Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 07:32   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I just reached Chennai and realized the difference in airport-home trip.

Masab Tank to Airport distance 25 kms, 45 minutes by air conditioned bus. Rs 175. Very comfortable trip.

Airport to Adyar (Chennai), Distance around 12 kms. Rs 220 in a rickety non ac Ambassador. 1 and a 1/2 hours of grueling traffic chaos.

Thanks to the PVNR expressway.
+1.

Yestreday I went to the airport and timings were : Somajiguda Circle @ 14:35, Hyderabad Airport @ 15:10 ; Hyderabad Airport @ 15:20, Somajiguda Circle @ 16:00 ;
Old 26th June 2010, 09:03   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I just reached Chennai and realized the difference in airport-home trip.

Masab Tank to Airport distance 25 kms, 45 minutes by air conditioned bus. Rs 175. Very comfortable trip.

Airport to Adyar (Chennai), Distance around 12 kms. Rs 220 in a rickety non ac Ambassador. 1 and a 1/2 hours of grueling traffic chaos.

Thanks to the PVNR expressway.
Himayathanagar to Airport is 36kms exactly till the entrance via PVNR Expressway. Himayathnagar to Masab Tank is 4 kms.

Therefore, Masab tank to Airport via. PVNR expressway should be approximately 32km

Thats why i use Himayathanagar-->Saidabad--Old Srisailam Highway-> Airport. 27kms. A whopping 9kms difference..ofcourse only when i use a cab. If self driven, prefer the expressway
Old 30th June 2010, 00:26   #513
Senior - BHPian

AP 13 Q 6558 - Black Alto

I am waiting in the queue at the Indian Oil Petrol Pump in Hitec City to fill petrol. A black alto comes from the wrong side and parks perpendicular to my car trying to nudge between the car ahead of me and mine!

I understood the driver's intention and leave no gap and move as soon as the car ahead of me moves. I am listening to dire straits and enjoying the wait actually!

Suddenly, I hear, "Excuse Me"!
I turn - a 30+ lady rolls down the window of the Alto and says that I wanted to go to the other side but you blocked me.
I reply back, "I thought you were just another idiot trying to break the queue. You must have indicated that to me before"
Then sheepishly she joins behind me in the queue! (wonder what happened about going to the other side)

The B*aunty has some real guts!

Just another educated-software-techie but never-learnt-anything fool I happened to meet today!
Old 30th June 2010, 09:01   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I turn - a 30+ lady rolls down the window of

The B*aunty has some real guts!
OT: Nazim, are you calling a 30+ lady as aunty. In other words, does this mean i am an uncle????.....
Old 30th June 2010, 15:05   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Himayathanagar to Airport is 36kms exactly till the entrance via PVNR Expressway. Himayathnagar to Masab Tank is 4 kms.

Therefore, Masab tank to Airport via. PVNR expressway should be approximately 32km

Thats why i use Himayathanagar-->Saidabad--Old Srisailam Highway-> Airport. 27kms. A whopping 9kms difference..ofcourse only when i use a cab. If self driven, prefer the expressway
Nope, the distance from Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital to the new airport is between 28 to 29 kms---I have an eye for distances----and mine is a petrol car.
Quote:
OT: Nazim, are you calling a 30+ lady as aunty. In other words, does this mean i am an uncle????.....
Then I'd be a grand-uncle!
Old 30th June 2010, 15:09   #516
Senior - BHPian

2 new potholes

Yesterday I noticed a tree branch covering a huge pothole at the centre of the road between Chutneys and Nagarjuna circle---it is at that part where the road gets narrow with the fly over to the right.

One more massive bump is there right in front of the new Mainland China/ Sirgee building---2-wheeler riders better watch out.

By the way, as the saying goes---'no post is complete in this thread without a reference to the Durgam Cheruvu road'. The good news is that the numerous cuts and pot holes on that road are getting fixed.

Last edited by vnabhi : 30th June 2010 at 15:11.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:03   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Venu, your love affair with DC continues..eh?

Today morning, was caught up in a jam at the most unexpected place

From the newly constructed temple on that steep road ( after you cross cancer hospital towards Great Indian Kebab Factory) to the left where you take a left towards Film Nagar club and Whisper Valley.

Took me 30 minutes to cover that 3-4kms stretch
Old 30th June 2010, 17:12   #518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

From the newly constructed temple on that steep road ( after you cross cancer hospital towards Great Indian Kebab Factory) to the left where you take a left towards Film Nagar club and Whisper Valley.

Took me 30 minutes to cover that 3-4kms stretch
There were a couple of Police jeeps as well in one of the by lanes just before GIKF.

A tow van was sounding its siren for a Red Wagon R parked on the KBR Park road.
The presence of Police and the Tow van made me feel that some VVIP was visiting the area.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:20   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

No clue Imran. I was lost into " Dark Side of the Moon" those entire 30 mins
Old 1st July 2010, 17:52   #520
BHPian

what a downpour, my car is swimming. Expect snarls!
Old 1st July 2010, 18:28   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
what a downpour, my car is swimming. Expect snarls!
Yes... Awesome downpour.

Avoid the hitec-city - Malaysian township road like the plague! Else be prepared to get new carpets for your cars!
Hafeezpet will also be the same!

I need a "long road out of hitec" now!
Old 1st July 2010, 18:51   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Yes... Awesome downpour.

Avoid the hitec-city - Malaysian township road like the plague! Else be prepared to get new carpets for your cars!
Hafeezpet will also be the same!

I need a "long road out of hitec" now!
Avoid stepping out if you can. It would take at least 3 hours from now for the traffic to clear up.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:25   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening was heading back home around 10:30pm from Kondapur and took the shortcut road that cuts in between and leads to Honda Pride in Jubilee Hills.

Except in that heavy rain, i missed a right turn and kept driving through potholes, horrible roads for about 2kms and voila...there was a dead-end.

I took a U-turn and went back and found the left and finally came out at Honda Pride crossroads.

I will never take this "short-cut" again. To me, it looks more like a long cut with bad roads ( construction still going on)

Enjoyed my drive back home in heavy downpour
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:34   #524
Senior - BHPian

There was massive water logging on Raj Bhavan Road and in Somajiguda in front of Tanishq. I had a great time wading thru knee deep water. The Bolero as usual performed awesome.

P.S: I saw a 7 Series stalled with water floating inside the cabin as well. He is going to get a huuuuuuuuuuuuge bill.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:12   #525
Senior - BHPian

It was awesome driving in such heavy rain. Even in !st lancer area there was waterlogging but not much to trouble the Ikon.I was glad I replaced the wiper baldes last saturday.The rain lashed for around an hour but then after a hour all the water was gone. The newly made drains are effective it seems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks