Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 19:10   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
As I said in my earlier post, there are two entry and exit points. One, at the end of the Begumpet flyover and another one on the road which goes towards Begumpet Railway station (Beside the temples). People coming from Begumpet railway station side need not come till the end of the flyover to take the road. They have an entry and exit from their side. If you take a left on the bridge, it will lead you to Begumpet railway station. In short, the bridge is like a 'T' junction.Hope this clarifies your confusion sir.
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder which of those two options a person will use when he is traveling from Balanagar on the new flyover and wants to go towards Kundanbagh, behind Lifestyle. I guess most will be tempted to take the right fork towards the Begumpet station, then take a left towards Varun towers (not sure if that is an illegal left though). This option beats taking the left fork on the new flyover and then taking a U turn near Taj Vivanta.

And yes, option 1 will be possible only after that road near Varun Towers is re-opened.
Old 26th November 2014, 19:17   #1832
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder which of those two options a person will use when he is traveling from Balanagar on the new flyover and wants to go towards Kundanbagh, behind Lifestyle. I guess most will be tempted to take the right fork towards the Begumpet station, then take a left towards Varun towers (not sure if that is an illegal left though). This option beats taking the left fork on the new flyover and then taking a U turn near Taj Vivanta.

And yes, option 1 will be possible only after that road near Varun Towers is re-opened.
If a person coming from Balanagar towards Life style, he/she needs to take a U turn at HPS/Taj Vivanta and take the Begumpet flyover. Since the road near Varun Tower has been closed this is the only way as of now.

Last edited by JoseVijay : 26th November 2014 at 19:20.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 12:41   #1833
BHPian

Of late I have noticed that to aid those taking U turns, HTP has placed barricades around the gap in the median. I have noticed these barricades all over the city, predominantly near Miyapur and Hi-tech city. The barricades have been placed so that the vehicles taking a U turn don't have to stop for a gap in the oncoming traffic. While the usefulness and safety aspect of these barricades can be debated, I see that a lot of drivers don't utilize these barricades very well.

Most of the drivers take the red path highlighted in the image. They invariably get in the way of the oncoming traffic and then wait for a gap, defeating the whole purpose of the barricade. I take the green path, but get stuck because the driver in front of me has taken the red path and is now blocking my way.

(Sorry for the rant. I was livid today when a civic took the red path at hi-tech city, and then went the wrong way after completing the turn. To go the wrong way, he did not only wait for a gap, but he almost made the whole traffic stop!)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-uturn.jpg  

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 13:15   #1834
Senior - BHPian

There was long queue in the Gachibowli signal today morning when I came around 9.30 am and the queues were long in all the roads.

Reason: Traffic lights were working! I've noticed that whenever those signal lights were working, there is a huge queue everywhere.

Just curious if it is really the other way round - are they switching on the signals to handle a much higher traffic OR is it that the traffic volume is not increased but the design is of the signal is causing the bottleneck in an otherwise okay signal?

Would love to hear the perspectives of others who frequent that junction.
Old 1st December 2014, 22:25   #1835
BHPian

Hyderabad Traffic Police introduce Automated Red Light Violation Detection (ARLVD) and Automatic Number Place Recognition System (ANPRS)

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45314646.cms

Quote:
Traffic violators beware, city police are going high-tech for better traffic management. Believing that non-contact enforcement through use of advance technology will increase efficacy of the police and help them catch traffic violators in bigger numbers, cops are modernising the traffic management system with advance systems like the multi-purpose Automated Red Light Violation Detection (ARLVD) and Automatic Number Place Recognition System (ANPRS).

As of now, police have 10 automated red light violation detection systems installed at various important traffic junctions like KCP, Jubilee checkpost, Road No.1/10 of Banjara Hills, Sweekar Upkaar, KBR Park, Ravindra Bharati and Srinagar Colony 'T' Junction. The present system, through its cameras, captures the vehicle number plate of the offenders who jump traffic signal and also those who violate the stopline rule.

Hyderabad police are now procuring 25 more such systems, this time with advance features like overspeeding and wrong side driving detection capabilities. "The new system will be able to identify four kinds of traffic rule violations including signal jumping, stopline violation, overspeeding and wrong-side driving. The violator's vehicle registration number will be captured and an e-challan dispatched to his or her address," additional CP (traffic) Jitender said.

At present, Hyderabad police are testing cashless traffic enforcement method at various places in the city where an offender is made to pay the fine by swiping their debit/credit cards in the GPRS enabled PDAs available with the enforcing official or by visiting Mee Seva counter or traffic compounding booth. While analyzing the impact of cashless enforcement on public, police are simultaneously emphasizing on the non-contact enforcement practices like ARLVD and e-challans.

Once the non-contact enforcement comes into practice fully, police are planning to incorporate ANPRS into enforcement mechanism where an offender who does not pay e-challans will be identified when he moves on the street. The wanted offender's number plate details will be fed into the ANPRS system, which will then analyze the live feed coming from various surveillance cameras installed across the city and issue alerts if the offender's vehicle is on the road.

As of now, there are 350 traffic surveillance cameras in the city and recently the Telangana home minister announced that Rs 70 crore has been allotted for purchase and installation of 1,000 CCTV surveillance cameras in the core city and outskirts.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:53   #1836
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just wanted to check on this - while I was driving in Hyderabad in my Bangalore-registered vehicle, a traffic cop took a picture of my car voilating a stop line at Kondapur Jn.

The violation was un-intentional, of course... it so happened that a slow auto was taking a U-turn when the signal was green, and I was stuck behind it, half-way crossing the stop line, when it turned yellow-->red.

Being from Banglore, where such violations are brushed aside by traffic cops, I didn't reverse the car immidiately, when I saw the signal turn red (other local drivers did this, though!).
So now, some Hyderabad traffic cop has a picture of my car half-way across a stop line. What is next? Since it is a KA registered vehicle, do I need to search for fines in the Bangalore traffic police site? Wondering if there is some inter-state cooperation here!
I have not seen anything on the Hyderabad traffic police "search for fines" site yet. Just wondering, what to do next??
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:08   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Since it is a KA registered vehicle, do I need to search for fines in the Bangalore traffic police site? Wondering if there is some inter-state cooperation here! I have not seen anything on the Hyderabad traffic police "search for fines" site yet. Just wondering, what to do next??
Hyderabad/Cyberabad traffic challans are searchable in mee-seva site. Not sure how they handle out-of-state vehicles though.
BTW, you need to search in Cyberabad database as the violation occured in Kondapur.
Old 3rd December 2014, 20:07   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to check on this - while I was driving in Hyderabad in my Bangalore-registered vehicle, a traffic cop took a picture of my car voilating a stop line at Kondapur Jn.
Please update the thread in case your car number comes up in the cyberabad portal. We are all curious on how they handle out of state vehicles.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:16   #1839
BHPian

I checked in the following site

http://www.echallan.org/cybpublicview/

There is nothing pending on my car. I guess they ignore the first offence... OR they also dont know what to do with out-of-state vehicles!!
Old 5th December 2014, 15:13   #1840
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Any pending Traffic Challan against you? Pay up or appear in court

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45378958.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: If there is any pending traffic e-challan against you, pay up fast lest you may have to appear in court.

The Hyderabad police would soon issue notices to all traffic rule violators, who have pending e-challans against them. However, this time, cops would take extra caution to get the acknowledgment signed by the recipient.

After getting the notice, he/she would have a week's time to pay the fine and, if an offender does not comply, a chargesheet will be filed in court against such a person, police sources said.

In the past three years, the Hyderabad police had issued over 35 lakh e-challans and realised fine of over Rs 30 crore. However, due to various reasons, several e-challans remained unpaid and police have now, decided to launch a special drive to get these traffic violators fall in line.

According to the traffic police, about 15 lakh e-challans have not been paid in the past two years. "We have decided to focus on pending e-challans, especially from the past two years. In a fortnight, we will start issuing notices to the offenders. If they do not respond in a week's time, we will file a chargesheet in a local court," Hyderabad traffic deputy commissioner of police (DCP) (II) Hyderabad AV Ranganath told TOI.

"Recently, traffic police data was linked to the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) database. Now, we have latest data pertaining to all vehicle owners. We can target the offenders who are reluctant to pay e-challans, especially during the past two years," Hyderabad additional commissioner of police (CP) (traffic) Jitender said.

Police have also initiated a dialogue with the judiciary about filing chargesheets against traffic offenders who have not paid their fine even after receiving notices. Traffic policemen claim that like drunken drivers, those not responding to e-challan and violating traffic rules repeatedly, are liable to be summarily tried and, in worst cases, a repeat offender could also face imprisonment.

Police have also identified that out of the 15 lakh pending e-challans, about 60,000 belong to vehicles not registered in Greater Hyderabad area. So, as majority of offenders, who have been issued e-challans reside in the city, police hope that the crackdown would yield good results.

For graf

In 2012, 12,04,705 e-challans were issued and Rs 10.08 crore fine collected

In 2013, 12,08,019 e-challans were issued and Rs 11.13 crore fine collected

Till November 30, 2014, 11.02 lakh e-challans issued and Rs 10.01 core fine collected.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:32   #1841
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

So. From the past couple of days, Swanky Volvos with White, Pink, Orange, Purple ribbon coloring are frequenting the Hi tech city area. Has any one travelled on these buses? As per the gossip going on in my office circles, they seem very pricey and people are awaiting the Govt to reduce the prices once they don't reach the desired occupancy levels.

Any first hand experiences?
Old 5th December 2014, 16:01   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
So. From the past couple of days, Swanky Volvos with White, Pink, Orange, Purple ribbon coloring are frequenting the Hi tech city area. Has any one travelled on these buses? As per the gossip going on in my office circles, they seem very pricey and people are awaiting the Govt to reduce the prices once they don't reach the desired occupancy levels.

I have seen these buses around Hi-Tech city as well, and yes, I have heard they are quite pricey. A trip from Financial District to JH checkpost costed Rs 70/- for one of my friend.

OT: There is another thread for these buses in Hyd that should be merged here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ity-buses.html

Last edited by shifu : 5th December 2014 at 16:05. Reason: corrected location
Old 5th December 2014, 19:59   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have heard they are quite pricey. A trip from Financial District to JH checkpost costed Rs 70/- for one of my friend.
IIRC, the base fare is 15/- Rs. So do not be surprised about the ticket fare.
Old 8th December 2014, 18:37   #1844
BHPian

Nallagandla Flyover is now open for public. However, there are no signs/lane markings yet on this flyover. Considering it is a T-junction flyover, we have to be really careful at the top.

Still, great news for the residents of Lingampally/Nallagandla areas.

Last edited by venuvedam : 8th December 2014 at 18:44.
venuvedam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 22:17   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I have seen these buses around Hi-Tech city as well, and yes, I have heard they are quite pricey. A trip from Financial District to JH checkpost costed Rs 70/- for one of my friend.

OT: There is another thread for these buses in Hyd that should be merged here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ity-buses.html
What a surprise this morning! I have seen Volvo bus drivers wearing seatbelts. I guess these drivers have been trained to drive safely as all the buses I have seen till date were being driven sedately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Nallagandla Flyover is now open for public. However, there are no signs/lane markings yet on this flyover. Considering it is a T-junction flyover, we have to be really careful at the top.

Still, great news for the residents of Lingampally/Nallagandla areas.
This is some great news. Did they install street lights over the flyover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks