Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 18:19   #1486
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
15 feared dead.May the deceased R.I.P

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...g/18612887.cms
Latest toll increased to 17. May they R.I.P.

Anticipating fresh trouble, there is intense checking and frisking at all major junctions. Saw these happening at Uppal circle, Habsiguda signal and Mettuguda signal, near the HP bunk at old airport flyover and even before the RUB near Rail Nilayam. The police are sparing no one. I observed they are more interested in the contents of your bag/suitcase than your DL/PUC/Insurance. There are also regular announcements warning about suspicious objects at all major traffic intersections along with police vans stationed.
Old 8th March 2013, 18:39   #1487
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

To get on to the Nagpur Highway from Gachibowli

Route 1 - Regular route - Gachibowli - Hazifpet - Miyapur t Junction right turn - Mumbai highway - left turn to Medak Road - Keep n going till u touch Medchal

Route 2 - get on the ORR to Patancheru - ORR - get off at Medchal

Route 2 is ~2x of Route 1 in distance - any significant time saving ? - assuming one is starting early morning for a highway drive ..or for that matter - getting back from Medchal late in the night ?
Old 8th March 2013, 18:57   #1488
BHPian

The police has gone overboard with checking. It looks like we're under military or police rule.

Something to ponder about:

Name:  why.png
Views: 557
Size:  28.0 KB
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 19:12   #1489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post

Route 1 - Regular route - Gachibowli - Hazifpet - Miyapur t Junction right turn - Mumbai highway - left turn to Medak Road - Keep n going till u touch Medchal

Route 2 is ~2x of Route 1 in distance - any significant time saving ? - assuming one is starting early morning for a highway drive ..or for that matter - getting back from Medchal late in the night ?
Hi buddy!

I stay near to kompally and my work place is in Patancheru. I use the ORR daily. I take the ORR from Medchal (Exit 6) to Patancheru (Exit 3).

By the old route which is patancheru-BHEL-Miyapur-Kukatpally-balanagar-bowenpally-Medchal it takes me 41 kms and 2hrs.

By the old route which is patancheru-BHEL-Miyapur-Gandimaisamma-kompally-Medchal it takes me 47 kms and 1.5hrs

The ORR from Exit 3 to Exit 6 is 53kms and 1 hour. Yes the distance is but a peace of mind and quiet roads.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 9th March 2013, 09:28   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post

If you are talking about the road that goes via Reddy Labs and joins the highway around 3-4 kms before Medchal. I had travelled in this route around a couple of years back and it was not so bad. You will encounter sparse traffic once you cross Dr. Reddys and MNR college. However, I am not sure of the current state of the road.

If you are travelling anywhere between 7 in the morning and 9 in the night, the ORR is always better. Its stress free.
Old 9th March 2013, 22:56   #1491
BHPian

I've used the Medak highway last 3-4 times to get on the Nagpur highway. Early morning it's fine..but in the night it is a issue because its a undivided road & the glare of truck lights is tuff.
I think I'll stick to the Medak highway for morning 5-7 am starts to Nagpur highway & take the ORR to Gachibowli for late night return journeys back to Hyd
Old 12th March 2013, 23:05   #1492
Team-BHP Support

Caution

I usually commute on the service lane of the Hyderabad ORR when I am on my bike or cycle.

The stretch around Narsingi is extremely accident prone.
Please be very careful when crossing it.

Even today there was an accident between a bike and an innova. The biker needed an ambulance.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:21   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to drop my mom to the airport for a 9:30am flight.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is that long due road block by T

It apparently starts from 8:00am and first blockade point is Shamshabad moving towards the Bangalore highway.

My query :-

Should I drop my mom a little early ( e.g 7:30am at the airport), will i still face blockade issues?

OR

Should I take the Himayathnagar-Saidabad-Barkas-Chandrayangutta-RGIA route?

What's your take on above?
Old 20th March 2013, 11:24   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

It apparently starts from 8:00am and first blockade point is Shamshabad moving towards the Bangalore highway.

Should I drop my mom a little early ( e.g 7:30am at the airport), will i still face blockade issues?

OR

My take would be to take the Barkas-Srisailam road-RGIA.No point trying to play the probability game especially when you have a 0930 flight
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:51   #1495
BHPian

Quote:

OR

The probability of any hungama starting prior to 9 is very highly unlikely! I believe you would be pretty safe if you are dropping a tad early and are out of that area before 8:30
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 12:10   #1496
BHPian

Rightly said MindSpeeDs, I am sure T will not get the much needed coverage/publicity at 8:00 AM. Either way my take would be to start a bit early and take the regular route(PVNR) instead of going for Barkas-Srisailam road-RGIA

Last edited by hurricanes : 20th March 2013 at 12:12.
hurricanes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 20:17   #1497
BANNED

Quote:

OR

WA is there na Avi. Why worry!

T bandh starts in general shift i.e 9am to 6pm where all the public is active. Once lunch time they loose their power to shout and slowly the bandh closes down.

While going to the airport you may nite get this problem but on the return there may be a chance.

Anurag.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:37   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Started from home at 7:00am and reached airport at 7:50am.

Route taken was Himayathnagar->Saidabad->Barkas-> Pahadee Sharif-> RGIA : 26 kms

Roads have been broadened right from Saidabad onwards. However, lots of traffic on this route and even though broad roads the road itself is pretty uneven and bumpy except for the last 7-8kms

Return was this route. Started at 8:00am and reached home at 8:30am

RGIA->PVNR-Masab Tank-> Himayathanagar : 36kms

There was no T related issue. Didnt see a single guy on the road except lot of pink flags tied to poles on the aaram garh stretch.

As some of you already mentioned, looks like they work like govt office and start at 10am and close by 4pm

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st March 2013 at 11:39.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 12:04   #1499
Team-BHP Support

There were a couple of cops posted at the Entrance to the ORR from the APPA side towards Shamshabad at around 10:00 AM.

No cops on the entry towards Gachibowli.
Old 24th March 2013, 10:51   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Helmet World. A lil overpriced though, bargain hard.
Thanks Farukh, I finally visited the shop yesterday after weeks of dilly dallying. The place doesn't have a huge collection, it seems like its mostly for the aam-junta with 600-1200Rs budget. Also, the shop was being run like a bangle shop (attitude - lena hai to le lo; isse kam nahi karega, plastic mein dikhau kya?) and even after hard bargaining I only got a Rs25 discount. Anyway I went ahead and bought a decent looking "STAR/WEST" helmet with an ISI mark. I just hope it's decent quality and won't bust my head when called for duty. On a positive note it's surely lighter than my old Wrangler helmet.

Last edited by hellmet : 24th March 2013 at 10:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks