Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 21:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Spoilt my mood thanks to irresponsible driver

Folks this happened sometime back, while i was returning from work....

Its about 7:45 pm , very slow moving traffic on Marathali road towards old airport. thanks to the fuel crisis their was a huge crowd infront of HP bunk...i was in the extreme right of the road right next to the median....

Since traffic was moving very slow, had placed my feet on the road.... i felt something touching my leg, when i saw it was a car which had come too close to me and the moron (driver) was busy chatting with his girl friend...

on asking(loudly) why was he so close...this dude swerevs bit to let and takes off... seeing that i got pissed i followed him, since the traffic was too slow he cudnt get away...but i dint bother to take it further just gave some galli and pushed off..

now i feel i should havenot let him go easily he deserved more...if i had not worn boots i surely would have hurt my ankle..

What angers me is that dude dint bother to see or ask if he had hurt me.. nor did he apologise. with such insane people on road we surely need to be careful...

am really pissed grrrrrrrr
Old 8th January 2009, 21:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I was driving down to office.
There is a junction where a cop raises his hand for us to stop.

I am not going fast and stop. A moment later I feel something hit my car. As I turn around this biker dude make a hasty escape. I know these roads quite well. As soon as the cop lets traffic move I am off. I catch with this guy. Force him to stop and getting out of my car the first thing I do is I throw his keys as far as I can.

Now I look to see where the scratch is. Its a thin narrow strip and I can see it because I know my bumper well. I am still very angry but rapidly cooling down. If he had not run like that I would not even have bothered about it.
I ask him why I should let him go as he scratched my car.
He offers his bike for me to scratch.

I felt happy I threw his keys. He does not deserve a bike.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Too bad such things keep happening. Some people are congenital idiots,and there's nothing that can be done to help them.

Lucky that you had your boots on.The next time something happens,please make it a point to stop such people and give them a piece of your mind.If not anything else,atleast you'll vent it out!
Old 8th January 2009, 21:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

now i feel i should havenot let him go easily he deserved more...if i had not worn boots i surely would have hurt my ankle..

What angers me is that dude dint bother to see or ask if he had hurt me.. nor did he apologise. with such insane people on road we surely need to be careful...
Once an autorisckshaw ran over my sister's feet. We could do nothing. Best is if one has sufficient money then dont use two wheeler.
People who dont even deserve to use the road are plying with their cars and are very serious safety concern for two wheeler riders. I face this daily, to such an extent that I have now stopped going out in peak hours except emergencies. That is the state. Nobody cares for others and everyone wants to be the fastest out there to reach home. And in turn everybody ends up spending more time on the road due to indiscipline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Force him to stop and getting out of my car the first thing I do is I throw his keys as far as I can.
I felt happy I threw his keys. He does not deserve a bike.
And if he had not run and apologized ?

Have a cool approach. If you are correct does not mean you will always be at the powerful position. I know its very annoying to be rear ended ( I have suffered injuries because of this ), but dont lose temper so quickly. Let those pigs ( pardon my language ) go if the damage is not major, they will eventually be bogged down because of their own mistakes. One fine day I am sure he will rear end a truck and eventually hurt himself.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:

The reason is that the driver was with his GIRLFRIEND and he would not want someone to yell at him in front of her knowing that it was his mistake.
I know its really irritating when something of this sort happens. Good that you cooled down, I would do the same if I were you.

Something similar happened with me a few months ago. In my case I was the driver and at a petrol bunk I nearly want over a guy's feet. Fortunately he was wearing boots. I got down from the car, apologized to him and made sure he was alright. I was relieved when he said that he was fine and he asked me to be careful from next time.

Last edited by swift8847 : 8th January 2009 at 21:39.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

bblost i think throwing the key would have cooled you off i guess that biker deserved it...

Nitin thanks, i guess i should have given a piece of my mind. anyways as you mentioned no matter what you do some morons will never change
Old 8th January 2009, 21:43   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

And if he had not run and apologized ?

Have a cool approach. If you are correct does not mean you will always be at the powerful position. I know its very annoying to be rear ended ( I have suffered injuries because of this ), but dont lose temper so quickly. Let those pigs ( pardon my language ) go if the damage is not major, they will eventually be bogged down because of their own mistakes. One fine day I am sure he will rear end a truck and eventually hurt himself.
It was his running away and the fact that I had no idea how bad the damage was.

and I pray he never rear ends a truck and never hurts himself.

> And if he had not run and apologized ?

I would have smiled back and waved him on. I know, I have done that before.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It was his running away and the fact that I had no idea how bad the damage was.

and I pray he never rear ends a truck and never hurts himself.

> And if he had not run and apologized ?

I would have smiled back and waved him on. I know, I have done that before.
Way to go! If someone acknowledges their mistake and sincerely feels sorry, its perfect to accept the apology and move on.But if someone doesn't care about what they did,then such people ought to be taken to task.
Its the realization thats important. Some individuals think they own the road,so apologizing isn't for them.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post

Something similar happened with me a few months ago. In my case I was the driver and at a petrol bunk I nearly want over a guy's feet. Fortunately he was wearing boots. I got down from the car, apologized to him and made sure he was alright. I was relieved when he said that he was fine and he asked me to be careful from next time.
Thats really good... wish all the road users were sensible like you

Nitin & bblost: If the guy was apologetic i wouldnt have not bothered but the carelessness is what pisses me off...

Last edited by lohithrao : 8th January 2009 at 22:11.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

@lohithrao and bblost -- All this happens daily on delhi roads. So many morons so less a time to catch and if its a biker and you are in a car well then you can just forget to catch them due to the congestion of traffic
Old 8th January 2009, 22:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

lucky me!I am staying in a town ,miles away from the congested city traffic(in my case kochi).
I use car and bike on a daily basis to know better.Bikers are mostly irresponsible(sorry to say!).and then there is this few ma'ams and gentlemen car/4 wheeler commuters who only looks straight.no vision goes to side ways ,LHS side especially.so bad!

Last edited by deepclutch : 8th January 2009 at 22:08.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:50   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Lohith,

If its one thing I've learned towards maintaining my composure in city traffic, its to not pay heed to the activities of other traffic users' actions. This, assuming that we drive reservedly ourselves. The other thing I've started doing of late, and something that I've found to give me great relief, is to use the Vajra Volvos for city commute.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th January 2009 at 01:43.
Old 9th January 2009, 00:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Folks this happened sometime back, while i was returning from work....

Its about 7:45 pm , very slow moving traffic on Marathali road towards old airport. thanks to the fuel crisis their was a huge crowd infront of HP bunk...i was in the extreme right of the road right next to the median....

Best is to leave the Bike on his car and let his/her car get damaged. You bike handle is enough to make a big damage. You can always say that his car tyre rolled on your feet and you could not manged the balance.
Few yrs back one lady also did the same thing and asked blunty that did her car touched me.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

hehe Soumya my bike can do a lot of damage to any car, all metal(enfield)

at that point of time it dint strike me and also since the car was hardy couple of inches away from me and my concern was to save my feet

Ot.. other day on silk board traffic signal, the signal lights was not working ...so as the traffic was chugging along i found a cop appearing in front of and stopped the vehicles...had to brake hard and thanks to my disc brakes my bike stopper right there but a scooter guy who was too close to me could not and he rammed hard (rear of my bike) i got down to see if my bike was damaged to my surprices my bikes boxe had few scrathes and the scooters front was badly damaged...people around started to laugh and told me to calm down as he is the one at loss...looking at his face i could just give a smile and told him to use the brakes and not to follow closely..

Maggy, i wish i coulduse volvo but the bus connectivity int great btw where i live and work....so need to depend on my bike. i dont even want to take my car am sure it will be a bigger hassel!
Old 9th January 2009, 10:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

The other day, near the Mantri Elite turning onto Bannerghatta road, i was in the left most lane on a crawling taffic day. Traffic had come to a halt when a guy on a two wheeler squeezed his bike between my car and the bus on my right. So much so, that he folded my ORVM to sneak ahead.
As luck would have it, he had to stop and my lane's traffic started moving. When my right front wheel touched his foot he started to complain. I used the 4 inches of space on the left and went past.
I didnt bother to apologise because it wasnt my fault and it would have been too much to expect him to apologise either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks