Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 14:27   #1726
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

There should also be a fine for trucks driving on the right most two lanes. Many a times, I have seen emptyy trucks driving at close to 90kmph on the right lanes. AFAIK heavy vehicles are restricted to the left most lanes, no?

@Anurag. I dont know what segment of the ORR you drive between. But I am a regular between Gachibowli to Pedda Amberpet and there is good amount of patrolling between Gachibowli and Airport exit atleast. Ofcourse, its not at the level that we would like but it is there.

Maybe they plan to extrapolate this level of patrolling to other segments as well in near future.
Old 7th April 2014, 22:42   #1727
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

The road from Tarnaka to Madhapur, via Begumpet has turned into a total nightmare. Due to Metro rail, choking starts right from Mettuguda, then at Alugadda Baavi, then chaos at Sangeet, St. Anns, NTR Statue, and Greenlands flyover. What used to take 25min upto this point, now takes me 35-40min (by bike!).

Hence, now going via Sithaphalmandi->Padmarao Nagar-> Musheerabad -> Kavadiguda -> Lower Tank Bund -> LakdiKaPul -> Medhipatnam ->Inorbit these days and reach in 55-60min inspite of the extra 5km distance
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 22:46   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Lots of cops checking vehicles nowadays. All cars including mine were flagged down by a bunch of 20 cops near TDP HQ at 630 pm today. They asked me to open my boot and my laptop bag that was in it, and then asked to continue with my commute.

Looks like they are checking for black money due to elections.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 23:41   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Lots of cops checking vehicles nowadays. All cars including mine were flagged down by a bunch of 20 cops near TDP HQ at 630 pm today. They asked me to open my boot and my laptop bag that was in it, and then asked to continue with my commute.

That's exactly it, apparently they've found a lot of cash while frisking vehicles in the city. The stretch from Shenoy Nursing Home - St. Ann's also has a million cops around on a regular basis. Not so bad unless you're in a hurry.
Old 8th April 2014, 12:11   #1730
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like the cops are hitting a jackpot with these raids. As per the below link, AP tops in the amount of cash seized. Its a staggering 118 crores, which is more than half of the 195 crores seized so far across the country.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/electi....aspx?htsw0023

What a bad reason to be on top.

Also, diversions announced today in the city on account of the Ramanaami celebrations. More details below.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/33408320.cms

Last edited by racer_ash : 8th April 2014 at 12:12. Reason: wrong link
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 20:17   #1731
BHPian

Quote:

They are even checking in the 'village' side of Hyderabad too, i.e Kondapur (near the RTO).

However, I was insulted by the policemen on duty there. They were flagging down all the cars and just as they saw my puny i10, they allowed me through without even checking.

I guess, they don't expect crores to be smuggled in an i10. Atleast a fiesta would have been good to prove a point.
autotranny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 08:46   #1732
BANNED

Guys who use the ORR and guys who don't, the fare had been increased by Rs 10/- in all routes and toll plazas.

Earlier I had to pay Rs 20 from Medchal to Patancheru whereas now it is Rs 30.

JFYI guys.

Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 09:34   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was insulted by the policemen on duty there.
Hi Autotranny,

I too was insulted by the police many times in last few weeks, they have not stopped me inspite of flagging down cars in the front and behind my car

I neither have any party stickers to my car, as well.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:01   #1734
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I too was insulted by the police many times in last few weeks, they have not stopped me inspite of flagging down cars in the front and behind my car

I neither have any party stickers to my car, as well.
Which policeman is mad to stop an owner with a White Toyota Fortuner a.k.a 'The Boss'?! He would have naturally thought you are a politician! Lol!

Anurag.
Old 9th April 2014, 11:04   #1735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys who use the ORR and guys who don't, the fare had been increased by Rs 10/- in all routes and toll plazas.

JFYI guys.

Anurag
Not all routes.

I paid the usual Rs 10 between APPA and Gachibowli.
Old 9th April 2014, 13:11   #1736
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Not all routes.

Now this is puzzling! The guy who was collecting the tokens said the Rs 10 hike has been applied to the whole of ORR. I shall get the image of the revised rates from each toll plaza's that is stuck on the toll collection booth.

Anurag.
Old 9th April 2014, 13:54   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this is puzzling! The guy who was collecting the tokens said the Rs 10 hike has been applied to the whole of ORR. I shall get the image of the revised rates from each toll plaza's that is stuck on the toll collection booth.

Anurag.
I guess they increased only on the stretch from Shamirpet till Patancheru as that was toll-free for more than a year!
Old 9th April 2014, 13:59   #1738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Anurag.
Maybe because the distance between the toll gates at APPA and Gachibowli is just 7 kms?
Old 9th April 2014, 16:02   #1739
BHPian

Quote:

JFYI guys.

Anurag
Quote:
Not all routes.

Quote:

Anurag.
Quote:
I guess they increased only on the stretch from Shamirpet till Patancheru as that was toll-free for more than a year!
Quote:
Maybe because the distance between the toll gates at APPA and Gachibowli is just 7 kms?
The answer to the toll increase puzzle is available at http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14040...-proposes-hike

The rounding off to the nearest 10/- is the reason why it has shot up for certain sectors and not been increased for the rest.
hyd_traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 14:36   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Guys (especially those who work in Virtusa and Waverock buildings). How is the condition of the kutcha road behind Virtusa that links with the ORR Junction at Nanakramguda? The kutcha road is only for 50 meters and links up with the narrow road passing through Nanakramguda.

I used it 6 months ago, but there was a deep trench at the place where that road meets the pucca road near Virtusa, and I had to use all my skills to get my car around it. I'd like to use that stretch if things are better now. It shaves off both time and distance on my return trip home, when I go there to pick up my wife, which is around once every two weeks.

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th April 2014 at 14:38.

Most Viewed