Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Hay, I too had something like this a few months back. Infact I had typed out a mail as soon as I got into my seat... I must say, sometimes some small incidents really lift your mood.

This is the mail that I had typed out on that day.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Something cool happened today morning.... it was like this

Today morning was not particularly interesting, got into the vehicle and was thinking about what to do when I get to office, also had to go to the bank, was wondering how to squeeze in time for all that... this was on my mind, and I got caught in every single traffic signal from Madivala to Ejjipura, so was not in one of my 'happy happy' moods...

Now the Ejjipura signal turns green, I crawl ahead with the traffic, there is a Innova desperately trying to overtake me from my left, but then there is slow auto in front of him and a slow Zen in front of me, so both of us were going parallel, unable to overtake either of these 2 slow coaches. Then all of a sudden Zen accelerates and goes in front of the auto and I have my path clear.... the much awaited path is clear.

I down shifted to 3rd and accelerated ahead, at the same time watching the Innova shift lanes and following me. I go ahead cover that gap and reach the traffic ahead, again its back to 30-35 kmph... now I am behind a Qualis, a normal golden color Qualis cab. But then, hay, what is this, it has clear windows and i can see a good looking girl looking out, she is in that last row split seat, so I check the Qualis again, it looks like one of these call center kind of cabs, but the driver, I see him in his rear view mirror has his seat belt on and looked pretty different, so I thought, these ppl must have hired it to go around Bangalore, Now, this girl is staring at me or may be my dirty bolero, hadn’t washed it for the past 4 days, you see. Still, it was an intense stare...

Well it so happened that till Domlur flyover I couldn’t over take (maybe didn’t even try, there is some one looking out, looking at me, a few feet ahead...) she looked short, fair and had real curly hair, was wearing a horizontal striped T-shirt. We look eye-2-eye for a few secs. She was good, she held her stare, she didn’t drop it, not once. And i was like she is very familiar... so I scan my brain, and CLICK, I found out. She looked exactly like that small girl from Chak-de-India, the movie, that small girl with loads of attitude, one who got into fights, one who was emotionally attached to one of the senior player... She looked exactly like her.
And you know what, exactly at that time the RJ on 94.3 says, next we have a song from 'Chak-de India'.... I couldn’t help but smile. but i guess that smile caught her off guard, she looked away and commented something to her co-passenger, a guy, a northie guy. Now, he gives me THE LOOK, and I flash my Colgate safead daanth (teeth) at him, he shakes his head, says something, the girl now looks back at me.

All this while her expression never changed, it was one of those calm composed ones, by now we have reached EGL (office), the entrance. I thought the Qualis is going straight, so I flip my left indicator and zip into the left lane, past the Qualis... but then the next instance I have him behind me... we both are in the same campus... YIPEEEE.. And as we reach the first cross road, I take the straight one to reach our office; the Qualis takes a right and goes towards the other side...

That’s how we parted...... but what ever it is, that girl pepped up my mood, now I have smile, I had ‘baadal pe paav hai..(or whatever that song is)’ on my lips, and I was humming it all the way to my seat.
Looking forward to how the day unfolds, for all I know I could catch up with her at the food court or may be on my way back, or may be tomorrow, same time same quails.

But damn, in all this excitement, I forgot to even check for some sticker in front of the quails when I over took it or when it was behind me at the entrance waiting for the security to let us in, that way I could have known where to hang out, around which company …. Damn!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 4th February 2009, 12:58   #17
BaldOwl

@Spinnerr: Did you wash the Bolero later?

Old 4th February 2009, 13:07   #18
BANNED

In case you want to know how to deal with this if it happens again - PM me. I will guide you in totality
Old 4th February 2009, 13:18   #19
BHPian

come on hrishi please share your expertise with everyone .

no wonder spinner doesnt have the time to look at his intrument cluster.

Last edited by siddartha : 4th February 2009 at 13:20.
Old 4th February 2009, 13:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
In case you want to know how to deal with this if it happens again - PM me. I will guide you in totality
Believe you have something up your sleeve also . Why don't you pin it up here buddy ?
Old 4th February 2009, 13:54   #21
BANNED

It is not up my sleeve and I dare not pin it up, here or anywhere.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
It is not up my sleeve and I dare not pin it up, here or anywhere.

One of Dark Secrets being taken to the GRAVE
Old 4th February 2009, 14:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Radio one would have said ...

" Sikho HRAG ke saath, ladki patane ke do baaaat" ...

Good thread to read and smile in the mid of the day.

All the best guys .. Let it happen to all of us, ofcourse when not with our wife/girl friend.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Radio one would have said ...

" Sikho HRAG ke saath, ladki patane ke do baaaat" ...

Good thread to read and smile in the mid of the day.

All the best guys .. Let it happen to all of us, ofcourse when not with our wife/girl friend.
good one !!! you have" put it one sentence"
Old 4th February 2009, 15:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
come on hrishi please share your expertise with everyone .

no wonder spinner doesnt have the time to look at his intrument cluster.
Hay siddartha. I must comment on your resolve. Across threads!

I too decided to do something about it. Here is what I thought, I will do.

Morning street experience...-slide1.gif

Morning street experience...-slide2.gif

And on the inside it would say....

Morning street experience...-slide3.gif

Hehehe... please dont take it to heart. Is is just that the 'joker' in me is trying hard... trying a little too hard to be funny.

On a serious note, I am sure the first thing I will do today and from then on, as soon as I turn the key, I will be to check the instrument panel and ensure that there are no warning lamps glowing.
Thanks to you. Thank man!

@sam_boy
Hay, you are an RJ in making.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 4th February 2009 at 15:29. Reason: Added a note to samboy
Old 4th February 2009, 16:02   #26
BHPian

the cracked windsheild in the pic you chose says it all . dont fix something that aint broken, its easier looking at the instrument cluster. ha ha
Old 4th February 2009, 16:09   #27
BANNED

Isn't it easier to have a sticker that says:

"If you see this driver ogling at you, please call *number* immediately"
Old 4th February 2009, 16:17   #28
BHPian

thats lesson 1 of " seekho hrag ke saath , ladki pataane ki do baat"
Old 4th February 2009, 16:37   #29
BHPian

More lessions to come ? hrag , waiting for more inputs
Old 4th February 2009, 16:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

hrag please share some insights. Looks like you taken over salmans Prem bhai role from No entry:-).

Well am sure someone will be changing his time of exit according to a school bus;-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks