Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 14:26   #1381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The Hyderabad ORR just got extended :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for this brilliant news scoop
This scoop was published as a major article in today's TOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Hyderabad Vijayawada Highway is NH 9 (Now called NH 65 as per new numbering system). NH 5 is the Chennai-Vijayawada-Kolkatta Highway (NH 16 as per the new numbering system).
+1. I think this road also cuts across Guntur/Suryalanka Beach as I remember getting lost and go on NH5 before realizing and finding our way back to NH9
Old 29th November 2012, 14:59   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

+1. I think this road also cuts across Guntur/Suryalanka Beach as I remember getting lost and go on NH5 before realizing and finding our way back to NH9
Hehe so much for my newspaper reading skills!

Yes it does go through Guntur-not through Suryalanka though.Kolkata-Bhubaneswar-Srikakulam-Vizag-Rajamundry-Vijayawada-Guntur-Chilkaluripet-Ongole-Nellore-Nayudupeta-Puzhal-Chennai.This is a good route to take to Tirupati now from Hyderabad as driving time would be less since you have 4 lanes all the way till Nayudupeta from Hyd.Driving to Tirupati is a breeze now,esp since Kadapa route is undergoing widening.
Old 29th November 2012, 16:03   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway), Nagarjunasagar State Highway, Srisailam State Highway, NH7 (Bangalore Highway), Gachibowli exit, Financial District exit, NH9 (Mumbai Highway), Medak State Highway, NH7 (Nagpur Highway) and Karimnagar State Highway which marks more than 75% of the work.

The stretch from Karimnagar State Highway to Warangal Highway and then Warangal Highway to NH5 (Vijayawada Highway) remains under construction
Please read NH5 as NH9 above. Thanks Rknair. NH5 intersects NH9 at Benz Circle in Vjayawada. Looks like I am still living there though have returned 12 days back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Do you know the other exits between Muthangi and Shamirpet? Trying to see if there is an exit near Mallampet or Bowrampet. There are roads cutting ORR at these places. I am sure there should be one at the Medak road intersection.

Hyderabad Vijayawada Highway is NH 9 (Now called NH 65 as per new numbering system). NH 5 is the Chennai-Vijayawada-Kolkatta Highway (NH 16 as per the new numbering system).
Yes, there is only one interchange/exit which is on Medak Road aka Narsapur Road which falls some where between Bowrampet/Bahadurpally and Dundigal and Gagilapur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You should NOT have leaked out my source of information.
Old 29th November 2012, 17:14   #1384
Senior - BHPian

To sum up hyd-traveller's eye-popping news, the ORR was until now completed from the 4 O'Clock position (Vijaywada highway) till the 1030 pm position (Mumbai highway), keeping a clock in mind that has the Hussain Sagar at the center.

Now the new stretch is from the 1030 pm position to the 1 O'Clock position, and it is due to be ready by December 3rd. The only remaining bit from 1 O'Clock to 4 O'clock is likely to be completed in around 6 months time.

Last edited by vnabhi : 29th November 2012 at 17:16.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 17:21   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Do you know of any dates on the Rajiv Rahadari-Warrangal-NH5 completion?
I think you mean NH9.

I am one of those who is eagerly waiting for the warangal highway-NH9 stretch to be complete. I am a frequent weekend traveller from my office at Pocharam to parents home at Nalgonda and back. I am always either taking the Bhongir byepass-Chityal-Nalgonda route or the round about route from Pocharam-Uppal-LBNagar-NH9 both of which take about 2hrs. Once this portion of ORR opens, it will be a breeze for me. I can save atleast half an hour on the trip.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:35   #1386
BHPian

News from paper is that the 4 lane road from Hyd to Vijayawada would soon be having 3 toll gates each collecting Rs.75 oneway and Rs.115 two way. That is not all. All these 3 tollgates are operated by GMR, and after the last one, NHAI is operating another tollgate which is only 30km apart. They collect 45 for oneway fare. So, it is about Rs.270 for oneway toll from Hyd to Vjw. And this rate is for a private car. Higway robbery!
Old 30th November 2012, 13:31   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Last night I had to drop my wife at the Secunderabad station at around 7 pm. In order to avoid the maddening snarls near Shopper's Stop at Begumpet, I took the longer route via Tank Bund, Kavadiguda and Musheerabad. I was pleasantly surprised at reaching the old entrance of the railway station in 25 minutes flat, for a distance of 11 kms.

What surprised me more was that the return journey of 8 kms was also done in less than 20 minutes. It looks like cops have done a good thing by giving an extra lane to the traffic flowing from Begumpet flyover towards old aiport. Though this was at the expense of traffic in the opposite direction, there were no snarls.

I wonder if yesterday's experience was a one-off case or a regular phenomenon.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:08   #1388
BHPian

Vnabhi Sir,

That is the best route to take if one is coming from Begumpet area and it's not a one-off case at all. As you rightly said, it's a bit longer route to take but less traffic.

I always pick this route if I want to go to Tarnaka from Ameerpet. Anything to avoid the maddening traffic at Begumpet.

It you still want to go to the Secunderabad front entrance at all costs, you can then pick kavadiguda - bansilalpet route. But this lane is a bit narrow and I won't recommend it if you are travelling in Car. It is very much doable and there is hardly any traffic at all. But always better to avoid this one.
hurricanes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 18:08   #1389
BHPian

ORR stretch between Patancheru and Shamirpet was opened to public on Monday. No news about toll yet.

Source: TOI
Old 4th December 2012, 18:12   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
ORR stretch between Patancheru and Shamirpet was opened to public on Monday. No news about toll yet.

Source: TOI
Toll will be collected after a couple of months, per today's TOI. So in total we have around 128 kms of ORR done, and only around 35 to 40 kms is left to be completed. That balance stretch is expected to be completed in 6 months.

I think a4anurag will start using the new stretch and shave off nearly 50% time off his daily travel of 140 kms.
Old 7th December 2012, 08:39   #1391
BHPian

Road from Habsiguda towards uppal circle was completely choked right from the small crossing before little flower jr college. This was at around 745am. Since I was in a bike, I could manage to wriggle out. But some RTC bus guys said they are stranded there for more than an hour. Since I had to go towards Ghatkesar, I dont know how far it would extend towards Nagole.

Posting this info first thing after reaching office. I presume the jam is still there as our 8am login buses are yet to reach till now.
Old 11th December 2012, 01:05   #1392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think a4anurag will start using the new stretch and shave off nearly 50% time off his daily travel of 140 kms.
Thats Right Venu Saar!

I used the ORR from the Medchal to Muthangi today to and from for work. No toll was collected.

From my house (Jeedimetla Village) keep driving till Kandla Koi village and a little further a board on the left side says "Nehru ORR Toll Road - Take Left". Till here it is 15.3kms. From this point after the left turn the ORR road is another 1.2kms.

From here the ORR starts till EXIT-03 (Patancheru/Mumbai) which is 29.2 kms.

The same journey if the route taken is bowenpally-balanagar-kukatpally-miyapur-lingampally-ashok nagar-patancheru-muthangi-isnapur has a distance of 41 kms (takes 2 hours on average).

The ORR reads 53.6 kms (takes 30 min @ 80-100kmph). The extra distance I will be travelling is 12.6 kms(one way).

The whole plus point is the time I get to save is 1.5 hrs.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 11:59   #1393
BHPian

Oasis Centre (the building which houses Spar) at Begumpet has started charging for vehicle parking. For cars, it is 20/- for 3 hours.
Old 12th December 2012, 12:58   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oasis Centre (the building which houses Spar) at Begumpet has started charging for vehicle parking. For cars, it is 20/- for 3 hours.
Yes, I paid 10/- for my scooter 3 days back. Henceforth I will only walk to Spar.

I also found almost 30% of the parking space empty on Sunday, when crowds are the most at that center. Looks like many free-loaders have stopped using that space after the fee.
Old 12th December 2012, 13:13   #1395
BHPian

The govt. says no commercial establishment is supposed to charge for parking for customers. However, almost every mall charges (some even charge exorbitantly) and go scot free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks