Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 23:08   #46
Team-BHP Support

some rider will die here.

As you approach the climb up for the new Panjagutta flyover from the Nagarjuna circle sides.
There is tiny break in the divider.
Its just enough for a bike to cross.

Idiots suddenly appear as you rev up the engine to start the climb.

Be very careful.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
some rider will die here.

As you approach the climb up for the new Panjagutta flyover from the Nagarjuna circle sides.

Be very careful.
I suppose you are referring to the extreme right side of the road, just where the flyover begins. Good point.
That is where I gun my engines if the traffic is a bit thin, and once I scared the daylights out of a biker at that place.
Old 12th April 2009, 14:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I suppose you are referring to the extreme right side of the road, just where the flyover begins. Good point.
That is where I gun my engines if the traffic is a bit thin, and once I scared the daylights out of a biker at that place.
Tut, tut, Venu, I am disappointed - only one!

That is the only place on the stretch where once can get ahead of the dawdlers who weave across all 3 lanes. Most 2 wheelers who decide to take the shortcut (to hell) want to cut across and go to the ICICI ATM on the extreme left side! Almost every time I am at a good clip on the stretch a biker decides it is time to get flattened. One went white (his pillion almost passed out), another just stood on his brakes with his front wheel sticking into my lane (I must have missed him by about 6 inches). One bright bulb decided to take a SHARP right and head into the relative safety of the divider.

One scared the living daylights out of me - a PYT who was almost across the centre lane, decided to check her wardrobe & make-up before she dismounted at the ATM. What was she thinking? The ATM would marry her and keep dispensing cash especially for her, all her life (which was within some 2 seconds of being cut short by the tank).

I just hope that the bright one who decides to take this particular short-cut to hell chooses a RTC bus or a Lal-batti gaadi as his instrument for de-capitation. That way the short-cut will be closed permanently without any fuss.

Cheers,
Old 12th April 2009, 17:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Tut, tut, Venu, I am disappointed - only one!

That is the only place on the stretch where once can get ahead of the dawdlers who weave across all 3 lanes. Most 2 wheelers who decide to take the shortcut (to hell) want to cut across and go to the ICICI ATM on the extreme left side! Almost every time I am at a good clip on the stretch a biker decides it is time to get flattened. One went white (his pillion almost passed out), another just stood on his brakes with his front wheel sticking into my lane (I must have missed him by about 6 inches). One bright bulb decided to take a SHARP right and head into the relative safety of the divider.

One scared the living daylights out of me - a PYT who was almost across the centre lane, decided to check her wardrobe & make-up before she dismounted at the ATM. What was she thinking? The ATM would marry her and keep dispensing cash especially for her, all her life (which was within some 2 seconds of being cut short by the tank).

I just hope that the bright one who decides to take this particular short-cut to hell chooses a RTC bus or a Lal-batti gaadi as his instrument for de-capitation. That way the short-cut will be closed permanently without any fuss.

Cheers,
Now I know why you are disappointed---if things went right, you'd have had the PYT crashing through your windsceen onto your lap, eh?
Old 14th April 2009, 12:56   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Today, While returning from my morning walk noticed that they are making a speedbreaker outside KFC on Himayathnagar on both sides of the road.

For heaven's sake, that road is choc-a-bloc through the day, so why would you need a hump there?

KKRk2, this hump is right outside your apartment building. Make good use of it...LOL
Old 14th April 2009, 13:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today, While returning from my morning walk noticed that they are making a speedbreaker outside KFC on Himayathnagar on both sides of the road.

For heaven's sake, that road is choc-a-bloc through the day, so why would you need a hump there?

KKRk2, this hump is right outside your apartment building. Make good use of it...LOL
Oh no! I just hope the Hyderabad authorities don't get bitten by the 'humping' bug of their Bangalore counter parts!
Old 14th April 2009, 13:33   #52
BHPian

lol.what a timing. i am actually listening to the hump wala song by fergie.seriosuly no kidding
Old 15th April 2009, 16:02   #53
BHPian

venu sir ,saw the inorbit mall being done up close to your office ,once thats functional expect major traffic around your workplace
Old 15th April 2009, 16:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
venu sir ,saw the inorbit mall being done up close to your office ,once thats functional expect major traffic around your workplace
Yep, that darn thing has obstructed the hitherto unhindered view I had of the Durgam Cheruvu from my chair.
Anyways, I am hoping they lay some kind of a bridge from my building to that mall, so that we can take frequent breaks .

BTW, did any of you get held up in the massive jam on Tuesday evening at Begumpet? My daughter wanted to go for a drive, so we went to PG Road to have paani puri and kulfi. But to our horror, the return journey took 1.5 hours owing to the jam on the entire Begumpet stretch starting from Shopper's Stop. Only on reaching Somajiguda circle did we understand that it was the Surds who were responsible.

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th April 2009 at 16:16.
Old 15th April 2009, 18:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, did any of you get held up in the massive jam on Tuesday evening at Begumpet?
I think you mean Monday evening! Yes I saw the jam but luckily I was going in the other direction.

P.S. Maybe after elections the VIP road section between Somajiguda and Greenlands will clear up a bit!
Old 16th April 2009, 14:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Be very careful.
Had the experience yesterday!

Quote:
Is it that weird looking building at the corner or the larger one?
Old 16th April 2009, 15:00   #57
BHPian

wow it was a breezzz to drive today on the roads of hyderabad. being a holiday today most of the roads are empty and it just took 20 mins to reach banjara hills from alwal
Hoping it be the same everyday
Old 16th April 2009, 20:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yes, driving today was a real breeze!
I think Pulsar56 has already mentioned this in another thread---but there is now a hump at the top of the Begumpet flyover for those approaching from Sec'bad side. The road is wide till that point due to the divider being shifted, but just after the hump, it gets narrower to the same width as earlier. So please be careful.
This is a hump that is really well-placed.
Nazim, you are right---it is just after ILabs building, to the left when you reach the Durgam Cheruvu after the downward slope. It's the large brick-coloured building that is under construction.

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th April 2009 at 20:01.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
, it gets narrower to the same width as earlier. So please be careful.
This is a hump that is really well-placed.
hope this movement of divider doesnt take as much time as the construction took place at that particular point above the rails. I think this the same spot which is pending.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
.......The road is wide till that point due to the divider being shifted, but just after the hump, it gets narrower to the same width as earlier. So please be careful.............
Yes, I came across this a couple of days ago.

And if there's heavy traffic, you may not see the sudden narrowing down till you actually reach that point. Better not to get onto the extra bit of road that's available due to the widening, till the work is completed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks