Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 12:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good news indeed Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Welcome to the site, Ramon, good post. Where I am the driver test is very strict. There is no way to avoid it, currently. This saves lives. Indian drivers are simply the worst I have ever seen. They do not have good control of their vehicles, they do not use good judgment. Stricter tests will force applicants to take lessons and learn.

I completely disagree infact i feel Indian drivers should be amongst the best, atleast many! given the scenario and the road consitions i see most handling their vehicles ina fantastic way...agree that people dont follow the rules but that cant be applied to all..

About the skills i feel a Indian driver can drive anywhere in the world, i doubt if the same can be applied to others(people from diffrent country)
Old 12th December 2008, 13:35   #17
BHPian

It's nice to know somewhere somebody is strictly following rules to provide driving license. Appreciate his/her effort.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
My test was held at the bypass. I'd gone through a driving school, so I guess that helped me out a bit. Heck, my instructor sitting behind me nudged every time there was a need for a gearshift In spite of all that I almost missed a gearshift ( i learnt on an indica/santro, and they gave me an m800). Surprisingly there was an old man who really missed two shifts and stalled once. Even he passed. guess they are not so strict elsewhere in tvm
Yeah this was the same situation when I took my 2 & 3 wheeler test on the same day (they were conducted by the Vehicle Inspectors not the RTO) and the same thing also happened 4.5 years back when I took my 4wheeler licence........
Old 12th December 2008, 23:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I completely disagree infact i feel Indian drivers should be amongst the best, atleast many! given the scenario and the road consitions i see most handling their vehicles ina fantastic way...agree that people dont follow the rules but that cant be applied to all..

About the skills i feel a Indian driver can drive anywhere in the world, i doubt if the same can be applied to others(people from diffrent country)
The 'dirty one' meant it in the sense that 90% of the Indian drivers do not care for rules and drive the way they want, and most of them do not have good control of the vehicle at the speeds they are driving at. I think that is true.

Anyone can drive anywhere in the world, that is not a problem. It becomes easy driving in a place where everyone adheres to the rules. For example, here in the US, you pass a vehicle doing 70mph on the interstate, knowing fully well that he will hold his lane. Can you do that in India?

Indian driving according to me is Russian Roulette, we probably do not realise it.
Old 12th December 2008, 23:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indian driving according to me is Russian Roulette, we probably do not realise it.
I do. In fact I stopped playing both my favourite games with driving - GTA and NFS after I started driving. The real deal is much more intense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks