Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 13:28   #2086
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

2 out 4 lanes are closing for Black topping from Exit Dindigul Exit towards Medchal Exit. Keep an eye as they arent clearly marked and might surprise you.
Only 2 lanes are operating and sometimes, you might find a water tanker watering the plants or a wrong route running lorry carry Tar/Cement.
Old 1st October 2023, 14:34   #2087
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Fellow office goers in Hyderabad, please post any traffic updates in this thread so that we can plan accordingly. Last week in Mindspace there was huge bottle neck and one gentleman's whatsapp pic helped us to avoid that as we logged off a little late to avoid it. Let's utilise this thread. If there is any other thread were we get the updates please guide me to it
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 17:30   #2088
BHPian

Yesterday on the 1st October, JNTU KPHB had seen worst section where each km took about an hour so.
Milad un Nabi procession followed by the new Lulu mall made the mess completely uncontrollable. As a result, the internal roads of phase 1-3 are filled with vehicles.

Mindspace and other IT areas are almost with regular traffic. AMB Gacchibowli is opened for traffic (pretty old news)
And a new solar backed cycle track is opened at Narsingi adjacent to ORR on the My Home Avatar stretch. Wonder who will drive up to this section and enjoy a bicycle ride.

Do not forget that the new airport metro planned goes on same stretch.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 18:07   #2089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Wonder who will drive up to this section and enjoy a bicycle ride.

I used to regularly cycle from TSPA junction till Madhapur on the service road between 2012 and 2018.

I stopped cycling to work because of the increasing traffic on that road.

Thanks to this cycle track, I will resume cycling to work.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 14:54   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, a bit of advice from Hyderabad members here.

I have to go for US visa biometrics at Hi tech city metro station at 1200 h on 23 jan and consulate at Nanakramguda at 0800 h on 24th. Will be staying in a hotel close to either place. Plan to reach Hyderabad airport early on 23rd.

my questions are
1. Where would I get good choice of hotels? Budget 6/8 k per night
2. What mode of transport to/from airport is recommended?
3. Any other advice as I'm a novice in Hyderabad regarding Traffic, metro, uber availability, etc.

Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 17:55   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

my questions are
1. Where would I get good choice of hotels? Budget 6/8 k per night
2. What mode of transport to/from airport is recommended?
3. Any other advice as I'm a novice in Hyderabad regarding Traffic, metro, uber availability, etc.

Thanks
1. Lemon Tree hotel: Very close to Hitec-city Metro.
2. OLA/RAPIDO/UBER. There are also Electric Busses from Airport to Gachibowli. (Not very sure if they go via Bio-diversity Park towards Hitec-city. Please enquire before getting in)
3. Transport is very convenient. Nothing to worry.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th December 2023 at 20:05. Reason: Quote tags
Old 17th December 2023, 21:37   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
1. Lemon Tree hotel: Very close to Hitec-city Metro.
2. OLA/RAPIDO/UBER. There are also Electric Busses from Airport to Gachibowli. (Not very sure if they go via Bio-diversity Park towards Hitec-city. Please enquire before getting in)
3. Transport is very convenient. Nothing to worry.
1. On Gmaps found Lemon tree very close to US Embassy. Is there another one near Hi Tech city metro station?

2. Route AJ goes to Miyapuri via Gachibowli and Hi Tech city. But I can't find its route on the net. OTOH Fare and schedule is well publicised. Perhaps Ola /uber would be more convinient to/from airport.

3. How functional is the metro?
Old 18th December 2023, 12:43   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
1. On Gmaps found Lemon tree very close to US Embassy. Is there another one near Hi Tech city metro station?

2. Route AJ goes to Miyapuri via Gachibowli and Hi Tech city. But I can't find its route on the net. OTOH Fare and schedule is well publicised. Perhaps Ola /uber would be more convinient to/from airport.

I think Lemon tree is the best option as it is walkable to Raidurg metro. Other one you can try is Trident which is on same road probably a km from lemon tree but you might need a rapido/ola to hi tech metro.
Route AJ I don't think you can find on net because it isn't straight forward route. It is more like going around and covering more stops so maps won't show it. But from airport you can totally rely on Pushpak services especially for hi-tech city.
As long as you avoid the peak time of office you are good with metro and nothing to worry about. In peak time as you can guess you might have to wait for another round before you get in due to crowd. But very good frequency and wait time isn't much.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 22:14   #2094
BHPian

Quote:

1. Yes, there are a bunch of Lemon Tree Hotels in Hyderabad.
Lemon Tree Premier , Hitech city ( it sits right next to Raidurg Metro Station) is very close to the Hitech City Metro, where US VAC Biometrics is located in its concourse.
Do not confuse the Lemon Tree, Hitech City with the Hitech city metro - the area is called Hitech City, but the hotel is adjacent to the Raidurg Metro station.

If you book your stay there, You can walk out, take metro in Raidurg station, get down at Hitech City station , which is the next station and submit your biometrics.

But it is not so close to the embassy. As you have to reach the embassy at 8, it may not be advisable.

The Lemon Tree you are talking about is Lemon tree, Gachibowli which is close to the US Embassy.

My advise - Book the Lemon Tree, Gachibowli as it is close to the US Embassy where your slot is at 8 am, easier to reach in the morning.

For biometrics, you can take uber/auto from Lemon Tree to US VAC @Hitech City Metro, it is not too far and since the slot is at 11 am, you can dump your luggage at the hotel, take an uber - it should not take 45 min even in peak traffic.

2. Take that bus, get down at Gachibowli , take an uber to the Lemon Tree, Gachibowli- not too far. Or you can also directly go to the Biometrics if you do not have much luggage- for that, take the same bus, get down at Kothaguda cross roads and book a cab to Hitech City metro - less than 5km !

3. As functional as it can get- Metro has become the chief source of conveyance for most of the people staying near the metro lines.

Last edited by poised2drive : 18th December 2023 at 22:15.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 10:04   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Route AJ I don't think you can find on net because it isn't straight forward route. It is more like going around and covering more stops so maps won't show it. But from airport you can totally rely on Pushpak services especially for hi-tech city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

My advise - Book the Lemon Tree, Gachibowli as it is close to the US Embassy where your slot is at 8 am, easier to reach in the morning.

For biometrics, you can take uber/auto from Lemon Tree to US VAC @Hitech City Metro, it is not too far and since the slot is at 11 am, you can dump your luggage at the hotel, take an uber - it should not take 45 min even in peak traffic.

2. Take that bus, get down at Gachibowli , take an uber to the Lemon Tree, Gachibowli- not too far. Or you can also directly go to the Biometrics if you do not have much luggage- for that, take the same bus, get down at Kothaguda cross roads and book a cab to Hitech City metro - less than 5km !

3. As functional as it can get- Metro has become the chief source of conveyance for most of the people staying near the metro lines.
Thanks for the excellent, informative post (that's what I love about members here).

I have taken your suggestion completely.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:46   #2096
BHPian

Wanted to check if anybody has parked a car while attending a cricket match at the Rajiv Gandhi International cricket stadium at Uppal? The nearest metro station is "stadium" on the blue line which has bike parking but not sure about cars.

This is for the India England test match starting this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks