Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 11:48   #1516
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Is it a toll road between Nagpur Highway (Medchal) and Karimnagar Highway (Shamirpet)?
Other questions have been answered by Lucifer already. The entire stretch from Patancheru to Shamirpet is toll free as of now since they have not been able to identify an agency to collect toll for now. I read somewhere that the first auction did not get enough participation.
Old 18th April 2013, 12:26   #1517
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Thanks all for the update.
Old 20th April 2013, 08:29   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Which is the RTO office for paying road tax from other state, Some says its Kiratabad, some Medhipatnam. NOC is issued to Hyderabad City. I stay in Kondapur.

Also where do we buy Stamp paper in Hyderabad, is it post office?
Old 20th April 2013, 09:12   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Guys, Which is the RTO office for paying road tax from other state, Some says its Kiratabad, some Medhipatnam. NOC is issued to Hyderabad City. I stay in Kondapur.

Also where do we buy Stamp paper in Hyderabad, is it post office?
The RTO is dependent on your pincode and is usually the one nearest to your residence.Stamp paper vendors near RTAs,vendors near court complexes all sell stamp papers
Old 21st April 2013, 07:39   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hyderabad City means Khairatabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The RTO is dependent on your pincode and is usually the one nearest to your residence.Stamp paper vendors near RTAs,vendors near court complexes all sell stamp papers
Since he lives in Kondapur, Kondapur RTO is the right office for getting the road tax papers processed.

Payment of the road tax will have to be done at Mee-Seva.
Old 21st April 2013, 10:12   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad City means Khairatabad.

Since he lives in Kondapur, Kondapur RTO is the right office for getting the road tax papers processed.

Payment of the road tax will have to be done at Mee-Seva.
Ya, Its Khairatabad had been there yesterday. Kondapur RTO don't process any out station tax process.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:33   #1522
BHPian

Some news about the metro rail

Quote:
[Metro rail] will also be crossing over flyovers at Greenlands, Hi-Tec City, Punjagutta, Nalgonda crossroads and Narayanguda crossroads while it will be built alongside the flyovers of Tarnaka, Hari Hara Kala Bhavan, CTO, Airport, Begumpet and Khairatabad.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:58   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Some news about the metro rail

[Metro rail] will also be crossing over flyovers at Greenlands, Hi-Tec City, Punjagutta, Nalgonda crossroads and Narayanguda crossroads while it will be built alongside the flyovers of Tarnaka, Hari Hara Kala Bhavan, CTO, Airport, Begumpet and Khairatabad.
If "Greenlands" is one flyover and "Airport" is another one, then which one is "Begumpet"?

PS : What I could deduce is that by "Airport" they mean the one at Old Airport, by "Greenlands" they mean the one from opposite ITC Kakatiya till Lifestyle and from "Begumpet" they mean the "Greenlands" one itself but from Lifestyle till Varun Motors.
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:03   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
If "Greenlands" is one flyover and "Airport" is another one, then which one is "Begumpet"?

PS : What I could deduce is that by "Airport" they mean the one at Old Airport, by "Greenlands" they mean the one from opposite ITC Kakatiya till Lifestyle and from "Begumpet" they mean the "Greenlands" one itself but from Lifestyle till Varun Motors.
Yup. That seems to be the logic. Actually, they have made markings on the road that leads from Varun motors towards begumpet railway station. Looks like some pillars will be erected from the sewage canal that passes below.
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:23   #1525
Team-BHP Support

A sobering thought.

In the past 3 years, 419 people died on the roads that I travel on everyday between my home and office.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13041...ap-it-corridor

Last edited by bblost : 2nd May 2013 at 16:34.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:43   #1526
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if anybody has posted about the ORR stretch from Shamirpet (Karimnagar Highway) to Patancheru (Mumbai highway) on this thread. I do know that a4anurag uses a part of this stretch from Nagpur highway.

I did this some time ago, as most of it is toll free, so here is the update:-
  1. ORR entry is before Shamirpet and well-marked. The 10 km stretch towards Nagpur highway and thereon towards Patancheru is not complete. After 7 kms, there is a diversion to the right and one needs to travel 3 kms on the ORR meant for opposite direction traffic. One needs to exit right at NH7, drive towards Nagpur for 2.5 kms and then take an exit to the left, which is a two-way state road. There are one or two small boards for this left turn, and they are not prominent, so can be missed if one drives fast. After around 1.8 kms, one needs to enter the ORR by taking a right turn after passing underneath the bridge on which the ORR is located.
  2. The stretch from there till Gachibowli Jn is around 56 kms. The stretch till Patancheru is around 27 kms and quite desolate. After the toll booth at Patancheru, one gets to see some vehicles.
Summary : Total ORR stretch: 70 kms. Toll : Rs 20 (no toll from Shamirpet till Patancheru as of now).
Old 7th May 2013, 09:47   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
[*]The stretch from there till Gachibowli Jn is around 56 kms. The stretch till Patancheru is around 27 kms and quite desolate. After the toll booth at Patancheru, one gets to see some vehicles.[/list]Summary : Total ORR stretch: 70 kms. Toll : Rs 20 (no toll from Shamirpet till Patancheru as of now).
You are right. I used this a couple of times to go to Kondapur from Kompally. I use it only when I need to go to office quickly and want to escape the Hitech City Railway stations traffic. It almost takes 40 mins to get through that stretch The only draw back is I have to travel 75 km instead of the usual 25 kms. But, this route sure gets me to Kondapur fast, in about an hr and 10 mins from Kompally.
Old 7th May 2013, 21:18   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquilab28 View Post
You are right. I used this a couple of times to go to Kondapur from Kompally. I use it only when I need to go to office quickly and want to escape the Hitech City Railway stations traffic. It almost takes 40 mins to get through that stretch The only draw back is I have to travel 75 km instead of the usual 25 kms. But, this route sure gets me to Kondapur fast, in about an hr and 10 mins from Kompally.
That's the precise reason why A4anurag uses that stretch regularly. He travels from Kompally to Patancheru area.

Meanwhile, the TOI says the fly over for Hitech City Station will be put into service by mid-May. Looks like that will give you some respite. I'm sure many will heave a sigh of relief. The darn thing took more than 5 years.

This apart, I think rents in Malaysian Township area will shoot up shortly.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:58   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, the TOI says the fly over for Hitech City Station will be put into service by mid-May. Looks like that will give you some respite. I'm sure many will heave a sigh of relief. The darn thing took more than 5 years.

Looking @ how things are progressing, I wont be surprised if it takes another 3 months from now. Mid May looks very distant to be honest. Lets hope for the best!
Inquilab28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 13:43   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
That's the precise reason why A4anurag uses that stretch regularly. He travels from Kompally to Patancheru area.

You are right I guess with respect to the Flyover finishing part. The thing is getting decorated and might probably open too today. One thing I don't understand, are the 2 triangles that are coming out of the flyover just above the tracks.
And I am planning to not use the flyover for the first one month at least Ill post the pictures of the flyover soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks