Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 15:28   #46
BHPian

Re: Orissa and Antinational Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Hi Ajay, thanks for the information.
My question is since I will be crossing over to WB and then returning again, will the previous receipt still be valid.
I don't know. Perhaps you could post your query in the HVK forum @ facebook as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
The tax in Goa is valid for 7 days, and not 3 days as mentioned, secondly it is valid for multiple entry and exits.
I drove down to Goa from Bangalore in March 2016. The validity was 3 days or so. Maybe things have changed since then.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 6th February 2017 at 15:33.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 15:30   #47
BHPian

Any Babu moshai who has recently done their annual/semi-annual/quarterly pilgrimage to Puri recently? Can you please update on WB-OD border?
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 16:55   #48
BHPian

No such taxes exists for Bengal - Orissa border. I travelled during diwali last year and nothing was collected.
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 18:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
No such taxes exists for Bengal - Orissa border. I travelled during diwali last year and nothing was collected.
Hi KD007, thank you very much for the information. If you don't mind my asking, could you please confirm if you were in a private vehicle?
Old 6th February 2017, 18:08   #50
Team-BHP Support

I think you are thinking too much. As others confirmed, no such tax exists on the borders of Orissa/WB. I don't know back then also where they exactly charged this tax, if at all, since I travelled to Kolkata even in those days and never saw this tax being charged. And since then I have driven down to Kolkata several times more and there is no such thing that exists. If anything the drive has only become much more pleasant now as the roads in Orissa have become superb!

So enjoy your drive please.
Old 6th February 2017, 18:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi KD007, thank you very much for the information. If you don't mind my asking, could you please confirm if you were in a private vehicle?
Yes I was in a private vehicle.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Any Babu moshai who has recently done their annual/semi-annual/quarterly pilgrimage to Puri recently? Can you please update on WB-OD border?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think you are thinking too much.

If anything the drive has only become much more pleasant now as the roads in Orissa have become superb!

Did the Kolkata - Puri - Barkul - Kolkata trip week before last and yes, in a private vehicle, my own.

The so called tax that you're referring to is history. Haven't faced any such demand for the past five or six years if not more.

So drive in peace!
Babuda is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 15:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuda View Post
Did the Kolkata - Puri - Barkul - Kolkata trip week before last and yes, in a private vehicle, my own.

The so called tax that you're referring to is history. Haven't faced any such demand for the past five or six years if not more.

So drive in peace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Yes I was in a private vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think you are thinking too much. As others confirmed, no such tax exists on the borders of Orissa/WB. I don't know back then also where they exactly charged this tax, if at all, since I travelled to Kolkata even in those days and never saw this tax being charged. And since then I have driven down to Kolkata several times more and there is no such thing that exists. If anything the drive has only become much more pleasant now as the roads in Orissa have become superb!

Thanks guys, it is indeed a relief, now I can focus on the more important aspects of the tour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks