Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 17:55   #2026
BANNED

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

FASTag will be ready for public use on the ORR from tonight (after 00:00).
Old 10th December 2018, 18:05   #2027
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And I don't think there is a discounted rate on ORR if the return is made within 24 hours. So will the Highway discount of returning on the same day apply to ORR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Will talk to the toll in-charge and update the thread if I get any concrete information. Though the article mentions the discount part, I am not fully sure.
I think it is talking about the round-trip discounted charges which is already in place. You pay "2x-y" instead of "x+x" but you have to return via the same entry and exit points. Not sure of the 24 hours validity but I have used it for 10-12 hour round-trip.

Edit: The charges for entry/exit at Gachibowli and Shamshabad toll plaza is much higher due to higher traffic movement. If you enter/exit at Financial District toll and the Bangalore highway toll plaza, the charges are much lower even if you have covered similar distance on the ORR. This could be beneficial for people living in Lingampally or Nallagandla.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th December 2018 at 18:09.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 13:12   #2028
Senior - BHPian

After a gap of many months, I used the ORR to RGIA at 11 pm last night from Hitech City.
I discovered that at the Nanakramguda toll (where they hand over a slip for your entry), Fastag was accepted only on the leftmost toll. I had taken the central one, so I missed using it.

Also, at the exit toll on the Blr Hyd highway, the rightmost toll scans Fastags. I don't remember seeing any signboards indicating such, but got the information from both booths by speaking to the toll booth attendants.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th December 2018 at 13:14.
Old 17th December 2018, 13:40   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad Traffic police have issued an advisory today against traveling via Rd # 12 or Cancer Hospital in view of the TRS party function at TRS Bhavan. The function was to end by 1 pm, so i guess it will be safe to go after an hour or so.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 16:05   #2030
BHPian

Quick update on the FasTag process at ORR - The office at the Gachibowli exit is working from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Entry is from the Service Lane - makes life easier.

Documents needed - Xerox copy of RC (both sides) and Any one Address proof (Aadhar, Passport, Driving License).

Activation time - 20 minutes - Fully activated.
Cost - Rs. 200 (added to your account).

Vehicle is not required to present physically.
LegalEagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 00:36   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Quick update on the FasTag process at ORR - The office at the Gachibowli exit is working from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Entry is from the Service Lane - makes life easier.

Documents needed - Xerox copy of RC (both sides) and Any one Address proof (Aadhar, Passport, Driving License).

Thanks. i already have one for the past year, and it worked like a charm on Sunday when I was driving from the airport to Gachibowli on the ORR. The lanes that allow Fastag are clearly designated, but cars without it are also using those currently. I hope this changes soon.
Old 18th December 2018, 06:09   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. i already have one for the past year, and it worked like a charm on Sunday when I was driving from the airport to Gachibowli on the ORR. The lanes that allow Fastag are clearly designated, but cars without it are also using those currently. I hope this changes soon.
The Hybrid lane is being used by both cash and Tag users. The exclusive FasTag lane was empty as usual. The good thing was the clear lane designation.

Also it appears that the response is good. Someone had sent their office staff to collect some 8-10 tags for their office vehicles.

It appears that the advantages of FasTag are finally being realised.
Old 18th December 2018, 09:42   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Hybrid lane is being used by both cash and Tag users. The exclusive FasTag lane was empty as usual. The good thing was the clear lane designation.

Also it appears that the response is good. Someone had sent their office staff to collect some 8-10 tags for their office vehicles.

It appears that the advantages of FasTag are finally being realised.
I could not figure out which lane was hybrid and which one was exclusively for Fastag. I used the one on the extreme right at Nanakramguda. The one on the extreme left was also for Fastag, and perhaps that one was the exclusive one?
Old 24th December 2018, 15:43   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Some help required from Hyderabad BHPians. I will be travelling to Hyderabad since I have a function to attend in Summer Green Resort in Shameerpet later this week. Could you please guide me on:

1. What is the best mode of transport from the domestic airport to the above resort? Will airport taxi be suitable? If yes, where is the pre paid booking counter for the airport taxis at the Hyderabad airport?

2. What is the best route from airport to this resort - will it be along the Outer Ring Road (thats what my host tells me)? How is the road condition?

3. How long would it take (approx) on a weekday morning to reach the resort from the airport?

Advice on the same would be much appreciated!!
Old 24th December 2018, 16:05   #2035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Some help required from Hyderabad BHPians. I will be travelling to Hyderabad since I have a function to attend in Summer Green Resort in Shameerpet later this week. Could you please guide me on:

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-route.png

That route highlighted in blue is the Outer Ring Road. It is beautiful and you will hardly encounter any traffic.

You can get an Uber or a Ola from the Hyderabad Airport. When you get out of the building and approach the parking lots, ask for Pick Up Point D.
That is where these cabs will come to pick you up.
The time on the ORR is not going to be dependent on the time of the day. Its quite a relaxed journey on it.

If you want to save some money, you can take the buses that ply form the Airport towards the city.
http://www.hyderabad.aero/to-from-airport.aspx?tab=bus

You will need to take the bus from Airport to JUBILEE BUS STATION.
Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 682
Size:  150.8 KB

Last edited by bblost : 24th December 2018 at 16:06.
Old 26th December 2018, 11:44   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Is it a long walk to the Ola/ Uber pickup point (from the airport exit)?

Also- apart from Ola and Uber, is it possible to get a airport cab from inside or immediately outside the airport (like a pre paid taxi booking counter)? Asking this, since there would be elderly passengers with me who may prefer walking the shortest possible distance once they land at the airport.
Old 26th December 2018, 12:18   #2037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Is it a long walk to the Ola/ Uber pickup point (from the airport exit)?
This Pickup Point is inside the Airport Parking. From the building to this point will be less than 150 meters.

Quote:
Also- apart from Ola and Uber, is it possible to get a airport cab from inside or immediately outside the airport (like a pre paid taxi booking counter)? Asking this, since there would be elderly passengers with me who may prefer walking the shortest possible distance once they land at the airport.
Pre Paid Counter is inside the building. You will cross it when you come to the exit.

Meru: When you come down the escalator to the ground floor, just proceed straight by about 10-20 meters. Its right there and you just cannot miss it.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-airport.png
Old 26th December 2018, 12:29   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The distance to the boarding point for almost all the cabs is the same.
Old 15th January 2019, 13:11   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which bank or provider is the Fastag linked to? I am curious because we have a friend's new car, and he is in the US for the next couple of months. We are planning to get a Fastag.

Further, the RC and Aadhar should both be of owner, right? in that case, we will need to contact him to share his soft copy, if he has one.
Old 15th January 2019, 14:39   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Which bank or provider is the Fastag linked to? I am curious because we have a friend's new car, and he is in the US for the next couple of months. We are planning to get a Fastag.

Further, the RC and Aadhar should both be of owner, right? in that case, we will need to contact him to share his soft copy, if he has one.
ICICI Bank is the provider. If your friend has a call bought in the last 6 months, it should come with a FasTag.

You mainly need the RC copy. Even your Aadhar copy should do. One of my colleagues took it in the same way. They arennot checking the details accurately, but want original RC and Aadhar card to be shown when you apply.

Most Viewed