Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

wow!! The SX4 would have probably cartwheeled if it was driven into that hole at high speed !! Paver blocks are ok at junctions.. but on straight roads? Dunno why they use them.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Overnight in Kharghar on the road to the Tata Hospital, speedbreakers have appeared.

Yesterday night I was driving on that road and suddenly I see a un-marked speed-breaker which required me to slam the brakes on my car. I reached the next junction and there was one more!
Old 27th October 2008, 00:15   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Another example | Post by Gordon

Andheri Western Express Highway!
Cars and bikes come at a speed of more than 80kmph, straight into these death traps! How hard is it to level the road?!

Dangerous Roads-road.jpg

Almost every bike coming in high speed almost lost control here because of the sudden jerk.
Name:  road2.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  128.6 KB
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2008, 02:18   #19
BHPian

Opp Cafe Coffee day on Vikhroli - LBS Marg Mumbai,today driving back from town to home Just outside the petrol pump with the CNG station there's a rectangular manhole cover which has sunk into the manhole. People coming to Kailash complex from LBS Marg be careful.

Cheers
M M
mmmjgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2008, 23:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure if we pass by all those areas which are pictured above, there won't be any change. I don't think there is a system to keep regular checks on the roads and signals.

Does anyone know where to complain about open manhole covers, bad roads or non-functioning signals?! And can you file for RTI?!
I really want to know because this is getting out of hand.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm sure if we pass by all those areas which are pictured above, there won't be any change. I don't think there is a system to keep regular checks on the roads and signals.

Does anyone know where to complain about open manhole covers, bad roads or non-functioning signals?! And can you file for RTI?!
I really want to know because this is getting out of hand.
Here you go. Not sure if it'll really help though. Official Website of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
Old 21st November 2014, 23:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dangerous Roads

Saw this report on FB today:

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/bike...s-way/15780174

Scares me to death!
Old 11th June 2023, 12:56   #23

Re: Dangerous Roads

Hi,

Sharing a bit of dangerous highway stretch that I have encountered on my drives across the country.

I have driven cross country from Mumbai to Kolkata twice since December 2022 and have encountered a few stretches of highway that definitely fit the description of "Death Traps!!". Here are a few videos from my dashcam:

Location: These 2 ditches are a permanent fixture on the way to Kolkata just before the Kanjipani Ghat section starts.

The first one is at: 21°26'34.8"N 85°17'10.7"E
The second one at: 21°25'60.0"N 85°21'03.8"E
Google street view shows these ditches even today.

These vids are from April 2023 when I encountered this stretch during the day with other vehicle on the road giving me ample warning of obstructions ahead. There is no road signage to indicate any kind of diversion!!

The first time I encountered this stretch was in December 2023 at night. In the videos one can see where the street lights end. Now imagine driving at 80 kmph on a pretty good stretch of highway without any other vehicle ahead of you, and suddenly out of the blue the road ends. Believe me when I say this, in December I got really scared as even with high beams on my VW Taigun, I couldn't see any road ahead. I had to completely stop, calm myself and then look around to find the diversion to the right.

The second one is equally dangerous, but I was extra alert after the first encounter and was able to avoid a scare.

What surprises me is the fact that there is no changes on these sections at all. Neither is the road being made, nor are there any signage being put up to warn drivers.
I encountered these first in December 2022, then again in April and May 2023. Still no changes at all.

For anyone travelling through this road, please be aware of this and be careful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks