Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 00:04   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
ICICI Bank is the provider. If your friend has a call bought in the last 6 months, it should come with a FasTag.

You mainly need the RC copy. Even your Aadhar copy should do. One of my colleagues took it in the same way. They arennot checking the details accurately, but want original RC and Aadhar card to be shown when you apply.
Thank you. Even I read somewhere that new cars now come with Fastags But I don't see it anywhere on the windscreen. I have not got the manual yet, but hope to get it this weekend.
Old 2nd February 2019, 11:36   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Even first-time traffic rule offenders are now being sent to jail in Hyderabad.

Quote:
In Hyderabad, the Kukatpally court is cracking down on traffic violators by sending them to jail – even if they are first time offenders. All traffic violations caught by the police are diverted to this court. Traffic police say the trend of awarding jail time for minor traffic offences is specific to only the Kukatpally court.
Quote:
Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, imprisonment up to three months can be awarded for driving without a valid license, giving one's vehicle to someone without a valid license and also for driving without valid vehicle insurance among other offences. Those driving under the influence of alcohol can face up to a maximum of six months imprisonment.

The court has the power to award jail time, but this is rarely exercised. "Other courts also send traffic violators to jail but at Kukatpally court the conviction rate is very high,“ says the official.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 15:09   #2043
BHPian

Last evening there was heavy traffic in and around Gachibowli and Botanical Garden. Traffic police has blocked the u-turn in front of Radisson Blu towards Kothaguda and the complete Ramky Towers lane was blocked. Took me 1 hour 15 mins to cover 5 kms between my office and home in Kondapur. Don't know what the reason was.
Old 21st February 2019, 22:15   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Last evening there was heavy traffic in and around Gachibowli and Botanical Garden. Traffic police has blocked the u-turn in front of Radisson Blu towards Kothaguda and the complete Ramky Towers lane was blocked. Took me 1 hour 15 mins to cover 5 kms between my office and home in Kondapur. Don't know what the reason was.
That's crazy. The guys from Ramky will need to drive up to Gachibowli and take a U turn in that case, if they want to go to Kothaguda.

I hope they have opened it today?
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:00   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I hope they have opened it today?
Yes. It's open now. It might be an exception that day due to some political movement as I saw policemen every 100 meters. Now it is back to normal.

Hyderabad traffic sometimes doesn't makes any sense. I completed the same stretch in 10 mins flat yesterday.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 20:06   #2046
BHPian

There is a news that I saw today in "THE HINDU", saying that, when there is a traffic jam (>20 cars per lane) on ORR toll booths, there will be no toll for the entire lane.

I'm not sure from when this will be implemented, or whether it'll be implemented at all.
But, my question is, who will check whether there are 20+ cars. Obviously, toll people will want toll. So, they'll not be bothered to check. Should the car drivers (I mean, who is driving the car) get down and check if there are more than 19+ cars ahead of him.
The condition looks ridiculous to me. May be, the main intention is to increase the no. of toll booths, especially at the main toll booths like, Nanakramguda and Shamshabad. At least, if that is done, I'll be more than happy.

Link of the news article -> https://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...le26403886.ece.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st March 2019 at 20:30. Reason: Scanned image deleted. Link added.
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:49   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra2278 View Post
There is a news that I saw today in "THE HINDU", saying that, when there is a traffic jam (>20 cars per lane) on ORR toll booths, there will be no toll for the entire lane.

I'm not sure from when this will be implemented, or whether it'll be implemented at all.
But, my question is, who will check whether there are 20+ cars. Obviously, toll people will want toll. So, they'll not be bothered to check. Should the car drivers (I mean, who is driving the car) get down and check if there are more than 19+ cars ahead of him.
The condition looks ridiculous to me. May be, the main intention is to increase the no. of toll booths, especially at the main toll booths like, Nanakramguda and Shamshabad. At least, if that is done, I'll be more than happy.

Link of the news article -> https://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...le26403886.ece.
Good reason for drivers to invest in Fast Tag and for the toll contractors to dedicate one lane for Fast Tag
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:18   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Good reason for drivers to invest in Fast Tag and for the toll contractors to dedicate one lane for Fast Tag
Even though it is also mentioned in the article that new toll booths will come in place. Even after that, I seriously doubt anyone will follow the FastTag lane properly. I mean, only FastTag users going in FastTag lane.
Why can't they have FastTag lane the way it is on Hyd-Vijayawada stretch?
1) No person present in that particular toll lane
2) A boom barrier well ahead, and and indication of FastTag even before that
3) A diversion just before the boom barrier, for non FastTag vehicles to move to other lane (even though those vehicles are not supposed to be there in the first place)
Old 6th May 2019, 20:15   #2049
BHPian

Cyberabad Traffic Police just tweeted speed rules on the ORR lanes. They have clearly indicated no slow moving vehicles in the fast lane with the maximum and minimum speeds for each lane. Also zig-zaging between lanes is going to be frowned upon. Looks like they will be focusing on the ORR for some time now.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-screenshot_20190506_195714.jpg  

DriverR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 13:31   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Cyberabad Traffic Police just tweeted speed rules on the ORR lanes. They have clearly indicated no slow moving vehicles in the fast lane with the maximum and minimum speeds for each lane. Also zig-zaging between lanes is going to be frowned upon. Looks like they will be focusing on the ORR for some time now.

There are a lot of sign boards indicating the speed limits when you enter the ORR from airport entry point, but we need to see the seriousness in enforcement. E-challans to lorries and heavy vehicles may not work and instead there should be traffic cops patrolling the ORR for such offenders.
CrankShaft05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 01:49   #2051
BHPian

@CrankShaft True, enforcement via visible patrolling is needed. Two things in the tweet was interesting for me.
1. They said no zig zaging between lanes is allowed.
2. They have defined minimum speeds for each lane. I was aware of the max speeds for the lanes but I did not know there was an official minimum speed as well.

On the whole, a good step by the police but (as you mentioned) needs proper enforcement to make it effective.
Old 19th June 2019, 22:07   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know when the PVNR Expressway be re-opened for traffic coming to the city from Shamshabad? A pal of mine had a terrible time last week, as the journey took around 90 minutes to Somajiguda instead of the normal 45 minutes.

Thankfully, the flyover is open to traffic going to the airport from the city.
Old 19th June 2019, 22:28   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
Does anyone know when the PVNR Expressway be re-opened for traffic coming to the city from Shamshabad?
Went to the airport yesterday and it looked like only ~60% of work was done. So expect a week's time for it to re-open.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 00:26   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Was happy to see last night and tonight that the original stretch of 0.5 kms to JH Check Post from Kathiawar stores on Rd # 36 has finally been reopened. That part was closed for nearly 2 years for Metro construction, thereby forcing users to take a left turn and proceed via Jubilee Hills Club, followed by a left turn to the main road and a U turn to reach the JH Check Post.

But I guess that this original route takes more time owing to the signal at Check Post, though it saves around a kilometer.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th June 2019 at 00:28.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:13   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know when the PVNR Expressway be re-opened for traffic coming to the city from Shamshabad? A pal of mine had a terrible time last week, as the journey took around 90 minutes to Somajiguda instead of the normal 45 minutes.

Thankfully, the flyover is open to traffic going to the airport from the city.
When i went to drop my folks at RGIA on Thursday night (20th June), the onward journey took 10 minutes longer, owing to 3 or 4 diversions on the stretch from Aramgarh to Shamshabad. The service roads have been widened at those places, and the original stretch is getting repaired. When the works are done, it will be a smooth ride to the airport from PVNRE. The earlier width of the highway was not sufficient to cope up with the phenomenal increase in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Went to the airport yesterday and it looked like only ~60% of work was done. So expect a week's time for it to re-open.
Google maps today indicates the route home from RGIA via PVNRE. Looks like they have opened it.
On Thursday, I took the return route via ORR and exited at APPA Jn. it was 5 kms longer, but I could reach home in 50 minutes. It would have taken much longer had I returned via the road below PVNRE. I could see lots of slow-moving vehicles on that stretch during my onward journey.

Quote:
Was happy to see last night and tonight that the original stretch of 0.5 kms to JH Check Post from Kathiawar stores on Rd # 36 has finally been reopened. That part was closed for nearly 2 years for Metro construction, thereby forcing users to take a left turn and proceed via Jubilee Hills Club, followed by a left turn to the main road and a U turn to reach the JH Check Post.
The same stretch was closed on Friday night. Looks like they are dilly-dallying.

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd June 2019 at 13:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks