Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 13:16   #16
BHPian

@swale84

Yes the damage was more internal than visible. Visibly,it looked mostly like a dent thing but inside lots of things had gone bad. All parts were damn expensive and on top of it was difficult to procure with honda having to get these things from there noida plant. btw, i got close to 81k in insurance.

@ImmortalZ

that was a very neat explanation indeed. Good clarity man.

@moralfibre

It was Ashvin with the notes. i didn't want to scandalize him. But It was him, chaitra and me. But i was the culprit. one for not marking the turn properly in the notes and second for judging it incorrectly real time. Anyways, graduating is what i would call it although an expensive one.
After the wai turn off enroute to mahabaleshwar, u get a turn for mandar devi. Now the climb upto mandar devi is divine. Now this is one way to get there. There are others too. My fiasco happened right at the top of this neat little hill.
Old 16th January 2009, 14:37   #17
BHPian

the unfortunate sundays continue

I get the car repaired and iam feeling a lot better at heart. One thing that I want to do for sure is to visit that piece of road again and come back safe. So one fine sunday, i make my way back to the same place in the same car and then sit on that broken embankment and take in the surroundings. After spending some good time on that embankment, i made my way to the mandar devi temple to offer my gratitude to the goddess. This particular sunday went of quite well.

Fast forward to another nearby sunday. Iam sitting at home alone and debating mentally as to whether to go for a drive or not. In the end decided not to, on account of the huge amount of expenses incurred recently(read 1.4 lacs). By the time all the mental turmoil got done, it was evening. Called Ashvin and off we went for a short drive on the NH4. Started off from baner (a place inside pune) and got onto the NH4 bypass and started driving towards the mumbai-pune expressway.

Passed the hinjewadi flyover. There was traffic but not much. I am keeping a steady 70k as speed and on the left lane. A white new honda city is on the right lane 4 car lenghts ahead of me. We are all making steady progress towards our respective destinations. Suddenly out of the blue the NHC panic brakes and cuts left onto my lane big time. It was not a small swerve or anythying but a massive lane cutting manouvre. Along with the move i hear some big grating noise and the next thing i notice is that iam trying my level best to avoid banging into the NHC. Things dont come off the way I planned and the left rear part of the NHC bangs into the front right of my OHC. We scrape around for a couple of seconds before I pull left drastically and stop on the left of the road. The white NHC has gone ahead a little and stopped on the left too.

I get out intending to break his head into two. Suddenly lots of people are running to a biker who is lying flat on the ground with a bike which is also giving him company. Blood is splattered everywhere and the man is in the middle of the road motionless. So we make a dash for him, pull him to the side and are relieved to see that he is ok overall but has lots of wounds. We make a few phone calls for him to his friends and prop him up on the side. People (localites) have already started working out a rich vs poor situation and are basically working out a case against the NHC chap.

But a few people who where loitering around had a different story to tell. It seems that biker was standing on the spacious divider waiting for his chance to cross the road. The divider in question is a little elevated and quite wide. So the enterprising chap climbed it and stood in the middle waiting for his turn to get across.

Then he misjudged the speeds of the cars that were coming and jumped the divider straight into the path of the oncoming NHC (which was on the right side of the road). The NHC does what most people would have done and swerves to avoid a hit and comes straight into my lane and the rest happens.

I quitely continue on the drive with a scratched front right. Not much damage but a bad feeling after the big expensive repair i had carried out on the car earlier. The NHC also is on its way and i am left wondering as to what exactly is wrong with my luck.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of a saying "Patta kalula padum"

Translation- "You will get hit exactly where there is already a wound"
Old 16th January 2009, 15:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, talk about a bad luck streak. No major damage this time around I hope?
Old 16th January 2009, 15:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. you and your car seem badly jinxed. Take a break for a while.
TC.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:12   #21
BHPian

@Megazoid - bad luck, mate ! Thats all. Dont worry a lot, just let it pass.

And all those talking about being jinxed and all, kindly contact Normally Crazy first. He ( or his Skoda ?? ) had the first rights to being jinxed.
Old 17th January 2009, 11:23   #22
BHPian

Thank God none of you were injured. Your rally skills sure helped you man!

Both, very unfortunate incidents.

Hope your luck comes back to you!
Old 29th January 2009, 18:27   #23
BHPian

Good that only the honda incidents are being posted :P

-Ashvin-
Old 29th January 2009, 18:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread. Those are some rotten events you have been through lately but glad to see you and your friends are safe after your first accident and nothing happened in the NHC incident. Be careful henceforth. It isnt really worth to be even a wee bit adventurous on our roads or highways.
Old 29th January 2009, 19:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

A better set of tyres is what is the first step to safety.

Good to see everything is fine. Hope to see everything is fine.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:25   #26
BHPian

Good to know you are safe

Hari, I am very glad to see you were safe in both the mishaps. Hope you remember me from Good ol Veritas days. Take a small break from all the fun rides and you should be fine. Just a temporary phase and soon you would be roaring to go again.

Take care.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:53   #27
BHPian

Megazoid,

Looks like you need to keep your hands off the steering for few days. Good to know that nothing happened to you in these two events, but looks like your car is taking a lot of hit.

I drive on the bypass quite a lot and the also on Old Pune Mumbai road recently constructed with grade separaters. There is a lot of problem where people try to cross the road over the separators and we need to be a lil more extra cautious about the same.

take care buddy and drive safely
Old 30th January 2009, 13:35   #28
BHPian

Being extra careful these days.
@rohitrk

hey buddy. Long time now since those good old veritas days. Should meet up sometime soon to relive memories..
Old 30th January 2009, 18:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
the unfortunate sundays continue
I quitely continue on the drive with a scratched front right. Not much damage but a bad feeling after the big expensive repair i had carried out on the car earlier. The NHC also is on its way and i am left wondering as to what exactly is wrong with my luck.
Seems your luck not in your favour. Better Be careful man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks