Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 17:36   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
No idea frankly...have never driven to these parts of Hyd...Looking at the map - i am assuming I need to take off from the Warangal highway at Ghatkesar ?
I stay in Sainikpuri.The route you need to take is as shown in the map:

http://goo.gl/maps/2Vkyf

No traffic along the route.Yes you would need to divert at Ghatkesar.Take the road all the way till ECIL X Road.Then onto A S Rao Nagar.After the BP Pump to your right at ASR,and at the Mahatma Phule statue,you take a right into sainikpuri main road.Keep on the road till the end,when you see Bhavan's school to your left followed by College of Defence Management to your right.The next junction,take right towards Yapral.Keep on the road all the way till Kowkur.At Kowkur,take a left and connect straight to the Rajiv Rahadari (Karimnagar highway).At the junction of Kowkur road and Rajiv rahadari,take a right towards Shamirpet and a little distance down the road you would see the huge ORR intersection.Take the ORR and go all the way till Gachibowli.From Sainikpuri onwards you drive through the army cantonement areas so hardly any traffic till the ORR junction.I think this route should save you time-not sure of distance travelled though.If you are passing through sainikpuri,let me know and I could guide you from Sainikpuri till the ORR.Take the route once and then decide for yourself.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 17:49   #1547
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
What's the best route to take from Gachibowli to reach the Warangal highway or vice versa.
While going in the morning - I have been via Punjagutta - Sec-Uppal - Bhongir route which was fine...
Evenings from Uppal onwards was a disaster.
Is there a ORR route which will make the travel easier ?
If uppal traffic is the only concern, then I advise you take a left at Habsiguda signals and take the route that passes through the IOCL bottling plant and joins the Warangal highway after Boduppal. But this road is not smooth and you will encounter lots of speed breakers and medium truck traffic. Its also much longer than the regular route. I dont recommend it after sunset as there is no lighting at all, but you can give it a try if you want.

Quote:
No idea frankly...have never driven to these parts of Hyd...Looking at the map - i am assuming I need to take off from the Warangal highway at Ghatkesar?
You are right. you need to take a left at the warangal highway (assuming you are coming from Pocharam) just after the start of the Ghatkesar bypass on the old highway. This takes you to Nagaram and then through ECIL. But this is a very roundabout route.

I was a regular between Gachibowli to Pocharam and I have tried all possible routes. I have even tried the IRR, LB Nagar, Uppal Pocharam route. But none of them save considerable amount of time. The only saving grace in future might be the ORR when it opens between VJA highway and Warangal highway. But that too would be around 80+ kms.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 10:52   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
What's the best route to take from Gachibowli to reach the Warangal highway or vice versa.
While going in the morning - I have been via Punjagutta - Sec-Uppal - Bhongir route which was fine...
Evenings from Uppal onwards was a disaster.
Is there a ORR route which will make the travel easier ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I stay in Sainikpuri.The route you need to take is as shown in the map:

http://goo.gl/maps/2Vkyf

No traffic along the route.Yes you would need to divert at Ghatkesar.Take the road all the way till ECIL X Road.Then onto A S Rao Nagar.After the BP Pump to your right at ASR,and at the Mahatma Phule statue,you take a right into sainikpuri main road.Keep on the road till the end,when you see Bhavan's school to your left followed by College of Defence Management to your right.The next junction,take right towards Yapral.Keep on the road all the way till Kowkur.At Kowkur,take a left and connect straight to the Rajiv Rahadari (Karimnagar highway).At the junction of Kowkur road and Rajiv rahadari,take a right towards Shamirpet and a little distance down the road you would see the huge ORR intersection.Take the ORR and go all the way till Gachibowli.From Sainikpuri onwards you drive through the army cantonement areas so hardly any traffic till the ORR junction.I think this route should save you time-not sure of distance travelled though.If you are passing through sainikpuri,let me know and I could guide you from Sainikpuri till the ORR.Take the route once and then decide for yourself.
This route is pure bliss to drive especially the Rajiv Rahadari road and defence area compared to the city traffic but only if you know the route already. It is a lot of run around. If I was you, I would only change my travel time and stick to Punjagutta - Sec-Uppal - Bhongir route. Very little traffic till 8 AM. (I do Bolarum to Habsiguda daily).

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
If uppal traffic is the only concern, then I advise you take a left at Habsiguda signals and take the route that passes through the IOCL bottling plant and joins the Warangal highway after Boduppal. But this road is not smooth and you will encounter lots of speed breakers and medium truck traffic. Its also much longer than the regular route. I dont recommend it after sunset as there is no lighting at all, but you can give it a try if you want.
I have taken this route a few times. Imagine doing this route with a fused bulb and not a soul to be seen.
Old 1st July 2013, 19:39   #1549
BHPian

Thanks Everyone for the suggestions
We started from Miyapur & ended up taking Miyapur - Medak Road- Medchal - ORR to Shamirpet - Anthaipally- Bogaram- Ghatkesar..Warangal

The Shamirpet - Ghatkesar route is taken by trucks - Road condition is average & not recommended late in the night..
I dont think we saved much in time or distance - but while returning back we avoided the Uppal to Panjagutta traffic & were quite relaxed. In fact we stopped on a dhaba enroute near Medchal for dinner.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:49   #1550
BHPian

Cyber Town Updates :-

A) Kothaguda to Miyapur Stretch
- Kondapur Signal junction - barricaded
- Aparna Towers junction - barricaded.

All left/right/u turns only at Kothaguda Signal (or) Novotel Junction on Kondapur-Miyapur road.
All buses leaving Kondapur Bus stand into the city are taking u-turns at Novotel junction. What did the traffic police have in mind ?

B) Cyber Towers Junction
TOI reports 'No Right turn under Cyber Towers flyover' - all vehicles to use the TCS junction for right/u-turns.

As I understand the traffic was huge on the flyover, due to bottlenecks just ahead opp Cyber Gateway. Now what - Is this going to decrease ?
All folks going towards Kothaguda/Kondapur will now go over the flyover and get in queue for u-turn at TCS junction. Hope it makes sense.

Cheers,
DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:04   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
B) Cyber Towers Junction

All folks going towards Kothaguda/Kondapur will now go over the flyover and get in queue for u-turn at TCS junction. Hope it makes sense.

Cheers,

The Cyber Towers junction is very wide and well capable of handling all traffic if only they'd redesign the infrastructure a bit. However, they planned to settle with another half-brained idea of barricading and inconveniencing people so they can wash their hands off the trouble quick and easy.

The same thing was done with the U-Turn for Westin, then the MindSpace circle was barricaded. Once or twice they've even barricaded the Inorbit U-Turn! To go to my office in iLabs I then had to travel an additional 3KM all the way upto the U-Turn on the road towards Gachibowli and then head back.
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:49   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The Cyber Towers junction is very wide and well capable of handling all traffic if only they'd redesign the infrastructure a bit. However, they planned to settle with another half-brained idea of barricading and inconveniencing people so they can wash their hands off the trouble quick and easy.

The same thing was done with the U-Turn for Westin, then the MindSpace circle was barricaded. Once or twice they've even barricaded the Inorbit U-Turn! To go to my office in iLabs I then had to travel an additional 3KM all the way upto the U-Turn on the road towards Gachibowli and then head back.
Exactly my thoughts. I get off the road only 100 meters before you do.
It is a worrisome trend that cops have been resorting to such barricading tactics all over the city. They started around 4 years back from Raj Bhavan Road and spread all over the city. As a result, my 11.5 km journey has increased to 15.5 kms now, though neither my residence nor office has changed.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:06   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As a result, my 11.5 km journey has increased to 15.5 kms now, though neither my residence nor office has changed
My home to office is 1.1km
while
my office to home used to be 4.0km till last month
but is now 6.5km.
Can you beat this?
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:38   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
while
but is now 6.5km.
Can you beat this?
Ok, you take the medal for being the most affected person by Hyd traffic rules.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:05   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
while
but is now 6.5km.
Can you beat this?
Haha!!! I am, on the other hand, going longer and longer to just be able to run my car instead of crawl.

Its 13km from Somajiguda to Mindspace and 12km the other way round if I take 'shorter but slower at times' routes, but I am using Banjara Hills Road No. 10, Film Nagar & Gachibowli road making it 7-8km extra including both ways.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:55   #1556
BHPian

Anyone using Hitech city road connecting Gachibowli Road (from Biodiversity Park trisection) with Mindspace Junction, try to avoid it if possible. There is long blockage on Mindspace junction for some reason.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:35   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Anyone using Hitech city road connecting Gachibowli Road (from Biodiversity Park trisection) with Mindspace Junction, try to avoid it if possible. There is long blockage on Mindspace junction for some reason.
Your message came a bit too late for me. I got stuck in the same place, however I took a U turn ahead of the junction and took the route to Inorbit via the hills and reached office slightly faster.
Old 24th July 2013, 20:41   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
... however I took a U turn ahead of the junction and took the route to Inorbit via the hills ...
I updated as soon as I got to office, and seems like that blockage went on for some time.

But thanks for pointing out the route via hills, never paid attention to that side. How is it through those roads, doesn't look too great on maps?
Old 24th July 2013, 22:56   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I updated as soon as I got to office, and seems like that blockage went on for some time.

But thanks for pointing out the route via hills, never paid attention to that side. How is it through those roads, doesn't look too great on maps?
There are a couple of roads on the hills. They're mostly used by buses for parking and newbies learning to "drive". However the roads are completely empty.
Old 24th July 2013, 23:46   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
There are a couple of roads on the hills. They're mostly used by buses for parking and newbies learning to "drive". However the roads are completely empty.
Is this the road which opens up near Aditya Sarovar (on the other side of the road) and in between you pass by a gated community? If so, it is always empty and I use only this while treaveling from Hitec city to Gachibowli/DLF.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks