Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 22:04   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, driving today was a real breeze!
I think Pulsar56 has already mentioned this in another thread---but there is now a hump at the top of the Begumpet flyover for those approaching from Sec'bad side.
, What you guys doing sharing such information! and obviously this shows we secunderabadi's are the preferred choice.I always knew i was good at going fast!

Quote:
but just after the hump, it gets narrower to the same width as earlier. So please be careful.
Ouch but I'd sure not avoid taking the hump

Quote:
This is a hump that is really well-placed.
well-placed or do you mean it controls your vehicle's pace ?

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th April 2009 at 22:23.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:08   #62
BHPian

@arun: Man, as usual, proven your prowess with humor and words. LMAO

@ Venu: High time you joined up for the meets, to make sure it is not a bouncer. Missing your subtle wit too.

EDIT: BTW, never knew HYD/SEC had so much of Humps, as they were available at BanGalore. Thanks a ton for the tip.

Last edited by suren181 : 16th April 2009 at 22:11.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

After may days i drove on the begumpet flyover (since last 4 months i have been operating out of Hiech city) and I was thoroughly confused with teh divider marking on the Begumpet flyover.
What are they trying to do exactly?Th idea was meant to widen the road both sides and clear the traffic jams which has become iconic and famous for Begumpet flyover.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:46   #64
BHPian

Have not driven on that stretch recently Ram, however inference (of from this thread) makes me say there is a lot of hump activity in that area, hence the authorities are negligent. Wow, looks like Hyderabad would get a Metro status soon enough.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

@arun--witty remarks indeed! Keep 'em comin'.

@suren--Thx, I was planning to go to Ravv's place on Wed night, but got scared of cops checking. MC's place was walkable from my place, but the venue got changed to Ravv's last minute.
@hillram---before the fly-over was widened (pre 2006 era) there were jams mostly on one side of that fly-over---the side that comes from Sec'bad. So when the newspapers reported the new contract to widen the flyover, they mentioned that the divider would be moved to widen that congested road. They are now widening that portion, and have completed 50%. Since the balance 50% is still with the old width (with unmoved divider), they've placed a hump to slow down vehicles and give them a chance to veer left to avoid hitting the divider.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@suren--Thx, I was planning to go to Ravv's place on Wed night, but got scared of cops checking. MC's place was walkable from my place, but the venue got changed to Ravv's last minute.
You should have still come. It was hardly 1-2kms from your place. Since we went home a bit early..around 3AM...LOL, cops were already in bed snoring away to glory

Btw, you missed out on a lot of drama, dialogue delivery, action, comedy and even sorrow. That night was nothing short of a bollywood movie saga
Old 17th April 2009, 17:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You should have still come. It was hardly 1-2kms from your place. Since we went home a bit early..around 3AM...LOL, cops were already in bed snoring away to glory

Btw, you missed out on a lot of drama, dialogue delivery, action, comedy and even sorrow. That night was nothing short of a bollywood movie saga
Golly, I did miss a lot, it appears! However, I made it up by walking down to a pal's place opp MC's office to have chilled drink that he'd stocked up.

I don't know if you guys have a vacancy for Suryalanka---I am mighty tempted, but as you know, last minute changes are always likely in my case. Both my kids think I'm gone crazy with team-bhp

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2009 at 12:31. Reason: Please see rule #11.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if you guys have a vacancy for Suryalanka
nice way: there's always a room for you sir ,please join us.

too direct: hillram backed out and we need people to fill his place ,so hop in sir.lol
Old 21st April 2009, 14:22   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

@Venu, are you in for the Suryalanka Meet?
Old 21st April 2009, 14:33   #70
Team-BHP Support

New Road coming up.
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-new-road.jpg

The blue is a very good road.
The red is kucha road.
It ends at Hotel Amravathi on Hi Tech City Main Road.
Use only if you are on a Jeep or UV or a bike.

Interesting thing was that my updated SatGuide map has this road.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:47   #71
Team-BHP Support

I think the above road will finally get into the following shape.

After the above map open, please refresh the page. For some reason its focus is going haywire.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-new-road.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 22nd April 2009 at 11:51.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
New Road coming up.
Yes I saw that road few days back. Hope it will reduce some traffic once it is complete.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

That new road is just increasing the distance to reach Madhapur! No point in taking that road and at the point where it will join near hotel Amaravathi, it will be a bottleneck again!

Not able to decipher the second map! Can you please clarify!
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I think the above road will finally get into the following shape.

After the above map open, please refresh the page. For some reason its focus is going haywire.

Attachment 128353
I think you are partially correct---there is indeed a road from Durgam Cheruvu to the Madhapur Main road that is almost done. But it is not aligned with the kutcha road near Amravathi hotel--it is a wee bit off to the left.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:21   #75
BHPian

@Nagvasi Reddy: Good to see someone post about this side of Sec. I thought everyone here lived in the prim and propah' Hyd

If you have to go to Vikrampuri (Apollo Hospital, Sports Extreme Bar etc.) from Malkajgiri, is AOC the only route one can take? Some sections of the AOC road are extremely bad despite coming under defence zone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks