till you officially filed a complaint against him in a RTO. did you do that? a law abiding citizen is supposed to register a formal complaint. all you did was make one cop happy by helping him collect more bribe and contribute to corruption.

as for my case, I still rmember the sumo number. KA03 D 1013, had a unisys sticker in the back. For that guy to be punished, I had to register a formal complaint, get an eye witness who was there when he rear ended me, plus convince the police ppl and pay some bribe to them. not my cup of tea.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 24th September 2008 at 22:26.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:33   #26
Team-BHP Support

This post is about someone who according to me did the right thing.
I did something similar some time back. Had written the same in here as well

Now SunnyBoi will say I broke the law as well. And I was a mute spectator to police atrocity as well. But frankly I dont care.
That boy deserved what he got. If I have to do it again, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Necklace Road, Hyderabad.
evening around 9 pm.
I saw leonarda-di-caprio on a rx100.
Standing on his bike, both hands in the air.

Great!!!
I find a cop, stop my bike and ask him, "pakdain kya".
Cop on my bike and I am off.
Stupid kid never realised when I had him cornered up.
Cop on the kids bike, we proceed to the police checkpost just a lil ahead.
Inform SI about what was going on.
Dirty words, Dirty looks and finally the cop asks me what I would like to do.
I say let the kid go as its enough.

SI says ok, asks the kid to leave but to show his license.
Kid aint got one.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

RC Book.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Insurance Papers
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Now, I step up and drag the kid away, give him my mobile ask him to call someone up.
Finally left after his elder brother comes in.
Was expecting the elder brother to do something.
and he did,
Kid got another slap.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Now SunnyBoi will say I broke the law as well. And I was a mute spectator to police atrocity as well. But frankly I dont care.
That boy deserved what he got. If I have to do it again, I will.
where did you break the law?as i can see, cop got on your bike, caught him and you actually took him to justice.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

Well as in by not having taken the law abiding way described by you

Quote:

If you were so law abiding, you should have stayed back till you officially filed a complaint against him in a RTO. did you do that? a law abiding citizen is supposed to register a formal complaint. all you did was make one cop happy by helping him collect more bribe and contribute to corruption.
But am going way OT on a thread that does not involve me. I am out of here.

Peace.

But honestly I would love an India where justice is swift and fair.
And people understand that law is for them. And treat eachother with much more respect than what passes for society these days.
I am on the same side as you and everyone else here.
Jai Hind.

mil-jul ke is watan ko
aisa sajaaenge hum
ghairat se mu sakegaa
...saara jahaan hamaara
Old 24th September 2008, 23:00   #29
BHPian

Gregory, that was good.
I once stopped a bus coming on the wrong direction on one way lane (the private bus was trying to bypass the traffic on the correct lane) – waylaid the bus with my car and got the cop from nearby junction to come down and book him. Unfortunately I was on way to office an bit busy, so do not know if the bus fellow paid fine or bribe – either way, I also felt that the bus fellow will double think next time.
Old 24th September 2008, 23:11   #30
BHPian

While you were at it you could also have collected the bribe that the police guy was going to get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks