Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 11:15   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I went to SVM mall from Hitec City at 7:30 PM and reached in 45 minutes. From there, MC + some of his friends & I went to Sarvi at Road No. 1 for Haleem. We took the Rd. No. 10 and it was devoid of traffic! (Why did I move from this place to Nizampet! )

Reached Hitec at 11:00 PM and started for home via Gachibowli-Lingampally Route and faced the worst jam on the road! The road had too much of water it looked like the roads have turned into rivers!

Took a U-Turn and came back to Kothaguda, Had to drive on the wrong side of the road (with permission from the cops) after Kondapur and reached home at 12:50 PM!

Reaching home after work has become a nightmare these days!
Nazim, that sounds horrific

Why did you change your house to a cesspool area??? Go back to Nazim road ASAP.

Btw, last night i knew you guys wont be able to make it and went ahead with my plan. A teaser report on meet thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I heard from some folks who left office after 8/9 pm that it took them 1 hour from HCU to Gulmohar and another 1 hour from there to cross the manned railway crossing (since the under-bridge was closed due to flooding).

Those of us living off NH9 have been really short-changed because of the rains. I wonder how the Tolichowki/Manikonda/Attapur areas are.

Regards,
spadix
Dude, i am totally paranoid these days of the ongoing horrible traffic issues because of rains. Simple change to my schedule has worked wonders, come in real early to work and leave back home super early.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:53   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I wonder how the Tolichowki areas are.
You asked for it, here's the report from Toli Chowki.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-rumaan-toli-chowki.jpg

This was the situation opposite to Rumaan and a few meters ahead, there's a lane which leads to some function hall. The water was gushing out at such a force that, I for a moments instance mistook it to be a flooded river. That was the situation. Hope Shyn or someone can give more details about that area.
Old 27th August 2010, 00:54   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
You asked for it, here's the report from Toli Chowki.
Great, now I don't feel so bad about choosing Chandanagar over Tolichowki as my hideout .

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th August 2010, 02:35   #634
Team-BHP Support

It's been quite a while since I travelled on the kondapur-miyapur stretch. Today we had an official party at f9 in kondapur. It was to start at 8pm. So left mindspace at around 8pm. It's about 2.5kms from office. I thought I will reach within 10 mins. Horror of horrors! I reached the Hitex turn within 5 mins but after that there was terrific traffic snarl ahead. Traffic was just at a standstill. It became a test of patience. Near TCS office the road vanished and I was almost fording a gushing river! The water slapping the undercarriage so hard that my car was almost rocking. First few times I sharply looked into the IRVM as I thought I have been rear ended. How I reached f9, almost driving on the muddy potholed pavements on the sides only I know. But it took me approximately 55 mins to cover the 2.5 kms. Of that the last 1 km took 50 mins. Really unbelievable stuff! I wonder how people travel on this stretch everyday!!
Old 27th August 2010, 08:06   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
It's been quite a while since I travelled on the kondapur-miyapur stretch. Today we had an official party at f9 in kondapur. It was to start at 8pm. So left mindspace at around 8pm. It's about 2.5kms from office. I thought I will reach within 10 mins. Horror of horrors! I reached the Hitex turn within 5 mins but after that there was terrific traffic snarl ahead. Traffic was just at a standstill. It became a test of patience. Near TCS office the road vanished and I was almost fording a gushing river! The water slapping the undercarriage so hard that my car was almost rocking. First few times I sharply looked into the IRVM as I thought I have been rear ended. How I reached f9, almost driving on the muddy potholed pavements on the sides only I know. But it took me approximately 55 mins to cover the 2.5 kms. Of that the last 1 km took 50 mins. Really unbelievable stuff! I wonder how people travel on this stretch everyday!!
Zappo - would you kindly enkighten us how you swam from the car to f9 lift?
Old 27th August 2010, 08:13   #636
BHPian

Whnz the HiTec mmts station flyover completing? I guess thats the only saviour to the 50,000 vehicles that cross the underpass daily.
Old 27th August 2010, 08:44   #637
BHPian

Guys,

Left at 10-15 PM from Hi-Tech City. Till kondapur Junction, all is well, after which its horrible. Potholes near to RTO office caused huge traffic jam. Spent 15 mins in the jam and traffic did not move an inch. Returned back to Office, had a nap till 12-30 PM. Started of at 12-30, reached home at madinaguda at 12-40 :-)

Day by day, situation is becoming worse :(. No idea why GHMC is not taking care of this kind of roads all over hyderabad. It feels very bad to be in hyderabad.

P.S: Wokeup at 6 AM, started to office by 7 AM. Dont want to make my trip to office horrible again

Thanks,
Srini
Old 27th August 2010, 12:21   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Whnz the HiTec mmts station flyover completing? I guess thats the only saviour to the 50,000 vehicles that cross the underpass daily.
Hi P’arth,

I stay in VI phase in KPHB, from last five year the ROB construction is going on bits and pieces. After one year of initial construction CM YSR laid a foundation stone at staring point of the bride in 4th phase. To answer your question the ROB may take minimum of 1 year( I think). The reasons I see are 1) There is no plan approval yet from railways for the bridge over rails 2) Even after approval looks like they have only 4 hours of construction time for the construction on the rails in a day .
- Ravi
Old 27th August 2010, 12:50   #639
Senior - BHPian

Looks like all roads in Hyd have got screw**d up by the heavy rains. The visit of the President was a saviour for those living in Begumpet and Somajiguda, as almost all the bad stretches were done up. However I do see some chinks developing since yesterday on the done up stretches, but nothing alarming.

As regards the Kondapur to Miyapur stretch, there are nightmares daily. My colleage left at 8 pm last night and it took him 2 hours to reach his place at Hafizpet.

Yesterday evening was one of the few when it did not rain in our area---I am told it rained heavily in Madhapur area.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:17   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Deb, i am happy to note you too enjoyed our daily predicament

I am also curious to know the answer to hyd_traveller's query

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Zappo - would you kindly enkighten us how you swam from the car to f9 lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yesterday evening was one of the few when it did not rain in our area---I am told it rained heavily in Madhapur area.
Keeping this daily nightmare in mind. Yesterday, i started from Gachibowli at 5:30pm. Clouds were so dark it felt almost like night. By the time, i reached the crossroads, it started pouring like crazy, i stepped on the gas and reached Whisper Valley in 10 mins thereafter there was a weird phenomena that i witnessed yesterday.

Part of the distance was extremely dark clouds and other it was open skies. It felt like i was passing through daylight and then dark. Crazy

Btw, i reached home (22 kms away) in 50 mins flat at that time
Old 27th August 2010, 13:37   #641
Senior - BHPian

Another Horrible Jam

Started from home at 10:45 AM today as I had to attend a meeting at 12:00 Noon. There was a huge pile up on the Bachepalli-Miyapur road & I reached Miyapur 'X' roads at 11:30 covering 2 KMs.

Took a decision that I won't be able to make it to the meeting if I proceed towards Allwyn junction for reaching Hitec and hence rushed towards JNTU and reached office at 12:10 PM after giving some swimming lessons to my zen (under the Hitec Railway Station underpass).
Old 27th August 2010, 23:44   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats the update for today's traffic jam guys?

It does seem a bit unfair that only Pulsar56 got stuck in a jam today
Old 28th August 2010, 00:31   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Nothing here. Left BQ at home because of knee-waist deep water and took the Pulsar (my P180, not Pulsar56 :P) to work. Lingampally underpass was flooded, so had to take the manned gate, which is closed most of the time these days. Technically not a jam but a really long traffic signal.

By the way at this place I saw a truck slowly roll back and ram into the Getz which was behind it. Not much damage to the Getz -- very impressive, but scary stuff nevertheless! I still remember the damage inflicted by an idiot RTC driver on our Indigo at 7:30 AM at Bowenpally X roads a couple of years back. I'm making a mental note to self about this.

While returning back things were as clear as they could ever be (except again for a small wait at the gate). Even the pond outside my place has dried up, which means BQ can hit the 1k km mark tomorrow if aal eez well tonight weather-wise.

Regards,
spadix
Old 28th August 2010, 17:50   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Mobike,

Though I have avoided the traffic jam at morning (started at 8 from home) stuck in massive jam near Kondapur RTO in the evening (8-30 PM). Took 1 hour from Kondapur to Madiaguda :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 30th August 2010, 12:23   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Left home real early this morning. Still there was traffic ( not too much though) and it still took me an hour to reach office in Gachibowli

At Gachibowli crossroads, you need to be really careful as your car will suddenly nosedive and come up for fresh air ( due to a HUGE pothole). It reminded me of my first diving lessons at Hotel Ritz Swimming Pool....LOL

-----Yesterday's Update-----

Yesterday went to attend KKRK2's wedding in BDR Nagar, Hastinapur ( Nagarjunsagar Road).

It was pouring cats and dogs continously from 11am-4pm and it seems there was not a drop of water at secunderabad side. What in the world is happening to weather these days?

Due to rains there was this inevitable jams throughout our route and it took us more than hour to cover 20kms even on a sunday afternoon. And, coming back was more than 1 hour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks