Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 11:44   #1936
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Update on change of number plates in The Hindu - Government going slow on change of number plates.

Quote:

Is the ensuing Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections forcing the government go slow on the much touted GO 44 issued two months ago, making it mandatory for registration numbers with TS, of all vehicles registered in the 10 districts of the new State before its formation.

The answer seems to be yes, ...
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 20:57   #1937
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Pardon me for using this thread for yet another unrelated question. This is urgent:

I need to print about 40-50 color prints on A4 sheets tomorrow but I've been quoted 10-15Rs per print which is very steep. Anyone know of a place in Secunderabad that will print for cheaper?
Old 17th January 2016, 23:55   #1938
BHPian

Since a lot of the later discussion is about the traffic around hitech city, let me ask this.

Do you all think there is a point in making people go farther and farther forcing them to take countless U turns in a bid to ease(?) traffic? I always get baffled at why there is no traffic light in front of the Raheja Mindspace Main entrance. Now, there is all kinda of chaos due to two large stream of traffic, one coming from the Cyber Towers and the traffic out of the Mindspace itself. It's worsened by the fact that a lot of people coming out of Mindspace have to actually take a U turn and hence have to cross over to the left most lane.

Why can't we have a simple traffic light system instead which seem to work in almost every other city in the world?
Old 20th January 2016, 22:34   #1939
BHPian

Yes Traffic signal at Mindspace is needed. The U turn mania has gripped Hyd. It started during Metro construction and used on all roads devoid logic :-)
Old 12th April 2016, 10:56   #1940
BHPian

An update on the traffic changes at Mindspace junction. Got this as a fwd, and is not signed. So I am not sure of the authenticity. Folks who frequent this area can confirm...

EDIT: Found more details here

Quote:
The busy roads at Mind Space junction will be shut from April 15 to facilitate major civic works. As part of the Strategic Road Development programme, a lot of developments like building grade separator, constructing Metro Rail Station and installing pipeline will be initiated.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-traffic.jpg  

Last edited by shifu : 12th April 2016 at 10:59.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:30   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
Since a lot of the later discussion is about the traffic around hitech city, let me ask this.

Why can't we have a simple traffic light system instead which seem to work in almost every other city in the world?

i think the uturn and elimination of signals is leading to traffic decongestion and it is going pretty well
Old 25th July 2016, 11:00   #1942
BHPian

Mandatory to carry aadhar Card for all vehicle Drivers in Hyderabad and Cyberabad

Source link: http://www.indtoday.com/mandatory-to...-indtoday-com/

Quote..

Hyderabad, July 23 (Maxim News): The Deputy Commissioner of Police Traffic Cyberabad made a mandatory to all Vehicle Drivers to carry aadhar card with other relevant documents from July 24.

Keeping in view the safety and security of law abiding citizens commuting on the streets of cyberabad there is a need to strengthen the process of verification of documents to prevent the road accidents due to drunk drivers and persons with out licence.

Besides the existing mandatory requirement of carrying driving license, registration certificate etc., carrying of aadhar card by all vehicles drivers i.e. 2,3 and 4 wheelers is also mandatory from July 24, 2016 onwards in the limits of cyberabad commissionerates.

If anybody is found without carrying aadhar card along with other documents, the vehicle will be seized on the spot and a case will be booked under relevant mv act sections.

DCP Traffic Cyberabad has requested the general public to carry their aadhar card along with other documents while driving / riding a vehicle and exhibit to the police officer (traffic /l&o) where ever you are intercepted and asked for.

Unquote.

An another news article with regard to the same:

Source link: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...le-checks.html

Quote..

Hyderabad: Following the death of young Ramya in an accident, in which all the accused were minors without driving licences, the traffic police has made Aadhaar number mandatory while checking vehicles.

Traffic DCP, A.V. Ranganath said that from Tuesday, the traffic wing would insist on Aadhaar number from motorists. “If motorists fail to provide the number, the vehicle will be seized. They can either show a photostat copy, cellphone photo or at least provide the number,” he said.

He said that violations would be seeded with Aadhaar card. “Motorists without licences are being caught. Accountability of violations is not being registered. Aadhaar will be the solution for such problems,” he said. Mr Ranganath said that traffic enforcement staff have been provided hand-held devices. “These devices will have database of Aadhaar cards. If anyone provides fake Aadhaar, our staff will detect it immediately,” he said.

Unquote..
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 23:39   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Mandatory to carry aadhar Card for all vehicle Drivers in Hyderabad and Cyberabad
Aadhar card is NOT mandatory to have document per se.
Its upto an individual to get it made if they are interested in utilizing benefits attached to it.
I remember SC had issued guidelines regarding this last year.

So not sure how they will be able to prosecute drivers for not keeping it.
deepv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 07:42   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Aadhar card is NOT mandatory to have document per se.
Its upto an individual to get it made if they are interested in utilizing benefits attached to it.
I remember SC had issued guidelines regarding this last year.

So not sure how they will be able to prosecute drivers for not keeping it.
Even I had the same doubt. Let's wait and watch how traffic police act on people not carrying their Aadhar cards.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:57   #1945
BHPian

The work that is being done on the Ayyappa Society road, under the hi-tech city flyover seems to be never ending. And they seem to be digging deeper and deeper by the day. Not sure what they are digging for? Nizam's Gold?

The traffic in the evening is a mess there. If you are coming from Madhapur and take a right at the Cyber towers signal then, going straight towards KP or taking a right towards Ayyappa Society road is a headache. My 'virgin' car was hit by a water tanker there yesterday :(.

Does anyone know by when this digging work is expected to complete?
Old 19th October 2016, 10:42   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
DCP Traffic Cyberabad has requested the general public to carry their aadhar card along with other documents while driving / riding a vehicle and exhibit to the police officer (traffic /l&o) where ever you are intercepted and asked for.
Now after it was questioned in the high court the hyderabad traffic police have frantically backpedalled on their earlier grandiose plans, hurriedly assuring the judge that it wasn't a gazette or notification but merely a press note and advisory. They claim "if people don't have their DL handy they can produce their aadhaar as a form of identification"

The high court was still unimpressed and asked them under what law they issued such a press note telling people to produce Aadhaar.

Serves them right Sooner or later Aadhaar has to be banned in this country as a huge security risk for the general public and we need more such cases where the courts prevent such overzealous forcing of mandatory aadhaar.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...erabad-hc.html
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 21:13   #1947
Team-BHP Support

My car's service station is in Sanath Nagar. So I need to travel from Hi Tech City to Sanath Nagar via Moosapet.

I really don't understand the purpose of the Hi Tech city flyover built close to the railway station if we cannot use it. The traffic was diverted under the railway tracks and it is such a mess.

I am so thankful I live on the other side of Hi Tech city. If this was my daily commute I would have gone mad.

Yesterday morning I dropped my car and cycled back on this road. It was a nightmare.
Today evening I picked up my car and returned only to find it much worse.

Really sad.
Old 27th October 2016, 22:24   #1948
BHPian

It was a nightmare for a month or so when the rains lashed the city. I live in Kondapur and for me to make it across Cyber Towers and onto Mindspace was truly a nightmare. Conditions are equally worse post rains. Craters everywhere. Mighty pain. After the rains stopped, I stopped taking my car to office. I wish I had stayed a little more time abroad seeing the pathetic condition here. Nowadays, I take my bike and make it to office. It's far more tension free than taking the car.

Only the almight knows when they will fix the roads. :(
Old 28th October 2016, 16:26   #1949
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Only the almight knows when they will fix the roads. :(
Slowly and steadily they are fixing the roads. L & T has put in place paver blocks on a small section on Road 36. The road condition from Jubilee Hills Check post towards Hitech City is getting better day by day.

They have also fixed the road leading from Raheja Mindspace towards Biodiversity park. This place used to witness huge back-ups owing to the pathetic condition of the roads near the Bio Diversity signal, but now, the roads are better, and the traffic flow has eased up a bit. True, GHMC has a long way to go as far as road repairs are concerned, but it is getting there slow and steady. Let us see how long the re carpeted roads last
PVS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:35   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My car's service station is in Sanath Nagar. So I need to travel from Hi Tech City to Sanath Nagar via Moosapet.
Next time please try Via Borabanda and Motinagar and Erragadda and Sanatnagar. Still slightly bad roads but so much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Slowly and steadily they are fixing the roads. L & T has put in place paver blocks on a small section on Road 36. The road condition from Jubilee Hills Check post towards Hitech City is getting better day by day.

They have also fixed the road leading from Raheja Mindspace towards Biodiversity park. This place used to witness huge back-ups owing to the pathetic condition of the roads near the Bio Diversity signal, but now, the roads are better, and the traffic flow has eased up a bit. True, GHMC has a long way to go as far as road repairs are concerned, but it is getting there slow and steady. Let us see how long the re carpeted roads last
I see absolutely no difference in the roads from Hitech City all the way to Jubilee hills checkpost from about a month ago and since GHMC announced some 70 crore budgets to fix the roads. What is happening here? Are decent roads to travel home-work-home too much to ask for?
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks