Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2018, 15:29   #2011
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How's traffic today? I hope it is better, as KTR seems to have got involved in smoothening it.

On Friday, I worked from home to avoid the mayhem that lasted till evening hours.
Diversion has been removed. There was no traffic today. Please see the notice below
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-photo20181014201918.jpg  

atulsian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:23   #2012
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
How's traffic today? I hope it is better, as KTR seems to have got involved in smoothening it.

On Friday, I worked from home to avoid the mayhem that lasted till evening hours.
At the moment traffic is completely choked from Dell till CII building . It was all fine till 2 pm , not sure what has changed
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 18:48   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
At the moment traffic is completely choked from Dell till CII building . It was all fine till 2 pm , not sure what has changed
I was a victim of that. It took me only 25 minutes to reach Cyber Towers from Somajiguda, as against a normal 30 minutes. From there it took me 40 minutes to reach my office opp. Tech M. I should have turned left at Cyber Towers, but as per my habit, continued straight in order to take a left at Matushree Tiffins. It took 5 minutes extra to reach that spot, but the left turn was blocked. So I wanted to turn left at Gati, opp.Google. To my horror, even that was blocked and made one-way. The cop there asked me to take a U turn ahead and go back via Cyber Towers!

And there was no U turn possible till Kothaguda Jn. So I turned left and went via Ramky> Deloitte> Mindspace left turn and left turn at Lemon Tree. Road was smooth till HSBC, but the last 1 km took me 20 minutes.

If only traffic cops had posted updates on the new one-ways today on Facebook, I'd have saved at least 30 minutes of precious time. But the traffic gridlock near my office has vanished at 6 pm miraculously.

Let me hope my return at 10 pm is smooth, and hope things will be better sorted tomorrow.
Old 15th October 2018, 21:00   #2014
BHPian

Quote:

Let me hope my return at 10 pm is smooth, and hope things will be better sorted tomorrow.
Hopefully.traffic is back to normal in that stretch. It took me15min to cross this now.
Old 25th October 2018, 12:18   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Any changes this week? I was on leave for the past 3 days. Hope traffic is normal in the stretch from Cyber Towers to Tech M.
Old 25th October 2018, 12:55   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Any changes this week? I was on leave for the past 3 days. Hope traffic is normal in the stretch from Cyber Towers to Tech M.
Traffic is normal with the diversion removed. I hope they continue it and do not implement the diversion plan again.

Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 15:21   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Traffic is normal with the diversion removed. I hope they continue it and do not implement the diversion plan again.
Thanks
Today's newspaper carries an article saying that diversions will be implemented only in the nights.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 17:10   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Today's newspaper carries an article saying that diversions will be implemented only in the nights.
Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised to see the U turn opposite Cyber Pearl open for traffic today in the afternoon. That was my usual route till 3 months ago when they closed that U turn. Let us see how things pan out in the coming weeks.
Old 14th November 2018, 12:23   #2019
BHPian

Insane traffic from last 2 days on road leading from Masjid Banda to Botanical Garden signal. Took me more than an hour to reach Deloitte towers from Sri Ram Nagar yesterday and 50 mins today morning. And the problem is that the signal is not functioning and traffic police was doing a very average job on both the days.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 17:34   #2020
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-fb_img_1542888116229.jpg

Quote:
If you find stray cattle on roads anywhere please inform GHMC Control room (9989930460) Or CYB Traffic Police (8500411111) or report us on Social media ( FB, Twitter)
Source: CTP on Facebook.
Old 9th December 2018, 14:26   #2021
BANNED

No more waiting at ORR toll plazas

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-orr_inside.jpg

Quote:
After conducting trials and tests on the RFID FASTag Electronic Toll Collection System on the Outer Ring Road (ORR) for nearly a month, the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) is all set to roll out the system from December 11. The bank has initially established three Points of Sale at Shamshabad, Nanakramguda and Patancheru for sale of tags.

ICICI Bank is also offering commuters additional benefits for enrolling with FasTag at ORR toll plazas. Tags will be issued free of cost for all vehicle classes at the PoS. This apart, for the first 2 lakh vehicles falling under the Cars/Small Vans/Jeeps category, no security deposit will be charged. Passes are valid for 50 one-way trips in a month. Commuters will also automatically get a return discount for one return trip between a set of toll plazas within a 24 hour period.
SOURCE
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 17:14   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No more waiting at ORR toll plazas

Attachment 1826101

SOURCE
Is it a different Fastag? And what is this quota of 50 a month? What if I already have a Fastag on my car?
Old 9th December 2018, 17:43   #2023
BANNED

Quote:
Is it a different Fastag?
No. The same FASTag.

Quote:
And what is this quota of 50 a month?
Monthly pass that is issued currently has a limit of 50 trips.

Quote:
What if I already have a Fastag on my car?
Quoting from the link:

Quote:
Vehicle owners, who are already enrolled with and equipped with FasTag, can soon enjoy the benefits, which are currently being extended at National Highway toll plazas. Commuters, who want to enroll with FasTag have to visit any of the three toll plaza Points of Sale (POS) at Nanakramguda, Shamshabad and Patancheru. As demand increases, the POSs will be opened at more toll plazas.[/b]
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 10:48   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Monthly pass that is issued currently has a limit of 50 trips.

Quoting from the link:
Thanks. But is there a discounted rate currently for monthly pass? If yes, how will that discount be transitioned to Fastag?

And I don't think there is a discounted rate on ORR if the return is made within 24 hours. So will the Highway discount of returning on the same day apply to ORR?
Old 10th December 2018, 11:51   #2025
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. But is there a discounted rate currently for a monthly pass? If yes, how will that discount be transitioned to Fastag?
I don't know how the monthly pass will work out FASTag. Here's what that article says:

Quoting from the source:

Quote:
Commuters can also opt for a Monthly pass online or at the POSs for travel between any two toll plazas. Passes are valid for 50 one-way trips in a month.
Quote:
And I don't think there is a discounted rate on ORR if the return is made within 24 hours. So will the Highway discount of returning on the same day apply to ORR?
Will talk to the toll in-charge and update the thread if I get any concrete information. Though the article mentions the discount part, I am not fully sure.

Quoting from the source:

Quote:
Commuters will also automatically get a return discount for one return trip between a set of toll plazas within a 24 hour period.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks