Team-BHP - Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/55334-hyderabad-updates-traffic-diversions-road-expansions-alternate-routes-etc-102.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 3097076)

Is it a toll road between Nagpur Highway (Medchal) and Karimnagar Highway (Shamirpet)?

Other questions have been answered by Lucifer already. The entire stretch from Patancheru to Shamirpet is toll free as of now since they have not been able to identify an agency to collect toll for now. I read somewhere that the first auction did not get enough participation.

Thanks all for the update.

Guys, Which is the RTO office for paying road tax from other state, Some says its Kiratabad, some Medhipatnam. NOC is issued to Hyderabad City. I stay in Kondapur.

Also where do we buy Stamp paper in Hyderabad, is it post office?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 3099678)
Guys, Which is the RTO office for paying road tax from other state, Some says its Kiratabad, some Medhipatnam. NOC is issued to Hyderabad City. I stay in Kondapur.

Also where do we buy Stamp paper in Hyderabad, is it post office?

The RTO is dependent on your pincode and is usually the one nearest to your residence.Stamp paper vendors near RTAs,vendors near court complexes all sell stamp papers

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 3099678)

Hyderabad City means Khairatabad.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3099700)
The RTO is dependent on your pincode and is usually the one nearest to your residence.Stamp paper vendors near RTAs,vendors near court complexes all sell stamp papers

Since he lives in Kondapur, Kondapur RTO is the right office for getting the road tax papers processed.

Payment of the road tax will have to be done at Mee-Seva.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 3100260)
Hyderabad City means Khairatabad.

Since he lives in Kondapur, Kondapur RTO is the right office for getting the road tax papers processed.

Payment of the road tax will have to be done at Mee-Seva.

Ya, Its Khairatabad had been there yesterday. Kondapur RTO don't process any out station tax process.

Some news about the metro rail

Quote:

[Metro rail] will also be crossing over flyovers at Greenlands, Hi-Tec City, Punjagutta, Nalgonda crossroads and Narayanguda crossroads while it will be built alongside the flyovers of Tarnaka, Hari Hara Kala Bhavan, CTO, Airport, Begumpet and Khairatabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3100944)
Some news about the metro rail

[Metro rail] will also be crossing over flyovers at Greenlands, Hi-Tec City, Punjagutta, Nalgonda crossroads and Narayanguda crossroads while it will be built alongside the flyovers of Tarnaka, Hari Hara Kala Bhavan, CTO, Airport, Begumpet and Khairatabad.

If "Greenlands" is one flyover and "Airport" is another one, then which one is "Begumpet"?

PS : What I could deduce is that by "Airport" they mean the one at Old Airport, by "Greenlands" they mean the one from opposite ITC Kakatiya till Lifestyle and from "Begumpet" they mean the "Greenlands" one itself but from Lifestyle till Varun Motors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 3101092)
If "Greenlands" is one flyover and "Airport" is another one, then which one is "Begumpet"?

PS : What I could deduce is that by "Airport" they mean the one at Old Airport, by "Greenlands" they mean the one from opposite ITC Kakatiya till Lifestyle and from "Begumpet" they mean the "Greenlands" one itself but from Lifestyle till Varun Motors.

Yup. That seems to be the logic. Actually, they have made markings on the road that leads from Varun motors towards begumpet railway station. Looks like some pillars will be erected from the sewage canal that passes below.

A sobering thought.

In the past 3 years, 419 people died on the roads that I travel on everyday between my home and office.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13041...ap-it-corridor

I'm not sure if anybody has posted about the ORR stretch from Shamirpet (Karimnagar Highway) to Patancheru (Mumbai highway) on this thread. I do know that a4anurag uses a part of this stretch from Nagpur highway.

I did this some time ago, as most of it is toll free, so here is the update:-
  1. ORR entry is before Shamirpet and well-marked. The 10 km stretch towards Nagpur highway and thereon towards Patancheru is not complete. After 7 kms, there is a diversion to the right and one needs to travel 3 kms on the ORR meant for opposite direction traffic. One needs to exit right at NH7, drive towards Nagpur for 2.5 kms and then take an exit to the left, which is a two-way state road. There are one or two small boards for this left turn, and they are not prominent, so can be missed if one drives fast. After around 1.8 kms, one needs to enter the ORR by taking a right turn after passing underneath the bridge on which the ORR is located.
  2. The stretch from there till Gachibowli Jn is around 56 kms. The stretch till Patancheru is around 27 kms and quite desolate. After the toll booth at Patancheru, one gets to see some vehicles.
Summary : Total ORR stretch: 70 kms. Toll : Rs 20 (no toll from Shamirpet till Patancheru as of now).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3111822)
[*]The stretch from there till Gachibowli Jn is around 56 kms. The stretch till Patancheru is around 27 kms and quite desolate. After the toll booth at Patancheru, one gets to see some vehicles.[/list]Summary : Total ORR stretch: 70 kms. Toll : Rs 20 (no toll from Shamirpet till Patancheru as of now).

You are right. I used this a couple of times to go to Kondapur from Kompally. I use it only when I need to go to office quickly and want to escape the Hitech City Railway stations traffic. It almost takes 40 mins to get through that stretch :Frustrati The only draw back is I have to travel 75 km instead of the usual 25 kms. But, this route sure gets me to Kondapur fast, in about an hr and 10 mins from Kompally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inquilab28 (Post 3114734)
You are right. I used this a couple of times to go to Kondapur from Kompally. I use it only when I need to go to office quickly and want to escape the Hitech City Railway stations traffic. It almost takes 40 mins to get through that stretch :Frustrati The only draw back is I have to travel 75 km instead of the usual 25 kms. But, this route sure gets me to Kondapur fast, in about an hr and 10 mins from Kompally.

That's the precise reason why A4anurag uses that stretch regularly. He travels from Kompally to Patancheru area.

Meanwhile, the TOI says the fly over for Hitech City Station will be put into service by mid-May. Looks like that will give you some respite. I'm sure many will heave a sigh of relief. The darn thing took more than 5 years.

This apart, I think rents in Malaysian Township area will shoot up shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3115583)
Meanwhile, the TOI says the fly over for Hitech City Station will be put into service by mid-May. Looks like that will give you some respite. I'm sure many will heave a sigh of relief. The darn thing took more than 5 years.

Looking @ how things are progressing, I wont be surprised if it takes another 3 months from now. Mid May looks very distant to be honest. Lets hope for the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3115583)
That's the precise reason why A4anurag uses that stretch regularly. He travels from Kompally to Patancheru area.

You are right I guess with respect to the Flyover finishing part. The thing is getting decorated and might probably open too today. One thing I don't understand, are the 2 triangles that are coming out of the flyover just above the tracks.
And I am planning to not use the flyover for the first one month at leaststupid: Ill post the pictures of the flyover soon.