Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 20:46   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Its all set to move the jam from the junction to the point where the flyover ends on the cyber towers side.
Absolutely useless flyover. Add to the fact that it ends at a point (cyber towers end) where we have 100 people waiting for transport at all times, thus we have 1 lane for pedestrians, 1 lane for autos and buses, leaving just one lane again for traffic.

Constructing it on the intersection for people going straight from Madhapur to Kondapur would have been a wiser idea since this stretch will be adding more traffic as residential properties increase towards and after Kondapur.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:12   #707
Senior - BHPian

Today seems to be a day of traffic jams. I needed to go to Ameerpet to do some shopping but seeing the traffic in front of Camp Office towards Ameerpet, decided to go towards Pakwan first to pickup food. Wrong Choice. From HPS till Minister Road took about 20-25 minutes with 1st gear - 2nd gear routine. By that time my left foot was aching so decided to have some Chat at PG Road. Thankfully that road was devoid of traffic but within no time because of few people a massive traffic jam built-up in front of Food World on PG Road. Finally after having some amazing Dabeli and Vada Pav, came back home at 9 PM. We had started off at 6.45 PM. Damn this traffic!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:32   #708
BHPian

Bad traffic jams today between Madhapur PS till Hitec city junction. I think the DC road has again been closed due to overflowing DC lake for which the whole traffic is diverted to this one road now. Madhapur PS signal was total chaos with no one giving a damn for the signal or the solitary traffic policeman there. It's every man for himself. Donno if the situation will improve in the evening.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:25   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Bad traffic jams today between Madhapur PS till Hitec city junction. I think the DC road has again been closed due to overflowing DC lake for which the whole traffic is diverted to this one road now. Madhapur PS signal was total chaos with no one giving a damn for the signal or the solitary traffic policeman there. It's every man for himself. Donno if the situation will improve in the evening.
+1 to what you said. Though I started a little before 9, it took me an hour to reach Ascendas IT Park via Cyber Towers. The good ol' DC Road getting closed has created this pile up.

Looks like another week of traffic mayhem is in store for us.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:40   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
+1 to what you said. Though I started a little before 9, it took me an hour to reach Ascendas IT Park via Cyber Towers. The good ol' DC Road getting closed has created this pile up.

Looks like another week of traffic mayhem is in store for us.
I thought you would be working from Home for rest of the week given the traffic situation
Old 27th September 2010, 11:50   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Heavy Rains lash the city again!
Expect huge traffic jams in the evening if the rain continues. I just had wonderful drive to work with nil traffic from Miyapur to Hitec City. Missed some puddles and took them at normal speed as the visibility was very very low!
This is what happened in my office campus!
Pics taken with my mobile.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-09242010682.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-09242010683.jpg
Old 27th September 2010, 12:03   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Yes. All the IT employees travelling towards KPHB/JNTU will reach much faster to the next jam - The under-construction Hitec city station flyover. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]The opening of this flyover does not make any sense at all unless the other bottle-neck is cleared! Currently, It will just clear up the mess at cyber towers junction!
Very true, now a day’s traffic is pungent at starting of the under-construction Hitec city station flyover (4th Phase) while going back to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Its all set to move the jam from the junction to the point where the flyover ends on the cyber towers side.
Hope soon everybody will realize and move a little bit close to Cyber towers side for office cab pickup points.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:03   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I thought you would be working from Home for rest of the week given the traffic situation
I'd love to, but gotta drop wifey at Mind Space this whole darned week.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:16   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to attend a company-sponsored dinner at The Park in an hour, and I guess I need to drive as nearly half of the 400 metres distance is filled with water, making walking impossible.
Erm, shouldn't it be the other way round? Wading through even knee-deep water on foot is doable, but that level of water brings our cars and bikes to their knees and hammers them.

Continuing the traffic jam sob stories -
1. Yesterday noon while going to Balangar from Miyapur, crossing the half km of road up to the Kukatpally Metro junction took around 20 mins, all in 1st gear, giving my left foot a thorough work-out.
2. Today morning I got stuck at Lingampally railway crossing for half an hour and missed a meeting (4 trains, heavy traffic, extremely bad condition of the road surrounding the tracks and our opportunistic fellow drivers (hogging the opposite side of the road on the opposite gate)). I normally don't take this route but at this hour, the route through the settlement is nerve-wracking with every second vehicle coming within millimetres of touching the ORVMs :(. The choice is really between the devil (the route bad for the engine) and the deep blue sea (the route bad for the body).

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th September 2010, 12:19   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Erm, shouldn't it be the other way round? Wading through even knee-deep water on foot is doable, but that level of water brings our cars and bikes to their knees and hammers them.

Regards,
spadix
Nope, the water was only ankle deep, but would have spoilt my footwear and trousers. I did not want to risk that, especially on my way to a 7-Star hotel.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:26   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I normally don't take this route but at this hour, the route through the settlement is nerve-wracking with every second vehicle coming within millimetres of touching the ORVMs :(. The choice is really between the devil (the route bad for the engine) and the deep blue sea (the route bad for the body).
What is this route through the settlement?

I didn't know that the lingampally railway crossing is so bad. Never faced such issues during the nights. (had stopped once at the gate and it was only one train)

I understand that there is an under-bridge too at Lingampally but never took that road. Is it the one you are referring to as 'Deep Blue Sea'?
Old 27th September 2010, 13:32   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I didn't know that the lingampally railway crossing is so bad. Never faced such issues during the nights. (had stopped once at the gate and it was only one train)

I understand that there is an under-bridge too at Lingampally but never took that road. Is it the one you are referring to as 'Deep Blue Sea'?
Methinks he is referring to the underpass below the Rly lines, which is normally the shortest route, but is narrow and has many speed breakers. I have not traversed on those roads for more than a year though.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:51   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Discussion seemed to have veered and become dominant towards Kukatpally to Hitec city junction.

Give us other part of city dwellers also to share our story.

I started late from Indira park lower tank bund and reached office within 1 hour. So i have nothing to complain today which seems such a bad thing
Old 27th September 2010, 14:48   #719
Senior - BHPian

Continuing in the same essence as mobike008, I started from my house at Punjagutta at 8.45 am towards my office at Raj Bhavan Road. There was a slight buildup of traffic at U Turn infront of Paryatak Bhavan which lasted 30 seconds. There was also a small traffic jam at Rajiv Gandhi Statue which took me about 1 minute to cross and I was finally at my office parking at about 8.51 AM without any further trouble .
Old 27th September 2010, 17:00   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Methinks he is referring to the underpass below the Rly lines, which is normally the shortest route, but is narrow and has many speed breakers. I have not traversed on those roads for more than a year though.
Yes that is the route I'm talking about. The underpass road is fairly smooth (few potholes while approaching the underpass and also in the underpass itself, but the rest of the road is very smooth). However, the stretch from BHEL gate through to Nallagandla is very narrow and at 9-10 am in the morning is very busy. If I go to work at noon this route is smooth, and so is the case at night. Of course 6-8 pm is bad as well. Note - all of this is assuming the wide car. For bikes and hatches this route is heaven, relatively.

At rush hour the railway gate route is preferable *if* (big if) you know the train timings and can avoid them. The road surface near the tracks is very very bad, though. It has worsened over the last two months. Earlier it was good except for the mountainous speed-breakers (which BQ cleared easily with 2 people on-board).

Quote:
Too much train traffic these days. 90% of the times I've taken this route I've had to stop. Usually it's only 5-7 minutes (unless it's raining heavily and underpass route is closed to traffic due to the "deep blue sea"). However today was the first time I saw more than 2 train crossings. Net result - a 20+ minute wait at 0 kmph and a ~10 minute crawl at 0.01 kmph and half-clutch and periodic revving of the engine to climb the rails.

@Avi: The operative word in your case is *late*. If I start late I reach office parking in under 25 mins (for a distance of 13.5 kms), despite the narrow Lingampally stretch .

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 27th September 2010 at 17:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks