Team-BHP - Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/55334-hyderabad-updates-traffic-diversions-road-expansions-alternate-routes-etc-101.html)

Hi All,

Have a questions that might be off topic..

with the metro works gaining momentum on the Mettuguda-Begumpet stretch, was wondering what would happen to paradise, old airport and the Begumpet flyovers ?

I saw pillars being erected right on the path leading to these flyovers. So, will the flyovers make way for the metro corridors or is there are an alternate plan to leave the flyovers untouched ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int (Post 3076245)
was wondering what would happen to paradise, old airport and the Begumpet flyovers ?

There was a news report some time back that the metro tracks would run parallel to the existing flyovers on the SP Road stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3076266)
There was a news report some time back that the metro tracks would run parallel to the existing flyovers on the SP Road stretch.

The pillars being erected near the old airport flyover is right on the path leading to the flyover. There is no way that it can run parallel unless they have plans to deviate the path from the flyover and acquire adjacent airport land or commercial establishments close to the flyover. Is there are a blue print or any such communication showing the detailed plan of the metro works ?

Makes me wonder what they're going to do at the Alluddin building with the already very narrow road there. To be honest, none of these flyovers are capable of handling current day traffic and are best pulled down to let metro have some breathing space. The most useless flyover of them all has to be the airport one, with the airport now closed.

@hellmet: The dividers in front of the Aladdin mansion just before the start of the flyover have been shifted by around 3-4 feet towards the right. This will create some breathing space but its just not enough for the quantum of traffic that flows through this place

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int (Post 3076287)
The pillars being erected near the old airport flyover is right on the path leading to the flyover. There is no way that it can run parallel unless they have plans to deviate the path from the flyover and acquire adjacent airport land or commercial establishments close to the flyover. Is there are a blue print or any such communication showing the detailed plan of the metro works ?

Actually if you look at the pillar closest to the airport flyover when coming from Rasoolpura side, it is pointed towards the right. So the metro line would definitely be going parallel to the airport flyover and that too towards the old airport side. If you happen to visit Tarnaka, you will see that the metro line is turned towards the OU side of the flyover with pillars erected bang in the middle of the road. :Shockked:

Expect tough times ahead with harrowing traffic jams and flared tempers during peak hours.

Is there a service lane for bikes between the Patencheru - Narsingi stretch beside the ORR?

:OT Can anyone point me to a place that sells cast-iron cookware (anywhere in the city) ? I'm looking to start using my induction stove and I like cast iron for cooking (used one solid skillet in the US for 3 years). Looking to buy flat based kadais. I'm guessing Rani Gunj or areas close-by, but not sure.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3093845)
:OT Can anyone point me to a place that sells cast-iron cookware (anywhere in the city) ?

Siddamber Bazaar is the place.You have lots of shops which sells cookware.

Waseem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 3095064)
Waseem.

Waseem Bhai, I was planning to suggest the same but stepped back as he said he wants to use it on the Induction Stove, so was kind of confused if our Siddiamber Bazaar maal works on Induction Stove.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 3095064)

Waseem.

Thanks! Will check it out this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 3095253)
Waseem Bhai, I was planning to suggest the same but stepped back as he said he wants to use it on the Induction Stove, so was kind of confused if our Siddiamber Bazaar maal works on Induction Stove.

As long as it is made of good old iron (the tawas used for rotis), it should work on induction too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3095263)
As long as it is made of good old iron (the tawas used for rotis), it should work on induction too.

I have a Iron Tawa that I bought long back in Gurudwara Lane, Ameerpet.
The shop still exists. Maybe they still sell these tawa's.

But the tawa is damn heavy. Also its not exactly very smooth or polished on the bottom part.

I fear that using it on the glass top of an induction stove might result in scratches etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3095263)

The only issue would be the base/bottom would not be flat. Don't really know, if it would work on your induction stove. However, if you are looking for a normal stove, then this works like wonders and it made of iron and is heavy. Bajaj Saab bought one from the same location to make chole's.

@bblost, my friend, thank you. Ameerpet kind of falls on my way home from office so I ventured into the Gurudwara Ln today, asked around and was pointed to a tiny shop in the gully. This guy still sells cast iron kadais and tawas and luckily for me, these people seem to have 'upgraded' their line of items for I found flat base, smooth finish iron kadais among several other interesting items. I got myself this, it's light enough and works well on my induction. It's nowhere close to the thickness of my skillet I owned earlier, but it will do:

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-img_3594.jpg

@SILVERWOOD, @traveloholic. Thank you too! Will check stores in that bazaar when I'm there ( I usually cringe at the idea of going to Koti ), in the hope I'll find something interesting there ( I like collecting items I can pass on to my future generations).

And sorry for badly hijacking this thread. I wish we had a "Where can I find this item" thread on our forum, but again isn't this forum about cars? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3060538)
I stay near to kompally and my work place is in Patancheru. I use the ORR daily. I take the ORR from Medchal (Exit 6) to Patancheru (Exit 3).

The ORR from Exit 3 to Exit 6 is 53kms and 1 hour. Yes the distance is but a peace of mind and quiet roads.

I know that the ORR is a toll road between the junction of ORR with Vijayawada Junction and the junction of ORR with Bangalore Highway at Shamshabad.

It is also a toll road between Shamshabad and Gachibowli.

What I do not know is whether it is a toll road between Gachibowli and Mumbai Highway (Patancheru)?

Is it a toll road between Mumbai Highway (Patancheru) and Nagpur Highway (Medchal)?

Is it a toll road between Nagpur Highway (Medchal) and Karimnagar Highway (Shamirpet)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 3097076)
...What I do not know is whether it is a toll road between Gachibowli and Mumbai Highway (Patancheru)?

Technically, the road from Gachibowli is a feeder road to the ORR. It is toll-free and two / three wheelers are permitted until the exit of Financial District. Post that it is a toll road. You take the left exit for going towards APPA Junction or carry on straight to go towards Patancheru. It is a toll road till Patancheru and Vijayawada Exits.

Quote:

Is it a toll road between Mumbai Highway (Patancheru) and Nagpur Highway (Medchal)?

No toll is collected between Patancheru and Medchal as of now.

Quote:

Is it a toll road between Nagpur Highway (Medchal) and Karimnagar Highway (Shamirpet)?

This even I do not know stupid:.