Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 12:23   #1396
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

We too shelled out Rs 20/- on Saturday at Spar, and unlike quite a few other such supermarket parking lots these charges are not refunded/adjusted against your bill here. At least that should be the case if the idea is to forbid free-loaders.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:41   #1397
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

This may sound cheap. But as we are talking about parking charges, I discovered the below or rather did on purpose

You can avoid parking fees in Lifestyle, Begumpet by parking in the OHRIs Jiva/De Thali behind White House building. You have to go till the end. 3 reasons I do it.

1) No parking charge.
2) Safer, because it is open and OHRIs have attendants to keep lurkers at bay.
3) Lifestyle cellar parking has very less or no light at all.
4) You get to walk till lifestyle. Work out... No?

However, do not pull this stunt at shady places/malls.
Old 13th December 2012, 19:09   #1398
Senior - BHPian

While returning from Mody Ford at Gunrock Enc today, I found the road from Diamond Point to Bantia Gardens closed for repair, forcing me to go straight towards Bapuji Nagar and then turn left towards Tadbund.

Luckily it was at 430 pm. I can imagine the torture after 6 pm on that stretch!!
Old 14th December 2012, 09:52   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
While returning from Mody Ford at Gunrock Enc today, I found the road from Diamond Point to Bantia Gardens closed for repair, forcing me to go straight towards Bapuji Nagar and then turn left towards Tadbund.

Luckily it was at 430 pm. I can imagine the torture after 6 pm on that stretch!!
Update: Road was open this morning.
Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 10:04   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, as the entry ramp to the Gachibowli is not ready yet due to a couple of issues, they have made the Financial District Exit Ramp as Gachibowli Entry Ramp too. The road is divided into 2 parts and the left ramp functions as entry ramp for Financial District to Gachibowli, where as Right Ramp functions as exit Ramp from Patencheru to Financial District.
Got a chance to use this entry point to ORR from Waverock. I was a little confused about which side of the ORR flyover I should enter from, as there is one to the right side of the road before the flyover, and two after passing under the flyover, one on either side.

After enquiry, I found out that I need to take the one before the flyover that is on the right side , giving an impression that we are going against the flow of traffic. So to rephrase Nikhil's words, the exit ramp of the ORR from Patancheru to Financial district has been bifurcated at the center, where the left part takes us towards Gachibowli, while the right part is a normal exit from the ORR. The only dicey part is taking a U turn on reaching the ORR, where one needs to watch out for speeding vehicles.
Old 14th December 2012, 16:20   #1401
PVS
BHPian

I stay close to Shanker Mutt - opposite the road connecting Shanker Mutt & Shivam, close to the rail underbridge. Off late, traffic on this particular stretch had become unbearable - traffic coming in from the Barkathpura side headed towards No: 6 junction, was unable to take a right turn near the Fever Hospital and had to continue straight towards Nallakunta, take any of the bye lanes, and join Shivam again.

Add to this, is the congestion near Shanker Mutt, on account of the large influx of devotees intending to have a darshan of the visiting pontiff from Sringeri.

But now, there has been a 1 way enforced in the evenings, on this road, and things have started coming back to normalcy, which has proven to be a big relief!

I commute daily from Shanker Mutt to Mindspace and take the old Bombay route via Mehdipatnam, L-Pul. It works out to 20 Kms each way, and am able to make it in about an hour in peak traffic conditions. Am finding this route to be better than the conventional route via Road No: 36, Taj Krishna and Khairatabad Cross Roads.
Old 17th December 2012, 22:03   #1402
BANNED

Not an update exactly but just a small piece of information for all the other readers and ORR users.

The Exit/Entry points for the part of ORR that I use are as following:

This is from Patancheru (Muthangi) side towards Medchal.

Exit Point 3: Patancheru/Mumbai

Exit Point 4: I.D.A Bollaram/Sulthanpur

Exit Point 5: Medak Road/Balanagar

Exit Point 6: Medchal/Nagpur

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 18th December 2012, 08:18   #1403
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post

Update: Road was open this morning.
This road is closed today for repairs.
Old 18th December 2012, 11:26   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Please avoid taking the Balamrai road to go to Tarbund, i was badly struck for nearly an hour last week.HMWSSB has dug up half of the road for laying sewage lines.

Waseem.
Old 18th December 2012, 14:44   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
This road is closed today for repairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Guys,

Please avoid taking the Balamrai road to go to Tarbund, i was badly struck for nearly an hour last week.HMWSSB has dug up half of the road for laying sewage lines.

Waseem.
Given the fact that both approaches to Bowenpally are not recommended, I guess one should go in a chopper !

The other option from Panjagutta is via Dharam Karan road and Balanagar, which is also darned messy. So that leaves us with only one option which is via Paradise flyover, Lamba theatre and Picket.
Old 18th December 2012, 14:50   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

That gunrock road is closed from a few weeks now. A friend who lives in Sikh village posted on HTP long back asking only people living in that area to take that route

Talk about vested interests
Old 18th December 2012, 15:17   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that leaves us with only one option which is via Paradise flyover, Lamba theatre and Picket.
+1 on this Venu Saar.

My uncle stays in Bapuji Nagar(Near Center Point) and they use Paradise flyover-Lamba theater- Picket road to reach diamond point and then thy take the Asian paints colony road to reach Bapuji Nagar.

Waseem.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:49   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
My uncle stays in Bapuji Nagar(Near Center Point) and they use Paradise flyover-Lamba theater- Picket road to reach diamond point and then thy take the Asian paints colony road to reach Bapuji Nagar.
Please stop using this internal road as it is very disturbing to my uncle who lives next to Asian Paints Colony.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:06   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Please stop using this internal road as it is very disturbing to my uncle who lives next to Asian Paints Colony.
OT

Bajaj Sahb.

Let both our uncles talk and sort this out.

BTW-My uncle is a retired Lieutenant general and his last posting was general officer commanding-in-chief (GOC-in-C) of southern command.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 18th December 2012 at 16:09.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:08   #1410
Senior - BHPian

ORR:Shamirpet-Gachibowli

Hi All,

I have 2 queries:
  1. How far is the ORR junction on Shamirpet road from Trimulgherry X Roads?Has anyone travelled this stretch from Shamirpet to Gachibowli?
  1. From Kompally how do I get onto the ORR to go towards G'bowli?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks